MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Samurai Fox
Reged: 03/10/12
Send PM

Music locking up in Sonic Wings 2?
#278726 - 03/10/12 03:29 AM Attachment: fox_sonicwi2.zip 93 KB (1 downloads)

Hello, new user here. I have some concerns about the current state of Neo Geo emulation running Sonic Wings 2. It seems that on random occasions (although not every time), the music locks up and hangs for the duration of the emulation. This also prevents any more sound effects from being played. I'm not sure what causes this to happen.

Did this happen on a real AES/MVS? I have an .inp here from using the latest MAME build (without the use of NVRAM), using the default bios setting (which should be Europe). In my replay, the bug happens at the beginning of the 2nd boss fight.

If this is indeed an emulation bug, I'll submit it to MAME Testers right away.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Music locking up in Sonic Wings 2? new [Re: Samurai Fox]
#278765 - 03/10/12 06:11 PM

> Hello, new user here. I have some concerns about the current state of Neo Geo
> emulation running Sonic Wings 2. It seems that on random occasions (although not
> every time), the music locks up and hangs for the duration of the emulation. This
> also prevents any more sound effects from being played. I'm not sure what causes this
> to happen.
>
> Did this happen on a real AES/MVS? I have an .inp here from using the latest MAME
> build (without the use of NVRAM), using the default bios setting (which should be
> Europe). In my replay, the bug happens at the beginning of the 2nd boss fight.
>
> If this is indeed an emulation bug, I'll submit it to MAME Testers right away.
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies.

Played back and can confirm from your .inp that the music does indeed freeze up/stop (Using 0.145). Feel free to post this to MT.

Samurai Fox
Reged: 03/10/12
Send PM

Re: Music locking up in Sonic Wings 2? new [Re: Tafoid]
#278890 - 03/11/12 05:55 PM

Thanks for confirming!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 584 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1128