View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Michael MacDonald fight stick
#277330 - 02/26/12 07:59 PM Attachment: Michael McDonald.jpg 57 KB (1 downloads)

http://kotaku.com/5886641/the-very-last-face-id-expect-to-see-on-a-custom-joystick

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Michael MacDonald fight stick new [Re: Sune]
#277334 - 02/26/12 08:06 PM

It does have soul!

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Michael MacDonald fight stick new [Re: redk9258]
#277341 - 02/26/12 08:28 PM

> It does have soul!

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

Re: Michael MacDonald fight stick new [Re: Sune]
#277346 - 02/26/12 08:39 PM

The first concert I ever went to was The Doobie Brothers in 1980. Great show. Quite a learning experience too. I didn't know so many people did drugs in public right in the open.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

#277381 - 02/26/12 11:31 PM

Michael McDonald has been around as a session musician. He not only cut some decent sides with his own solo work and with the Doobies but also did some great work with Steely Dan. I liked his layered vocals within Dan tracks such as "Peg" and "Rose Darling".

He's an awesome dude, as any major dude would tell you. ;-)

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

Re: Michael MacDonald fight stick new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#277403 - 02/27/12 01:16 AM

I love Steely Dan. I think that was the first CD I bought when I got my player in 1986. Anybody ever wonder why their recordings done 35 years ago sound way better than most shit recorded today?

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

#277436 - 02/27/12 04:46 AM

Quote:

"I love Steely Dan."

I was transitioning from CompactCassettes to CD. Interestingly enough I used the newly-installed Mitsumi double-speeed CD-ROM drive as my CD player with a decent pair of 80W speakers. One of the first discs I got was "A Decade Of Steely Dan".

Very tight bass. Beautiful stuff. I cried while I wrote this post. Sue me if it offends the host.

That was bad, wasn't it? ;-)

That was around '92 or '93 when "double-speed" was the next big thing in CD-ROM. My actual first CD-ROM title was the "Walkthroughs & Flybys" CD. Ahh, retro demoscene and Autodesk animated stuff! :-)

In 2005 I finally plunked down my Jacksons and groked the "Citizen Steely Dan" box set. Later on I snapped up "Two Against Nature" and "Everything Must Go". But that wasn't enough. I also snagged Fagen & Becker's solo and pre-Dan work as well.

And I can't fathom listening to the radio. Dan never gets old. My fave album is "The Royal Scam" with "Aja" as a very tight second. But it's all good (except those crummy old demos, of course).

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Michael MacDonald fight stick new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#277446 - 02/27/12 05:31 AM

> "I love Steely Dan."
>
> I was transitioning from CompactCassettes to CD. Interestingly enough I used the
> newly-installed Mitsumi double-speeed CD-ROM drive as my CD player with a decent pair
> of 80W speakers. One of the first discs I got was "A Decade Of Steely Dan".
>
> Very tight bass. Beautiful stuff. I cried while I wrote this post. Sue me if it
> offends the host.
>
> That was bad, wasn't it? ;-)
>
> That was around '92 or '93 when "double-speed" was the next big thing in CD-ROM. My
> actual first CD-ROM title was the "Walkthroughs & Flybys" CD. Ahh, retro demoscene
> and Autodesk animated stuff! :-)
>
> In 2005 I finally plunked down my Jacksons and groked the "Citizen Steely Dan" box
> set. Later on I snapped up "Two Against Nature" and "Everything Must Go". But that
> wasn't enough. I also snagged Fagen & Becker's solo and pre-Dan work as well.
>
> And I can't fathom listening to the radio. Dan never gets old. My fave album is "The
> Royal Scam" with "Aja" as a very tight second. But it's all good (except those crummy
> old demos, of course).

I understand that I am absolutely in the minority on this, but Steely Dan has never done anything for me. And, I mean, I'm generally into the classic rock genre, it's not like I'm a hip hop fan or into Norwegian death metal or something like that. I can't say that I actively dislike them, but everyone bangs on and on about how fantastic Steely Dan is, and I really just don't hear it.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Michael MacDonald fight stick new [Re: DMala]
#277447 - 02/27/12 05:39 AM

> I understand that I am absolutely in the minority on this, but Steely Dan has never
> done anything for me. And, I mean, I'm generally into the classic rock genre, it's
> not like I'm a hip hop fan or into Norwegian death metal or something like that. I
> can't say that I actively dislike them, but everyone bangs on and on about how
> fantastic Steely Dan is, and I really just don't hear it.

You're not in the minority. There's three adults in my house that feel exactly the same way as you.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Michael MacDonald fight stick new [Re: krick]
#277448 - 02/27/12 05:45 AM

Quote:

"You're not in the minority. There's three adults in my house that feel exactly the same way as you."

Don't get me wrong or think I'm not an adult because I'm a DanFan. I can also get heavier when I need to. Though I doubt that Mr. McDonald would be able to pull off the vocals for "War Ensemble". LOL!

Or a Mastodon album perhaps?

--Bekki

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Michael MacDonald fight stick new [Re: DMala]
#277459 - 02/27/12 06:52 AM

I'm with you.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
3 registered and 336 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2263