MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

vonnegut represent.
#280985 - 03/30/12 07:42 PM

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/03/i-am-very-real.html?kilgore

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: vonnegut represent. new [Re: italie]
#280986 - 03/30/12 08:01 PM

That reminds me of a Star Trek episode where some children got corrupted by an "Angel" who killed their parents and it was only stopped as Captain Kirk unmasked it for the evil that it was.

I am NOT saying the book is evil, but perhaps the school board leader was and also that sometimes people have to see things as they are to appreciate them for what they represent.

I keep a copy of Time Killers and Chiller as reminders to those who have been brainwashed by our politicians that Mortal Kombat was not the first "violent" video game nor it is "the worst."

Sometimes I think things need preserved in order to show society "bad" things so that they can appreciate the difference between "bad" and "good."

I also want to point out that "bad" leaders like the head of the school board are often bigger reasons why young people become "Bad" and not the books, music, movies, or other influences. Poor leadership is a bigger factor to corruption than any other influence, because leadership dictates how everything else is perceived.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: vonnegut represent. new [Re: italie]
#280989 - 03/30/12 08:39 PM

The tragic lesson is that school administrators haven't learned anything since then. The problem is stupidity. And it's an iatrogenic condition passed from the adults in charge to the kids.

Neurosis: The gift that keeps on giving.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1278