View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Ham Sandwich
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/28/12
Send PM

MAME .145
#277677 - 02/28/12 05:55 PM

I recently downloaded MAME .145 and Im having problems with the install. The only files that are being displayed are artwork, docs, hash, hlsl, src. There is no file for roms etc... I am not able to start the program either. I curently have .144 installed. Do I create a ROM folder and also how do I start the program. I know that Im missing a simple step but the help would be appreciated. Thank you.

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

Re: MAME 1.45 new [Re: Ham Sandwich]
#277682 - 02/28/12 07:08 PM

> I recently downloaded MAME 1.45 and Im having problems with the install. The only
> files that are being displayed are artwork, docs, hash, hlsl, src. There is no file
> for roms etc... I am not able to start the program either. I curently have 1.44
> installed. Do I create a ROM folder and also how do I start the program. I know that
> Im missing a simple step but the help would be appreciated. Thank you.

create a folder named roms/ in the same folder as the program and put in the folder the files you find here

http://mamedev.org/roms/

then double click on the executable and you're done

EDIT: oh, and btw it's 0.145 not 1.45

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#277692 - 02/28/12 07:53 PM

> I recently downloaded MAME 1.45 and Im having problems with the install. The only
> files that are being displayed are artwork, docs, hash, hlsl, src. There is no file
> for roms etc... I am not able to start the program either. I curently have 1.44
> installed. Do I create a ROM folder and also how do I start the program. I know that
> Im missing a simple step but the help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Did you download the source code release instead of the binary files?

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Ham Sandwich
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME .145 new [Re: etabeta]
#277699 - 02/28/12 08:43 PM

"create a folder named roms/ in the same folder as the program and put in the folder
the files you find here

http://mamedev.org/roms/

then double click on the executable and you're done

EDIT: oh, and btw it's 0.145 not 1.45"

Thank you very much for the responses! I created a rom folder and put some zip files in it. But where is the executable file located. In .144 the mame.exe is easy to locate. I can not locate the mame.exe in .145. Is the executable in the src file or something? Thanks again for the help.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#277702 - 02/28/12 08:52 PM

> Thank you very much for the responses! I created a rom folder and put some zip files
> in it. But where is the executable file located. In .144 the mame.exe is easy to
> locate. I can not locate the mame.exe in .145. Is the executable in the src file or
> something? Thanks again for the help.

It looks like you downloaded the source files for compiling your own build.

mame0145s.exe and mame0145s.zip are the source code files, notice the "s" at the end of version number. You need the one ending with "b", "b_i686" or "b_64bit", those packages don't contain a "src" folder.

Ham Sandwich
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME .145 new [Re: BIOS-D]
#277755 - 02/29/12 04:43 AM

" It looks like you downloaded the source files for compiling your own build.

mame0145s.exe and mame0145s.zip are the source code files, notice the "s" at the end
of version number. You need the one ending with "b", "b_i686" or "b_64bit", those
packages don't contain a "src" folder. "

Thank you very much for the response! That was it. I was downloading the source code instead of the right package. After downloading the extension you listed above the program worked fine. Other thoughts: yep Im that dude who doesnt fully read the Title before downloading. Thanks again for the help!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 346 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4617