MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Congo Bongo request
#275317 - 02/06/12 08:24 AM

Would it be feasible to have the option to select between emulated sounds, and samples, until this gets fixed?

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Congo Bongo request new [Re: mogli]
#275453 - 02/07/12 09:54 PM

Can we do the same thing with Donkey Kong?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#275474 - 02/07/12 11:19 PM

> Would it be feasible to have the option to select between emulated sounds, and
> samples, until this gets fixed?

The error is with using samples, not any discrete emulation - so we can't "choose" another method since samples is all there is currently.
http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=798

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Congo Bongo request new [Re: ]
#275475 - 02/07/12 11:22 PM

> Can we do the same thing with Donkey Kong?

Seems like something an alternate build author could do easily enough. MisfitMAME, for instance, was using samples for Donkey Kong and other early Nintendo games that used discrete (mario, dkongjr) almost up until the last release.

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Area 51 Nevada
Send PM

#275530 - 02/08/12 08:37 AM

> Would it be feasible to have the option to select between emulated sounds, and
> samples, until this gets fixed?

Tafoid is correct. I was the one who provided the samples from a board set I repaired a few years ago. I also worked with Aaron Giles to correct the emulated frequency of one of the SN76496 sound chips which is now thankfully 100% accurate. The zaxxon.c re-write did break the samples shortly afterwards. I think Aaron did the best he could in order to keep the samples stable with the other games within the driver. I can only imagine the complexity of it knowing that Aaron tried but still could not get all of the samples to play nice with each other. What it needs is a miracle from a worthy discrete sound coder.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 235 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1779