RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

So women don't want the government in their body?
#279740 - 03/20/12 07:12 PM

But they want the government to force religious organizations and businesses to foot the bill for their sexual behavior?

I fail to see how when the insurance industry is cutting care to its clients that its going to get forced to provide more services without cutting more services or how this isn't going to make insurance that harder to get for the poor.

Nothing is free, everything comes at a cost. There are several working poor who can't afford health care and this is just going to make it even harder on them.

I fail to see how staying out of women's wombs is empowered by making religious organizations or businesses foot the bill for their lifestyle choices.

I don't understand why men get meds for erectile problems either, because like it or not the cost of health care keeps skyrocketing, and if you add more expenses someone has to pay for them.

We've already seen people on medicaid and medicare watch their premiums increase and services get cut, I fail to see how this isn't going to happen with the working class as well.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Just go get a stall-mauling from Santorum and stop polluting the Bin already _nt_ new [Re: greybeard]
#279745 - 03/20/12 08:17 PM

:yawn:

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

I can count to potato. new [Re: greybeard]
#279747 - 03/20/12 08:22 PM

> But they want the government to force religious organizations and businesses to foot
> the bill for their sexual behavior?
>
> I fail to see how when the insurance industry is cutting care to its clients that its
> going to get forced to provide more services without cutting more services or how
> this isn't going to make insurance that harder to get for the poor.
>
> Nothing is free, everything comes at a cost. There are several working poor who can't
> afford health care and this is just going to make it even harder on them.
>
> I fail to see how staying out of women's wombs is empowered by making religious
> organizations or businesses foot the bill for their lifestyle choices.
>
> I don't understand why men get meds for erectile problems either, because like it or
> not the cost of health care keeps skyrocketing, and if you add more expenses someone
> has to pay for them.
>
> We've already seen people on medicaid and medicare watch their premiums increase and
> services get cut, I fail to see how this isn't going to happen with the working class
> as well.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: So women don't want the government in their body? new [Re: greybeard]
#279749 - 03/20/12 08:30 PM

> But they want the government to force religious organizations and businesses to foot
> the bill for their sexual behavior?
>
> I fail to see how when the insurance industry is cutting care to its clients that its
> going to get forced to provide more services without cutting more services or how
> this isn't going to make insurance that harder to get for the poor.
>
> Nothing is free, everything comes at a cost. There are several working poor who can't
> afford health care and this is just going to make it even harder on them.
>
> I fail to see how staying out of women's wombs is empowered by making religious
> organizations or businesses foot the bill for their lifestyle choices.
>
> I don't understand why men get meds for erectile problems either, because like it or
> not the cost of health care keeps skyrocketing, and if you add more expenses someone
> has to pay for them.
>
> We've already seen people on medicaid and medicare watch their premiums increase and
> services get cut, I fail to see how this isn't going to happen with the working class
> as well.

Women - do you want greybeard in your body?
Yes.
No.
Orc is a bast.

View the results for this poll

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/09/11
Send PM

#279753 - 03/20/12 08:51 PM

This is the way I see it, Religion already has their hand in the tax payer's pockets.

There are tax exempt religions, individuals receive tax deductions for expenses at private religious schools and I am sure there are more examples.

If a Religion doesn't want to support health insurance because of a specific reason, then they shouldn't be accepting any sort of aid or help from the Government.

Just because health insurance could offer birth control doesn't mean anyone's congregation has to actually use it. And anyone arguing pregnancy is not a medical condition is just stupid.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

I agree to a point. new [Re: Kuehnau]
#279786 - 03/21/12 12:29 AM

I think organized religion should stop taking tax breaks, I think that poisons the church.

I think mandating birth control and contraceptives with insurance companies will cost the working poor their health coverage as it will go through the roof. Seniors who paid into medicare are seeing cuts, and premium hikes, but somehow insurance companies are going to add entitlements to their health care without raising rates and cutting other benefits?

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: greybeard]
#279788 - 03/21/12 12:32 AM

Quote:

I Think...

End it there. Unless you have evidence to back up your claims, then all you're left with is an opinion. Opinion is not fact. Opinion does not have to be respected.

You've said your opinion. We get it....you're against it. What else do you need to say about it?

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#279791 - 03/21/12 01:05 AM

I did have one thing I was going to say, but it was mostly off-topic.

Anyway. I guess all I have to say about it is this (and this is still probably off-topic, but it's close enough)... You've heard the term "Separation of Church and State" Which usually means the Church shouldn't dictate what the Government can and can't do. But what a lot of people seem to forget is that also the Government has no right to dictate to the Church what it can and cannot do.

As for things that are parallel? Like laws against killing, or theft... Well, abortion is murder. But lately, so-called "Medical Ethicists" are saying that a child up to so many years still isn't a "human being" or hasn't developed mentally (or something like that) and it would be okay to (essentially) murder that child. To me - this is just their way of admitting that the unborn are just as good (or "bad") as a child that is 2 or 3 years old, and this is how they can justify something as evil as murder of the innocent and/or helpless.

LEVEL-4

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#279805 - 03/21/12 04:18 AM

> I think mandating birth control and contraceptives with insurance companies will cost
> the working poor their health coverage as it will go through the roof. Seniors who
> paid into medicare are seeing cuts, and premium hikes, but somehow insurance
> companies are going to add entitlements to their health care without raising rates
> and cutting other benefits?

Contraceptives are cheap. Like REALLY, REALLY, dirt-fucking-cheap. Nobody's health care costs are going to "go through the roof". Your statements above are complete and utter bullshit propaganda.

