MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Deciding to go full attic on the garage was a GREAT move in hindsight...
#275234 - 02/05/12 09:45 PM Attachment: 2012-02-02_21-07-51_984.jpg 1392 KB (1 downloads)

Well worth the additional $800 as opposed to prefab low rake trusses.

540 sq ft of garage, 540 sq ft of attic.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Deciding to go full attic on the garage was a GREAT move in hindsight... new [Re: italie]
#275240 - 02/05/12 10:41 PM

How much for one of the smaller arcade monitors?

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Deciding to go full attic on the garage was a GREAT move in hindsight... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#275273 - 02/06/12 01:43 AM

> How much for one of the smaller arcade monitors?

13",19" or 27"? Come pick one of them up or pay shipping.

Unknown condition on all of them up there except the 13", those I know work.

I can try and test a few of the larger ones, but we'd be looking at 2-3 weeks handling time knowing me.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Deciding to go full attic on the garage was a GREAT move in hindsight... new [Re: italie]
#275274 - 02/06/12 01:48 AM

It would be at least that long before I buy one, but I want to get one on hold. I'm thinking 13" to be the cheapest price and cheapest shipping costs. I'm thinking about building a countertop Jamma setup with one of those monitors and a control panel set up for vertical shooters 1 player only, as small and light as I can make it while still being durable.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

#275276 - 02/06/12 02:14 AM

> > How much for one of the smaller arcade monitors?
>
> 13",19" or 27"? Come pick one of them up or pay shipping.
>
> Unknown condition on all of them up there except the 13", those I know work.
>
> I can try and test a few of the larger ones, but we'd be looking at 2-3 weeks
> handling time knowing me.

Those are tempting, esp. since I wouldn't have to worry about shipping since I live in your area. But then I would need a full cabinet to go with it and a dedicated computer with an appropriate video card. I do have an old Hotrod control panel though...

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Deciding to go full attic on the garage was a GREAT move in hindsight... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#275280 - 02/06/12 03:12 AM

> It would be at least that long before I buy one, but I want to get one on hold. I'm
> thinking 13" to be the cheapest price and cheapest shipping costs. I'm thinking about
> building a countertop Jamma setup with one of those monitors and a control panel set
> up for vertical shooters 1 player only, as small and light as I can make it while
> still being durable.

You are more than welcome to it, I think I have three of the 13" and two of them do nothing but take up space. I'm thinking of doing the same, but was going to put a 10-15" touchscreen LCD in it just to save on space.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Deciding to go full attic on the garage was a GREAT move in hindsight... new [Re: Qun Mang]
#275281 - 02/06/12 03:14 AM

> > > How much for one of the smaller arcade monitors?
> >
> > 13",19" or 27"? Come pick one of them up or pay shipping.
> >
> > Unknown condition on all of them up there except the 13", those I know work.
> >
> > I can try and test a few of the larger ones, but we'd be looking at 2-3 weeks
> > handling time knowing me.
>
> Those are tempting, esp. since I wouldn't have to worry about shipping since I live
> in your area. But then I would need a full cabinet to go with it and a dedicated
> computer with an appropriate video card. I do have an old Hotrod control panel
> though...

Should have jumped on the one or two times I've posted about free cabinets in the past...

I'll know the next time who to give a shout out to. If you need a monitor, I'm willing to share.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#275282 - 02/06/12 03:17 AM

Awesome, thanks.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#275314 - 02/06/12 08:04 AM

> Well worth the additional $800 as opposed to prefab low rake trusses.
>
> 540 sq ft of garage, 540 sq ft of attic.

And what a great place to store the coloring books!

j/k, I wish I had that kind of storage space. The crawlspace above my condo is effectively useless.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Deciding to go full attic on the garage was a GREAT move in hindsight... new [Re: DMala]
#275316 - 02/06/12 08:09 AM

> And what a great place to store the coloring books!

I'm finding more and more creative ways to get things done with a 3 year old in tow...

>
> j/k, I wish I had that kind of storage space. The crawlspace above my condo is
> effectively useless.

As was the entirety of my house storage-wise. I feel your pain.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

#275383 - 02/07/12 12:53 AM

> > Those are tempting, esp. since I wouldn't have to worry about shipping since I live
> > in your area. But then I would need a full cabinet to go with it and a dedicated
> > computer with an appropriate video card. I do have an old Hotrod control panel
> > though...
>
> Should have jumped on the one or two times I've posted about free cabinets in the
> past...
>
> I'll know the next time who to give a shout out to. If you need a monitor, I'm
> willing to share.

I'm not sure why I passed on the offers, but I can say I am kind of glad I did thanks to 4.5 feet of waste water in the basement last summer. That is certainly where the cabinet would have gone, only to be sent to the curb among the rest of the stuff that was down there. Now I know I will need to find room elsewhere whenever I do obtain one.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Deciding to go full attic on the garage was a GREAT move in hindsight... new [Re: Qun Mang]
#275399 - 02/07/12 04:36 AM Attachment: SAM_0730.JPG 1917 KB (1 downloads)

> > > Those are tempting, esp. since I wouldn't have to worry about shipping since I
> live
> > > in your area. But then I would need a full cabinet to go with it and a dedicated
> > > computer with an appropriate video card. I do have an old Hotrod control panel
> > > though...
> >
> > Should have jumped on the one or two times I've posted about free cabinets in the
> > past...
> >
> > I'll know the next time who to give a shout out to. If you need a monitor, I'm
> > willing to share.
>
> I'm not sure why I passed on the offers, but I can say I am kind of glad I did thanks
> to 4.5 feet of waste water in the basement last summer. That is certainly where the
> cabinet would have gone, only to be sent to the curb among the rest of the stuff that
> was down there. Now I know I will need to find room elsewhere whenever I do obtain
> one.

Preaching to the choir on that one brother. I can sympathize...

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#275415 - 02/07/12 07:15 AM Attachment: 14162466.jpg 81 KB (1 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1364