MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

5 Amazing Performances From Actors Who Weren't Acting
#281056 - 03/31/12 07:48 PM

5 Amazing Performances From Actors Who Weren't Acting

I have the Alien Quadrilogy and peeped out the docs on that set. The true method to method acting is to scare the crap out of the ensemble.

Groovy stuff. :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: 5 Amazing Performances From Actors Who Weren't Acting new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#281057 - 03/31/12 07:59 PM

Thanks that was an interesting read.

I can't stand Alien Resurrection that much. I don't even like Alien 3 much. I just prefer to watch Alien, Aliens, and the first Alien vs Predator.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

Re: 5 Amazing Performances From Actors Who Weren't Acting new [Re: greybeard]
#281065 - 03/31/12 10:31 PM

Quote:

I can't stand Alien Resurrection that much. I don't even like Alien 3 much.

Alien3 was David Fincher's directorial debut. And he got screwed over by that one since he didn't have a complete shooting script. Alien4, on the other hand, was too damn silly in a whole lot of ways but I dug Ron Perlman. Both were butchered.

Then again, how could they top Ridley Scott's "Alien" and James Cameron's "Aliens"? Instead it's all, "Oh yeah, let's kill Newt and Hicks in their hypersleep right at the beginning!" Then, in the next film, it's "See if you can make a clown pocket out of Ripley's ashes!"

The Looney Bin is a bad influence on me. But the metaphor fits.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

#281069 - 03/31/12 11:14 PM

I thought Alien Resurrection was about hot andriod lezbo sex off camera, and weird human alien monsters.

Actually hot android lezbo sex might have "improved" the movie...

AFAIK Aliens ended the story with Ripley adopting Newt and retiring and the company finding some other S.O.B to go after the Aliens.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: 5 Amazing Performances From Actors Who Weren't Acting new [Re: greybeard]
#281074 - 03/31/12 11:43 PM

Quote:

Actually hot android lezbo sex might have "improved" the movie...

Regarding "Alien4" (I can't bring myself to state that it was a "resurrection" since it was more like a regurgitation): Winona Ryder was wasted. In both ways. But I'm sure the paycheck was nice in 1997.

And now I'm debating to give "Alien4" a spin to convince myself that it wasn't that bad and to refresh my memory. It's right there upon my bookshelf...

...it's like cleaning the catbox: It's easy to do and it has to be done but it's gonna stink!

Quote:

AFAIK Aliens ended the story with Ripley adopting Newt and retiring and the company finding some other S.O.B to go after the Aliens.

"Nuke the last two sequels from orbit. Just to be sure."

I'm sure that the fanfic or even slashfic would've been better. Though I'd really have to be desperate for entertainment to search for that stuff.

--Bekki

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#281079 - 04/01/12 01:08 AM

> 5 Amazing Performances From Actors Who Weren't Acting
>
> I have the Alien Quadrilogy and peeped out the docs on that set. The true method to
> method acting is to scare the crap out of the ensemble.
>
> Groovy stuff. :-)
>
> --Bekki

I was expecting any Nicolas Cage film to be on that list. But yeah, I forgot "not acting" and "can't put other face" is totally different.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: 5 Amazing Performances From Actors Who Weren't Acting new [Re: BIOS-D]
#281090 - 04/01/12 03:47 AM

Quote:

I was expecting any Nicolas Cage film to be on that list. But yeah, I forgot "not acting" and "can't put other face" is totally different.

He's now forever etched within my mind the NOT THE BEES!!!!! guy. No amount of Brain Bleach(tm) will remove it.

Is it true that he got a small part in a movie called "Goat Rider" where he plays a flaming homo on a cycle? I could have a wire crossed.

--Bekki

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 510 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1278