Additionally, by providing contraceptives, the side effect is less unwanted pregnancies, less abortions, less unwed mothers, less orphaned children, less children born into abusive families, and probably other down-stream benefits that I'm not considering. Any way you slice it, that's a win-win for the church, government welfare programs, and subsequently the American tax-payer.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

aavada
master of unlocking
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: krick]
#279807 - 03/21/12 04:24 AM

> Any way you slice it, that's a win-win for the church, government welfare programs, and subsequently the American tax-payer.

But... But the HATE and BITCHING! Give that up? Are you mad?!

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

Re: So women don't want the government in their body? new [Re: Kuehnau]
#279809 - 03/21/12 04:48 AM

Quote:

Just because health insurance could offer birth control...

How about also denying insurance for fertility treatments and hard-on pills? Why should the guys be exempt? Female genital mutilation is seen as a holy religious rite in some cultures. Let's have a Bastille Day for Slick Willy!

Not that I hate men. Or women. Or anyone. Just really stupid people. But I really went off track there. And I accept that.

In the meantime I'm for keeping that dangly rascal wrapped! Condoms are cheap compared to the alternatives.

And dammit we need sex education! If Christers or any religionist has a problem with sex then take it up with yer manufacturer and don't damn the opposite sex or some heathen political faction for their own faith-based ignorance!

For parents and teens, please visit http://www.scarleteen.com to get some very straight talk on sex. The sex education system has failed. Knowing how yer sexual reproductive system operates ain't a crime. And it should never be.

It's either that or me showing clinical speculum and urethral sound shots. Your call. ;-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

#279810 - 03/21/12 04:58 AM

> Contraceptives are cheap. Like REALLY, REALLY, dirt-fucking-cheap. Nobody's health
> care costs are going to "go through the roof". Your statements above are complete and
> utter bullshit propaganda.

Now you make no fucking sense at all. Yes, contraceptive are cheap, so why do you dumb yanks need the overhead of insuracnce companies paying for them on your behalf and gouging you along the way? In the civilised world, everyone who wants themk can afford them at the pharmacy, because they're dirt cheap. Typical yankee attitude.

Dumb yank A: "Wah! Buying pills is hard! I need an insurer to do it for me! Make the government mandate it!"
Dumb yank B: "Wah! Regulations driving up my premiums! I don't need contraceptives anyway because I only have buttsex!"

krick
Get Fuzzy
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: Matty_]
#279812 - 03/21/12 05:16 AM

> Now you make no fucking sense at all. Yes, contraceptive are cheap, so why do you
> dumb yanks need the overhead of insuracnce companies paying for them on your behalf
> and gouging you along the way? In the civilised world, everyone who wants themk can
> afford them at the pharmacy, because they're dirt cheap. Typical yankee attitude.
>
> Dumb yank A: "Wah! Buying pills is hard! I need an insurer to do it for me! Make the
> government mandate it!"
> Dumb yank B: "Wah! Regulations driving up my premiums! I don't need contraceptives
> anyway because I only have buttsex!"

For totally unknown reasons, the US won't allow birth control pills to be sold over the counter. You MUST see a doctor and have them prescribed. There are far more dangerous medications sold over the counter. I doesn't make any sense.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

#279815 - 03/21/12 05:38 AM

Quote:

Yes, contraceptive are cheap, so why do you dumb yanks need the overhead of insuracnce companies paying for them on your behalf and gouging you along the way

That's the problem with the majority of United States' yanks: It's that sense of manifest destiny entitlement ickypoo nonsense that clouds the light of reason.

Condoms. Are. Cheap. And. Legally. Available. HERE! They're available over the counter in the U.S.! That's a dumb clichéd' choice of words. Forget the counter! They're even available within the aisles of Sprawl*Mart in the pharmacy area! At least within West Kittanning, PA! That is unless the Sprawl*Mart is located in some backwoods podunk mouth-breather section of the state that the busses don't go or where Mr. Phelp's clan and cultists visit.

And they're LATEX! LATEX, for Christ's sake! Nowhere within any religious tome that I have text-searched from most religions have I found any mention of LATEX, much less anything BANNING LATEX!

A guy that kvetches about having to buy a condom or keep their rascal wrapped isn't much of a man to me. Sounds like a selfish sod who'd rather give into their urges and get the maximum pleasure out of it all rather than give any consideration to anything and anyone else! The idiot gives no consideration towards the Reality of STDs and unwanted pregnancies: The Gifts That Keep On Giving!(tm)

To the 50% of you faith-based people out there, please be fully aware that God made rubber trees. God gave women teeth, too. But now I'm getting off-track again. ;-)

Sheath that sucker! Latex works! And latex is pretty damn sexy too! Just don't use petroleum-based lubricants or it will break down the latex. And trim those meat-cleaver nails of yours or don a pair of latex exam gloves (they're available in different colors, including black, to match that black latex hood I have for your other head...oh my, I'm getting off track...thank the inventors of punctuation within the English langwitch for parentheses). Sharp pointed edges create holes...and if your parts are shaped like that then you need some additional assistance. Past that, latex is very stretchy, resilient, and durable.

If I'm one-sided it's because I'm passionate and knowledgeable about such subjects (I'm a, ahem, "hands-on" kind of person). Some people are allergic to the proteins within natural latex (the tree sap, not the sap wearing the condom you perv). You can find condoms in stretchy nitrile and vinyl. But nothing hugs, grips, and caresses the human form like latex...mmmmmm...

