MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

This whole Mega Download Bust thing is really cramping my television watching style.
#275304 - 02/06/12 06:10 AM

Not having cable, and relying on the net for my television needs... I had no idea EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN STREAMING VIDEO SITE IN THE WHOL EOF THE INTERNET used that one place, megadownload, for all its content.

All that's left is 2 minute clips on youtube and teasers on sites like Cartoon Network.

Why hasn't the likes of Cartoon Network realized the business model of megadownlaod is lucrative as HELL, and copied it... legally... since they own the copyrighted material? I don't want to watch 2 minutes of the episode... I want to see the whole damn thing.

Thanks netflix, for having SOMETHING to watch, even if it's a crappy selection.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: This whole Mega Download Bust thing is really cramping my television watching style. new [Re: GatKong]
#275306 - 02/06/12 06:18 AM

> Not having cable, and relying on the net for my television needs... I had no idea
> EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN STREAMING VIDEO SITE IN THE WHOL EOF THE INTERNET used that one
> place, megadownload, for all its content.
>
> All that's left is 2 minute clips on youtube and teasers on sites like Cartoon
> Network.
>
> Why hasn't the likes of Cartoon Network realized the business model of megadownlaod
> is lucrative as HELL, and copied it... legally... since they own the copyrighted
> material? I don't want to watch 2 minutes of the episode... I want to see the whole
> damn thing.
>
> Thanks netflix, for having SOMETHING to watch, even if it's a crappy selection.

Sabnzbd + sickbeard

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: This whole Mega Download Bust thing is really cramping my television watching style. new [Re: GatKong]
#275315 - 02/06/12 08:06 AM

> Not having cable, and relying on the net for my television needs... I had no idea
> EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN STREAMING VIDEO SITE IN THE WHOL EOF THE INTERNET used that one
> place, megadownload, for all its content.
>
> All that's left is 2 minute clips on youtube and teasers on sites like Cartoon
> Network.
>
> Why hasn't the likes of Cartoon Network realized the business model of megadownlaod
> is lucrative as HELL, and copied it... legally... since they own the copyrighted
> material? I don't want to watch 2 minutes of the episode... I want to see the whole
> damn thing.
>
> Thanks netflix, for having SOMETHING to watch, even if it's a crappy selection.

Some channels/networks do host their own content, or at least use something that's still up. ABC seems to be fine. SYFY is showing full episodes, though the player is overlaying a spinning arrow the whole time for me. Pretty sure Hulu is still up and running with whatever they've got.
All of them have ads, and most block blockers.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: This whole Mega Download Bust thing is really cramping my television watching style. new [Re: Gor]
#275375 - 02/06/12 11:44 PM

> > Not having cable, and relying on the net for my television needs... I had no idea
> > EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN STREAMING VIDEO SITE IN THE WHOL EOF THE INTERNET used that
> one
> > place, megadownload, for all its content.
> >
> > All that's left is 2 minute clips on youtube and teasers on sites like Cartoon
> > Network.
> >
> > Why hasn't the likes of Cartoon Network realized the business model of megadownlaod
> > is lucrative as HELL, and copied it... legally... since they own the copyrighted
> > material? I don't want to watch 2 minutes of the episode... I want to see the whole
> > damn thing.
> >
> > Thanks netflix, for having SOMETHING to watch, even if it's a crappy selection.
>
> Sabnzbd + sickbeard

+1 for Sickbeard and Sabnzbd+

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

#275380 - 02/07/12 12:19 AM

The thing that gets me is they seem to pander to toddlers. I used to watch it on Saturday mornings and then they put crap on that makes Teletubbies look watchable.

I've always been mad at them since they pulled Code Lyoko when it was getting interesting and there's no Code Lyoko (season 2 - 4) season DVDs out there.

At least Batman the Brave and the Bold are out in Season 1 and 2 DVD sets, part 1 and 2.

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

#275381 - 02/07/12 12:48 AM

In addition to streaming NetFlix, I use the EZTV.IT torrent for regular tv shows including BBC shows like Doctor Who

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#275382 - 02/07/12 12:50 AM

I didn't use it for anything and I watch shows all the time. Try Netflix, hulu, nbc.com, Crackle, torrents and whatever else was suggested in this thread. 2 minute clips is retarded. Check out Workaholics on Netflix, it's hilarious.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

And now BTjunkie?! new [Re: GatKong]
#275386 - 02/07/12 01:26 AM

http://torrentfreak.com/btjunkie-alternatives-120206/

Damn, the dominos fall fast.

Now to wait for the next alternative to sprout up.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: And now BTjunkie?! new [Re: Hizzout]
#275389 - 02/07/12 02:02 AM

> http://torrentfreak.com/btjunkie-alternatives-120206/
>
> Damn, the dominos fall fast.
>
> Now to wait for the next alternative to sprout up.

oof

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: This whole Mega Download Bust thing is really cramping my television watching style. new [Re: dfrance]
#275425 - 02/07/12 02:53 PM

> > Not having cable, and relying on the net for my television needs... I had no idea
>
>
> In addition to streaming NetFlix, I use the EZTV.IT torrent for regular tv shows
> including BBC shows like Doctor Who

EZTV gets my vote too. I use it for the regular US tv shows I watch rather than waiting for years for them to arrive in the UK only to find they are on Sky tv.

There is no sin except stupidity.

Hizzout
Send PM

The next wave of filesharing is already coming soon new [Re: Hizzout]
#275545 - 02/08/12 05:41 PM

Tribler Makes BitTorrent Impossible to Shut Down

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Put nothing past them new [Re: Hizzout]
#275547 - 02/08/12 05:54 PM

Quote:

“The only way to take it down is to take the Internet down,” the lead researcher says.

...and your government wants such power.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: The next wave of filesharing is already coming soon new [Re: Hizzout]
#275551 - 02/08/12 07:35 PM

> Tribler Makes BitTorrent Impossible to Shut Down

Impossible to shut down? Maybe. Thats awesome. Doesn't really do much to prevent tracking though...

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: The next wave of filesharing is already coming soon new [Re: italie]
#275560 - 02/08/12 08:03 PM

My question is, isn't this pretty much what Napster used to do? Direct peer to peer sharing?

I think when you searched for a file, the results came from a central database, but the connection to get the file was a direct connection to the peer.

At any rate, IRC still works great...have been using it since my AOL days as a teenager.

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Reged: 01/03/08
Send PM

#275562 - 02/08/12 08:39 PM

All the government will do once all the recording companies have bought them out will do is pass the policing to the ISP, and then sue them because they aren't doing what the law requires.

I read the article, and I thought how neat it would be to see movies the day it opens on some form of streaming media instead of going to a theater. Same goes for music. I think it would be really neat!

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#275585 - 02/09/12 01:23 AM

Tribbler sounds like the eMule client except that it's using the bittorrent network.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1804