Pages: 1

atsumori
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Game-Specific Audio/Video Settings
#279685 - 03/20/12 04:52 AM

Hello,

Is there a way to assign game specific audio and video settings? The audio volume varies a lot by game so, if possible, I'd like to assign the MAME master audio volume by game (through a CFG or whatever).

I'd also like to set HLSL per game as there are a few games my hardware can't run at full speed if I use HLSL.

Are either of these possible? I feel like it might be possible by CFG but I'm having a hard time finding documentation on what and how, aside from controllers, you can set in them.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Game-Specific Audio/Video Settings new [Re: atsumori]
#279707 - 03/20/12 06:28 AM

Yes. Easier to do it via MAMEUI or something similar. You could also possibly use an app that 'normalizes' the level...or is that only for sound files??

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

atsumori
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Re: Game-Specific Audio/Video Settings new [Re: mogli]
#279726 - 03/20/12 03:06 PM

Sweet! Thanks for the response. I'm trying to keep things to just basic command line MAME (win64), so I can't use MAMEUI in itself but you did help me find the solution.

It looks like audio and video settings can't be stored in the cfg files but you can make mame.ini files for each game. Just make a copy of mame.ini, rename it to the name of the rom and put it in the "ini" folder, and then change the .ini file as needed.

I only figured that out after picking through how MAMEUI does it, and I wouldn't have gotten there without you so thanks!

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Game-Specific Audio/Video Settings new [Re: atsumori]
#279836 - 03/21/12 08:39 AM

> Sweet! Thanks for the response. I'm trying to keep things to just basic command line
> MAME (win64), so I can't use MAMEUI in itself but you did help me find the solution.
>
> It looks like audio and video settings can't be stored in the cfg files but you can
> make mame.ini files for each game. Just make a copy of mame.ini, rename it to the
> name of the rom and put it in the "ini" folder, and then change the .ini file as
> needed.
>
> I only figured that out after picking through how MAMEUI does it, and I wouldn't have
> gotten there without you so thanks!

Well, you're welcome, but you could've used MAMEUI and then got rid of it.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1373