I need to take a shower. But at least I didn't use the F-word for the sake of keeping my record "clean". ;-)

But, yes, latex condoms are extremely affordable here. You don't need insurance for that. Condoms *ARE* insurance! :-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Nope, they want me in there <nt> new [Re: greybeard]
#279817 - 03/21/12 05:51 AM

In a bucket. Yup.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#279819 - 03/21/12 06:09 AM

> But, yes, latex condoms are extremely affordable here. You don't need insurance for
> that. Condoms *ARE* insurance! :-)

Sexually active women who could potentially become pregnant (i.e. are having heterosexual sex) should have the right to have control over their own reproductive system.

Yes, condoms are a form of birth control and they should definitely be used to prevent the spread of STDs. And, as you allude to, they also can be used to keep your toys clean. However, condoms can tear or even slip off during a lengthy session.

Condoms *and* birth control pills should be used together for best effect.

Speaking of latex. Have you noticed that many places are no longer carrying latex gloves because some people are allergic? WTF. I guess stores should just stop carrying all foods that contain peanuts too while they're at it.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

MAME is not a condom *nt* new [Re: krick]
#279820 - 03/21/12 06:20 AM

Wish I could find Pi's epic rant... repost?

- Stiletto

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#279821 - 03/21/12 06:49 AM

> > Contraceptives are cheap. Like REALLY, REALLY, dirt-fucking-cheap. Nobody's health
> > care costs are going to "go through the roof". Your statements above are complete
> and
> > utter bullshit propaganda.
>
> Now you make no fucking sense at all. Yes, contraceptive are cheap, so why do you
> dumb yanks need the overhead of insuracnce companies paying for them on your behalf
> and gouging you along the way? In the civilised world, everyone who wants themk can
> afford them at the pharmacy, because they're dirt cheap. Typical yankee attitude.
>
> Dumb yank A: "Wah! Buying pills is hard! I need an insurer to do it for me! Make the
> government mandate it!"
> Dumb yank B: "Wah! Regulations driving up my premiums! I don't need contraceptives
> anyway because I only have buttsex!"

You've obviously never worked in social services. The argument, even within insurance companies, has never been "Is paying for contraceptives cheaper than the alternative?". The argument is whether the money for those contraceptives is going to come out of your taxes, or your insurance premiums.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

WhatsNew in 0.146: Trojan Protection Emulated <nt> new [Re: Stiletto]
#279822 - 03/21/12 06:51 AM

> Wish I could find Pi's epic rant... repost?
>
> - Stiletto

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: So women don't want the government in their body? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#279851 - 03/21/12 01:37 PM

> abortion is murder.

I've heard people say that meat is murder. Frankly, I find meat to be delicious, especially when cooked
on the grill. If murder is so delicious, how can it be wrong? In conclusion,

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: Just go get a stall-mauling from Santorum and stop polluting the Bin already _nt_ new [Re: aavada]
#279870 - 03/21/12 04:50 PM Attachment: 2I9zq.gif 212 KB (1 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: italie]
#279871 - 03/21/12 05:04 PM

Yes you can either buy the condoms yourself, for cheap at a Wal Mart, or have the insurance company charge you 2X or more for them. I thought that was one of my initial points.

Frag, for as poor as I am, I can buy condoms if I want, I'm not talking about denying people contraceptives, but for crying out loud mandating the insurance companies provide them will never be cheaper than buying them yourself.

If people keep adding "entitlements" to health care, the costs will soar, and people will be unable to afford it.

Nothing in life is free.

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

MAME is a condom new [Re: Stiletto]
#279874 - 03/21/12 05:10 PM

> Wish I could find Pi's epic rant... repost?

Wish granted:

> Anyone who says mame is about documenting hardware and not playing games is a
> hypocrite and talking bollocks.

Well, let's see if I can explain this to someone who is shortsighted. I mean shortsighted because you only see MAME from your point of view, that's the point of view of someone who only wants to play the games and doesn't give a damn about anything else.

Let's make an analogy. I hope you can see that it's an analogy and not an exact equality from beginning to end. You know what condoms are, right? You can use them to fuck safely (wether it's for not getting STD or not having a baby with your partner) and hopefully, fucking comfortably while using it. But you can also fill them with water, throw them thru your window, and soak the innocent walkers who could be passing by it in that moment.

Now "hipothetically" think that you don't fuck, but you like to soak innocents just because. So, if you don't fuck, then you don't need to fuck safely, so you don't need the "fuck safely" feature which a condom provides. You don't need either other features of condoms, like lubricant, roughness, resistence to long (or short) periods of friction, etc. So you only use condoms for soaking walkers beneath your window.

Then, for you, the condom only has one use, and you don't care about the rest of its features. You might even start to think why there are so many kinds of condoms, and think that the lubricant is useless, and why making it so resistent if you only want to put a couple ounces water in it and break it. In fact, if it is too resistent, it might fall and bounce instead of breaking and making a water explosion which is just what you want.

If you don't care about all those things from the condoms, and you don't know what the fuck "fuck" is, then you might also state that condoms are just for soaking others with water and various liquids. That whoever invented the condom was just making another water baloon and their only intention was making a balloon for the purpose already stated, but somehow they thought that giving another cumbersome reason was protecting them from potential sues from innocent, soaked walkers who might think they did the condom to provide unimaginative clowns with another weapon. And you might think that anyone who disagrees with you in such an statement just doesn't see the only usage of the condoms, and anyone who tries to explain you that condoms are for fucking, when you don't care about, or understand such a concept, is just giving you bullshit.

Now let's go back to the initial statement that MAME is about preserving games (by the means of emulating their hardware as accurately as possible), and playing with them is a secondary effect. If you have followed me thru this aug-length post, then you see that MAME is the condom. Fuck is preserving the games, and play with MAME is using the condoms as water balloons and not for fucking. There are thousands kinds of water baloons out there, there are other emulators which care more about playing than about accuracy. No one forces you to use MAME for such an endeavour. Use another water balloons for your water parties but don't tell condom makers to make them less resistant because they don't break when you want. Which is the same as: use another emulators if you only care about playing, but don't tell mamedevs to not keep preserving games by the means of emulating as accurately as possible.

We have reached now the point where two buts (not two butts, although we've talked about sex) might arise. The first is: "but most people use MAME for playing than for preserving or repairing hardware". The second is: "but MAME has this and that game but other emus don't".

Keeping with the analogy, the first but is pointless. Condom makers care about the "fucking safely" usage of the condoms, and couldn't care less if you want to fill them with water or make wacky costumes for carnival. Actually condom makers wouldn't care if all their customers started buying water balloons instead, because they wanted to focus in the niche market of the ones who want to fuck. I hope you can see that mamedevs don't care as much for the playability, but they care about the accuracy because that's what they want to do, and don't care for what you use MAME as long as it doesn't break the license (which has nothing to do with being accurate or not, please, it's not that hard to see).

The second is as simple as the first, although longer to explain. Imagine that filling a condom with one ounce water is ok, but filling it with six galloons breaks it before you can throw them to oh so many innocent travellers. You could imagine a water balloon or condom which could cope with all that water. But if you said to the condom makers to make a condom which has more water capacity, they would tell you that condoms' primary function is for fucking, not for filling them with water. They would tell you that following your advice would actually put in danger their first and only intention with making condoms, and that's fucking safely. They would tell you to use other water balloons instead. Oh, but you want a condom-shaped water balloon? Then go to a water balloon maker and tell him "hey look this condom, now you have all the information to make a condom-shaped balloon". MAME is its source code, and that's what the project distributes under a certain license. Any other emulator author is free to learn from such source and implement another emulation where the playability is the only reason for such an implementation.

You made clear from the beginning that you only want MAME for the playability, to play classic games in your PC. That doesn't mean that the mamedevs or anyone who cares about the project should change their point of view and the aim of the whole project to match your limited usage of MAME.

> But I am not going to argue with you anymore, I am entitled to my opinion and
> have said it.

You are not entitled to spread false statements or to insulting people freely just based on your opinion. In any case, you didn't express your opinion, you stated a fact. And you stated a wrong fact, and insulted a lot of people just because you thought your statement was right. And it wasn't, have I said it already? You can't keep arguing because the only reason you can give to defend your statement is that you only use MAME to play and nothing else. Which might be true too for zillions of other MAME users, but not for many many other MAME users, and totally false for most mamedevs, the project maintainers, and I'd say false for most of the people who post in this board, be them mamedevs or not.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

word_nt new [Re: Pi]
#279880 - 03/21/12 05:40 PM

Thanks for the repost, that should be stickied or put in a FAQ somewhere.

It's universal - with very few modifications, your analogy could be applied to any open project that has a forum with entitled, me-me-me newbies complaining about it.

S

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

#279881 - 03/21/12 06:02 PM

I don't understand either, and I don't care if it were made available over the counter.

I don't care who's screwing who and how they're screwing each other.

Whatever consenting people above the age of consent do is not my business.

I just don't like the government getting into insurance companies when they've made a mess of Medicare and Medicaid.

I use government assistance because I can't work. I wouldn't want someone elses health care to be messed up like Medicare and Medicaid were by the government.

Hizzout
Send PM

#279882 - 03/21/12 06:09 PM

Quote:

I use government assistance because I can't work.

And there are people that are just opposed to that, as you are to this. So before you start complaining how other peoples "life choices" might affect your pocket book, take a look at your own situation.

Nothing is free.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: Hizzout]
#279883 - 03/21/12 06:12 PM

Being born with a bad heart isn't a lifestyle choice.

Surviving four heart surgeries isn't a lifestyle choice.

Someday you won't be able to work, and then what?

aavada
master of unlocking
Send PM

#279885 - 03/21/12 06:22 PM

> I use government assistance because I can't work.

But yet you're able to spend all of this time playing on the internet... Instead of worrying about what other people do with their ugly bits maybe you should take a long look in the mirror and consider what a load YOU are putting on society?

Maybe that's why you hate the thought of what "others" are doing with health care funds, you're projecting your own guilt onto them. I know a few psych students who'd LOVE to hang out with you...

Hizzout
Send PM

#279886 - 03/21/12 06:22 PM

Why is ok to receive government help in one situation, but not for someone else? Your situation is costing someone, somewhere money. Isn't that your gripe about this topic? Someone's birth control costing someone else money?

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: aavada]
#279891 - 03/21/12 06:28 PM

Not really, I've cut my time online, and no I don't feel guilt on being on assistance. I feel sad on not being able to use the education I worked hard to achieve.

If people want to do whatever they want sexually I don't care.

If people think making the insurance companies pay for it will be cheaper than paying for it themselves, they're nuts.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

#279894 - 03/21/12 06:32 PM

I'm saying that they'd find it cheaper to pay for it than pay the insurance company to provide it. I couldn't get insurance because of my health, that I was born with, what do you think will happen when insurance companies have more requirements of what they must provide? Rates will go up and less people will be able to afford insurance.

Its not like government mandates will be "free" they'll cost those who want them more than if they paid it themselves.

Hizzout
Send PM

#279897 - 03/21/12 06:46 PM

Quote:

I couldn't get insurance because of my health, that I was born with...Rates will go up and less people will be able to afford insurance.

Sounds like you'd be all for universal health care then, especially in your situation but IIRC you were against "Obamacare".

I don't personally feel this way, and I don't know the details of your personal situation, but there are people who would think you're getting something for nothing. If you can write on a message board on the internet, surely you could work from home, data entry, telemarketing, phone sex operator (smirk), something that wouldn't require you to receive government assistance.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#279901 - 03/21/12 07:39 PM

> Yes you can either buy the condoms yourself, for cheap at a Wal Mart, or have the
> insurance company charge you 2X or more for them. I thought that was one of my
> initial points.
>
> Frag, for as poor as I am, I can buy condoms if I want, I'm not talking about denying
> people contraceptives, but for crying out loud mandating the insurance companies
> provide them will never be cheaper than buying them yourself.
>
> If people keep adding "entitlements" to health care, the costs will soar, and people
> will be unable to afford it.
>
> Nothing in life is free.

You are assuming that a majority of the population can be counted on to do so. Reality check....they can't.

If that (large) group can't be counted on to buy a condom, you think they can be counted on to raise the kid? Reality check #2....they can't.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#279909 - 03/21/12 08:37 PM

Quote:

Speaking of latex. Have you noticed that many places are no longer carrying latex gloves because some people are allergic?

I've noticed that. And it's really dumb.

I know that not everyone can handle latex to the point that the allergic reaction can lead to shock. But to remove all latex from the shelves in order to protect the few? Makes no sense.

I can understand hospitals and food service not using latex. But within the free marketplace give us consumers a choice or we'll take our bizness elsewhere. While vinyl and nitrile are good they just don't have the stretchy properties of latex. That and I'm biased towards latex because I'm a perv. ;-)

Anyway, the main gripe I have with Sprawl*Mart and latex is when they only sell "one size fits all" exam gloves. In my case they tend to be too big. Fortunately I have Internet access and know where to find some proper-sized gloves. That and I'm floating the idea of starting my own online glove boutique. And I don't take insurance.

--Bekki

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

#279945 - 03/22/12 02:34 AM

Frankly I worked my ass off for four years and received a Bachelors Degree in Business and couldn't get any opportunity to try and work. I could have sat on my butt and do nothing but I worked hard and it didn't pan out.

The problem with Obamacare is that the US can't cover what it already covers, people on Medicare and medicaid already are having their health care cut, exactly how do you cover more people when you're trillions of $$$ in debt, and can't handle your current expenses.

I'd say I'm glad I survived four open heart surgeries and accept the fact I can't work. I'd say those who don't like that fact can be happy they can work and that if they become either too old to work or disabled they can live below the poverty level as well.

They should be glad they can work, there are a lot of people who would like to and I'm one of them.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

wordperfect nt new [Re: Sune]
#279947 - 03/22/12 02:36 AM

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#279958 - 03/22/12 04:39 AM

Quote:

exactly how do you cover more people when you're trillions of $$$ in debt, and can't handle your current expenses.

Tax the rich Rapethuglicans who have the cash to promote the "we are overtaxed" nonsense through their greenwashed Teabaggers.

Tax religion! Why should anyone who believes in some invisible sky being or other invisible entities exempt from taxes? Meanwhile they find time to get political as well. Within that context I see no difference between a church and a think tank.

Fortunately for CON-servatives, liberals are pathologically spineless by design. Liberals know nothing about fighting. It's as if once they get within the beltway a couple things get lopped off below the belt as some form of perverted ritual.

But I can't gripe about politicians. They're as dumb and out-of-touch as the people who think they cast a vote or two for 'em.

--Bekki

Hizzout
Send PM

#279962 - 03/22/12 05:01 AM

Yeah, see how mad you get when others don't know your situation and say what you should be doing with your life? There are people who would say that you are a burden on the taxpayer, or the healthcare system just as you claim this birth control situation would be. See how the situation isn't so black and white?

You don't know others situations either. There are people who honestly can't afford birth control, but more importantly they can't afford a child either. There are people who are working just as hard as you did for your degree just to make ends meet. So they shouldn't have sex at all? Some would say that with your bad ticker you shouldn't eat so much as a hamburger, or even walk to the mailbox.

Teens are going to have sex regardless of what the church or government tells them. Consenting adults sure as hell are going to have sex also. As was pointed out before the cost of birth control is so much less than the cost of abortion (and with more readily available and affordable birth control there would be FEWER abortions), or the cost of welfare for children that the parents can't afford. You can be pro-life, and also pro-birth control.

I'm guessing your stance on this has less to do with the cost involved, than it does with your religious or political views. Your original post sounds eerily close to the propaganda that Rush Limbaugh was spouting before he should have put his foot in his mouth.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#279968 - 03/22/12 05:13 AM

> You can be pro-life,
> and also pro-birth control.

I would take this a step further and say that if you are genuinely pro-life, i.e. you want the number of abortions performed to be as close to 0 as possible, then being pro-birth control is the only position that makes any sense.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#279971 - 03/22/12 05:24 AM

> Frankly I worked my ass off for four years and received a Bachelors Degree in
> Business and couldn't get any opportunity to try and work. I could have sat on my
> butt and do nothing but I worked hard and it didn't pan out.
>
> The problem with Obamacare is that the US can't cover what it already covers, people
> on Medicare and medicaid already are having their health care cut, exactly how do you
> cover more people when you're trillions of $$$ in debt, and can't handle your current
> expenses.
>
> I'd say I'm glad I survived four open heart surgeries and accept the fact I can't
> work. I'd say those who don't like that fact can be happy they can work and that if
> they become either too old to work or disabled they can live below the poverty level
> as well.
>
> They should be glad they can work, there are a lot of people who would like to and
> I'm one of them.

I've had a tax liability every tax year since I was 18. So, enjoy the fruits of my labors. It's nice to know my tax dollars allow you to type away angrily on a gaming message board. Money well spent.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

o/~ Special Ed, his mama dropped him on his head... o/~ -NT- new [Re: italie]
#279973 - 03/22/12 05:29 AM

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#279978 - 03/22/12 05:46 AM

> You've heard the term "Separation of Church and
> State" Which usually means the Church shouldn't dictate what the Government can and
> can't do. But what a lot of people seem to forget is that also the Government has no
> right to dictate to the Church what it can and cannot do.

What a strange thing to say, you can't just turn it around like that.
Like this, you are effectively saying that the law doesn't apply to the church.

S

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: DMala]
#279981 - 03/22/12 06:05 AM

I know what you're saying but preventing pregnancy does not equal terminating a pregnancy (that is to say a fertilized egg).

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: DMala]
#279987 - 03/22/12 06:19 AM

Quote:

I would take this a step further and say that if you are genuinely pro-life, i.e. you want the number of abortions performed to be as close to 0 as possible, then being pro-birth control is the only position that makes any sense.

Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is great
When a sperm gets wasted
God gets quite irate

Religion is the problem. These hyper-pious retards have a huge hangup about abortion then, when it comes down to contraception, they claim that it's smut that'll make kids give into their urge to merge.

The logic is so simple: Take the risk of conception out of the equation and you don't NEED an abortion! No need to shoot doctors! No need to plaster pictures of aborted fetuses! It saves a *LOT* of trouble!

Why are the religiously blind against education and knowledge? It's as if they hate humanity and themselves.

--Bekki

krick
Get Fuzzy
Send PM

The 'biblical view' that's younger than the Happy Meal new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#279990 - 03/22/12 06:34 AM

This is a good read about how "life begins at conception" is a fairly recent concept...

The 'biblical view' that’s younger than the Happy Meal
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist...the-happy-meal/

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: The 'biblical view' that’s younger than the Happy Meal new [Re: krick]
#279997 - 03/22/12 07:06 AM

Quote:

This is a good read about how "life begins at conception" is a fairly recent concept...

I read that. The disturbing thing is that the believers don't see how their worldview changes or rather "evolves". The irony is that they're against the fact of evolution itself. They just use their one book to make retroactive corrections and claim that's the way it always was.

And yet the religiously insane ignore what they already published within their own works. How much self-awareness need to be sacrificed to become a True Believer?

--Bekki

Brad
Aussie D1ckhead
Loc: Australia
Send PM

Re: The 'biblical view' that’s younger than the Happy Meal new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#280000 - 03/22/12 07:24 AM

>How much self-awareness need to be sacrificed to become a True Believer?
>
> --Bekki

Pretty much all of it. You start to question one aspect of religion and it's get's "dangerously" close to questioning all aspects of it I know several people (friends) who admit that they will no longer listen to my reasoning on the subject because they'd rather believe so we have agreed not discuss the subject together anymore.

Brad

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: So women don't want the government in their body? new [Re: Sune]
#280023 - 03/22/12 03:15 PM

> > You've heard the term "Separation of Church and
> > State" Which usually means the Church shouldn't dictate what the Government can and
> > can't do. But what a lot of people seem to forget is that also the Government has
> no
> > right to dictate to the Church what it can and cannot do.
>
> What a strange thing to say, you can't just turn it around like that.
> Like this, you are effectively saying that the law doesn't apply to the church.
>
> S

lol, good one. No. I don't think churches are going to go around breaking laws.

I guess when I used the word "do" I should've stressed that it was mostly what a church can say. Since there are some people that consider teachings as "hate speech". Then the government could step in and say "You can't read this & that verse because it's offensive to _______."

I think they did something like that in Canada. All power and glory to the church of political correctness.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#280063 - 03/22/12 07:15 PM

Quote:

No. I don't think churches are going to go around breaking laws.

Fortunately most places of worship and their congregations don't break laws. They just want to worship in peace. That's the Good News.

Churches can't engage in politics. As in telling their congregations who to explicitly vote for, much less provide voting guides that either support or oppose specific candidates. It's that thin line that churches have to abide by in order to keep their tax-exempt status. At least that's to the best of my own understanding.

It's when a church's leadership feels that they're above the laws of humanity that they get introverted and feel that their one book trumps all. An extreme case would be that wacky-to-me Phelps clan where in their own eyes "God Hates" this and "God Hates" that. They even picket fallen soldiers' funerals for cryin' out loud!

Or worse, since the laws of humankind are worthless in the eyes of these Hard Core True Believers, it's not much of a stretch to devalue human life that isn't considered "sacred" in their eyes. So doctors wind up getting shot, aircraft crash into skyscrapers, and federal buildings get blown up. They're the type of people who want to bring Armageddon to the masses.

With that in mind I used to believe I was occasionally misanthropic. I realize now that I can't come close to those people who lost all faith in humanity to the point that they want to destroy it all.

Most people are good. It's that extremist and hate-filled minority that makes life difficult for the rest of us. I may not religiously believe but I believe religiously in the strength of humankind. I have faith in humanity to do what's best given life itself.

Humans ain't perfect. But they can do some amazing things, both good and bad.

--Bekki

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: So women don't want the government in their body? new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#280067 - 03/22/12 07:34 PM

Frankly not everyone who says they're "religious" is in deed "religious."

As far as a "litmus" test on Christians, see if they believe Jesus is the Christ and if they profess it.

I don't believe the Westboro Baptists are Christians, frag they aren't even Baptists as they were kicked out of the Baptist church.

In fact several "Christian" groups are becoming more "friendly" towards homosexuals, whether its good or not I dunno, but for the most part I'm not interested in what others "do in their bedroom."

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#280092 - 03/22/12 11:15 PM

Quote:

I don't believe the Westboro Baptists are Christians, frag they aren't even Baptists as they were kicked out of the Baptist church.

Well, like it or not, they are. They claim themselves to be Christians, much to the chagrin of others. They're so far gone within their little cultish circle-jerk that they believe that the world is sinful and they have no fear of stating as such. They just don't care about how others outside of their cilque perceives them.

Christian or not, those people are just not very nice people. I wouldn't want to invite them over for a dinner party. Would you?

--Bekki

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: So women don't want the government in their body? new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#280094 - 03/22/12 11:27 PM

> I don't believe the Westboro Baptists are Christians, frag they aren't even Baptists
> as they were kicked out of the Baptist church.
>
> Well, like it or not, they are. They claim themselves to be Christians, much to the
> chagrin of others. They're so far gone within their little cultish circle-jerk that
> they believe that the world is sinful and they have no fear of stating as such. They
> just don't care about how others outside of their cilque perceives them.
>
> Christian or not, those people are just not very nice people. I wouldn't want to
> invite them over for a dinner party. Would you?
>
> --Bekki

I would, but only if the rest of the dinner guests were a herd of zombies.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: So women don't want the government in their body? new [Re: Gor]
#280107 - 03/23/12 12:22 AM

Quote:

I would, but only if the rest of the dinner guests were a herd of zombies.

I pity the zombies for the lack of cranial nourishment from those guests.

--Bekki

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: o/~ Special Ed, his mama dropped him on his head... o/~ -NT- new [Re: igamabob]
#280134 - 03/23/12 03:47 AM

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: o/~ Special Ed, his mama dropped him on his head... o/~ -NT- new [Re: italie]
#280149 - 03/23/12 04:48 AM

the guy he's prank calling almost sounds like me - if I were just awaken from a sleep.

...I'm sure it wasn't me.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: o/~ Special Ed, his mama dropped him on his head... o/~ -NT- new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#280169 - 03/23/12 01:43 PM

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

#280170 - 03/23/12 02:12 PM

Bingo Bekki! Religion IS the problem,these are the same people who are pro life,but are also pro death penalty and pro war.Religion clouds the mind of clear,rational thought.

We would all live in a happier,and SAFER world without religion.

And with that I am off to work,have a great day all!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: mesk]
#280211 - 03/23/12 07:20 PM

> Bingo Bekki! Religion IS the problem,these are the same people who are pro life,but
> are also pro death penalty and pro war.Religion clouds the mind of clear,rational
> thought.
>
> We would all live in a happier,and SAFER world without religion.
>
> And with that I am off to work,have a great day all!

So... You think it is OK to kill innocent children, but not OK to kill adults who have killed others for personal gain? That's rational.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: I agree to a point. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#280215 - 03/23/12 07:42 PM

> So... You think it is OK to kill innocent children, but not OK to kill adults who
> have killed others for personal gain? That's rational.

The conservative mindset is that of a fisherman... throw 'em back when they're young, kill 'em when they're bigger.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#280220 - 03/23/12 08:24 PM

Quote:

So... You think it is OK to kill innocent children...

I'm 100% for open and frank discussion on how the male and female human reproductive systems work and how people can get maximum pleasure from them while avoiding conception. The point is to avoid the need for abortion.

And pro-lifers support the shooting of mature adults who happen to be doctors. They support homicide! And by extension of the fear they hope to instill within any ob-gyn through such an action that makes them terrorists. And since the Rapethuglican party sees them as a group to pander to for votes and money that makes them supporters of terrorism.

But I digress.

Pro-lifers have a huge sexual hangup. They see it and the organs involved as dirty or only for purposes of procreation (they really need to talk to their manufacturer about that). Throw in school administrators who want to be liked that pander to such fear-filled cretins and you wind up with teens wanting to engage in a little sin without a full understanding of the pros and cons of that urge to merge.

And let's also consider the rebellious nature of teens. It doesn't take much for teens to see these adults as know-nothings. Throw that in with those newly-flowing hormones and hello STD's and teenage pregnancy.

Human organs may not be the prettiest things in this world but it's what we have. It's best to know how they work. Pro-lifers want to pretend that they're for eliminating abortions. Well, how about supporting contraception and how to use it properly? Avoid conception and the problem is solved!

Until pro-lifers can understand such simple reasoning I'll reluctantly support the need for abortion. And, speaking of children, even teens are stoned in less-developed nations just for being friends, without fornication no less, with someone not of their own faith. And then there also non-consenting genital mutilation and other barbaric acts. All because some deity talked to some prophet and that human being wrote it down thousands of years ago in some long-forgotten dialect thought it was a good idea without considering the consequences.

Thousands of years ago humans were very savage creatures. I'd like to believe that such humans are only a part of the past.

Random thought: For all you "300" fans y'ever realize the whole load of infanticide that went into the the creation of the elite Spartan warrior squad? It's right at the beginning of Zack Snyder's film and at the beginning of Frank Miller's graphic novel. Once you get into the main action you forget about that small dark detail.

Good flick but wow!

--Bekki

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#280221 - 03/23/12 08:32 PM

Holy crap! This is a video game preservation forum, right?

I feel like a loon! LOL!

Anyone want drinks? I'm buyin'! I don't partake so you can have my share.

--Bekki

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#280224 - 03/23/12 08:54 PM

> So... You think it is OK to kill innocent children...
>
> I'm 100% for open and frank discussion on how the male and female human reproductive
> systems work and how people can get maximum pleasure from them while avoiding
> conception. The point is to avoid the need for abortion.
>
> And pro-lifers support the shooting of mature adults who happen to be doctors. They
> support homicide! And by extension of the fear they hope to instill within any ob-gyn
> through such an action that makes them terrorists. And since the Rapethuglican party
> sees them as a group to pander to for votes and money that makes them supporters of
> terrorism.
>
> But I digress.
>
> Pro-lifers have a huge sexual hangup. They see it and the organs involved as dirty or
> only for purposes of procreation (they really need to talk to their manufacturer
> about that). Throw in school administrators who want to be liked that pander to such
> fear-filled cretins and you wind up with teens wanting to engage in a little sin
> without a full understanding of the pros and cons of that urge to merge.
>
> And let's also consider the rebellious nature of teens. It doesn't take much for
> teens to see these adults as know-nothings. Throw that in with those newly-flowing
> hormones and hello STD's and teenage pregnancy.
>
> Human organs may not be the prettiest things in this world but it's what we have.
> It's best to know how they work. Pro-lifers want to pretend that they're for
> eliminating abortions. Well, how about supporting contraception and how to use it
> properly? Avoid conception and the problem is solved!
>

To be fair, I'm sure there are pro-lifers out there who do condone the use of contraception and
don't condone the murder of doctors, they're just against abortion. It may even be a majority.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#280225 - 03/23/12 09:10 PM

> So... You think it is OK to kill innocent children...
>
> I'm 100% for open and frank discussion on how the male and female human reproductive
> systems work and how people can get maximum pleasure from them while avoiding
> conception. The point is to avoid the need for abortion.
>
> And pro-lifers support the shooting of mature adults who happen to
> be doctors. They support homicide! And by extension of the fear they
> hope to instill within any ob-gyn through such an action that makes
>them terrorists.

No. You are describing a vanishingly small group.

> And since the Rapethuglican party

Stop there. You've just tried to insult half of about half the country, by calling them thugs and rapists, with nothing at all to back that up. Everything you say beyond that is completely worthless because your first course of action is meritless mocking derision.

END. Or try again after you learn to avoid such nonsense, which I expect won't be any time soon, as you've used the same word in other recent posts.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#280232 - 03/23/12 10:13 PM

Quote:

Stop there. You've just tried to insult half of about half the country...

25%

Quote:

...by calling them thugs and rapists, with nothing at all to back that up.

I'm so sorry that I hurt your feelings through such empty insults and name-calling. Shake it off. You're okay.

In fairness I also bash Degenerats as well who kowtow to the Rapethuglican blinded-by-religion "base". So, by your math, I'm not only alienating those who are attracted to the right-wing but also the other half of partisans. Half the country is comprised of left-wing and right-wing extremists by that assertion.

Then there's that remaining 50% that just doesn't care, much less votes, for any of this two-party ideological nonsense. Go figure! That means that Rapethuglicans and Degenerats are minorities! Far out, man! And both sects are looking for converts to their political "faith"! Groovy!

Since most people don't know me I don't care for any of that. And I'm not interested in wanting to get to know them either, short of the last 15 years until 2005 when I was active in such nonsense. I don't need followers. Don't care for 'em. Oh, shame on me for not having any guilt over that! ;-)

Until that day when the Republican leaders of the party stand up and state that pro-lifers are insane and need to lose their superstitious sexual hangups to the point that they see women as sentient human beings rather that unclean objects or property to be done with in whatever way like pieces of meat I'll keep referring to the party as "Rapethuglicans". When the Democratic leaders grow a spine, rise from their knees, and stop playing nice as a compromise just for the sake of "making friends" I'll stop referring to them as "Degenerats".

Is it just me or are video games based in poly-ticks just dumb?

--Bekki

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#280244 - 03/23/12 11:38 PM

> Stop there. You've just tried to insult half of about half the country...
>
> 25%
>
> ...by calling them thugs and rapists, with nothing at all to back that up.
>
> I'm so sorry that I hurt your feelings

Nope. If I vote for a Republican, it's because I think he's slightly more likely than the Democrat to do what I think should be done. My problem was with the empty insults that substitute for actual reasoning.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

#280344 - 03/24/12 09:11 PM

no...im actually in favor of whatever a woman decides she wants to do with her own body.sometimes tough decisions have to be made.would you force woman to give birth to a child that was conceived though rape? nobody has a right to tell anyone what to do or not to do with their own bodies.

that is all I was saying

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 11622