OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet
#273811 - 01/23/12 08:57 AM

I've looked over this list of arcade games that are not emulated in MAME yet:

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/

I've read people saying how there's still some nice gems out there that are still not emulated in MAME. So I'd like to hear some of your opinions on what are some of your favorite arcade games (or gems) that are not emulated in MAME yet. Please don't list any relatively new arcade games.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Boong-ga Boong-ga -nt- new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#273814 - 01/23/12 09:36 AM

> I've looked over this list of arcade games that are not emulated in MAME yet:

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Boong-ga Boong-ga new [Re: Matty_]
#273820 - 01/23/12 12:33 PM

Also:

• Don Bear Near
  • Rhinoceros Bar Command
  • Rhinoceros Berth Lead Lead
  • Underground King

kevenz
Reged: 04/25/11
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#273829 - 01/23/12 02:52 PM

I'm interested in Hang-Zo, a beat em ups with ninja by Data East, looks interesting...

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

#273837 - 01/23/12 05:20 PM

I was going to blurt out LOCK-ON but holy cow, it's fully working now! I feel smart.

I'm gonna be busy later playing that... But if I were so bold to go on...

Marble Madness 2 - yeah, it's probably ready to go if only the roms were to be dumped. This will never happen. And I'm not flying out to San Diego just to play it at CAX. Nothing can be done, just a sad situation that may never change. I hope the idiot owner has backed up the roms, at least.

Air Combat (not working) - No port exists, the PSX game that has this name is not the arcade game. I may be building an upright from gathered parts, long term project.

Daioh (working) - Audio imperfection during gameplay, a sound effect keeps repeating that should not be there. (I used to own the machine years ago, loved it)

Every new release of mame brings a glint of hope.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#273838 - 01/23/12 05:25 PM

> I've looked over this list of arcade games that are not emulated in MAME yet:
>
> http://unmamed.mameworld.info/
>
> I've read people saying how there's still some nice gems out there that are still not
> emulated in MAME. So I'd like to hear some of your opinions on what are some of your
> favorite arcade games (or gems) that are not emulated in MAME yet. Please don't list
> any relatively new arcade games.

Of games I've actually played, I have three left:

Star Rider - I used to play this at Bally's Great Escape in Lakewood, CA all the time. I put a ton of quarters in this one back then. I was very sad the day I walked in and it was gone.

Vertigo - Played this at the same arcade, in the full-motion cabinet. Sadly, all that I can remember is that it was a cool shooting game, and I loved how the cabinet moved around. It was only there for a short time.

Marble Madness 2 - I've played this a bunch at California Extreme. A lot of people rag on it 'cause of the joysticks, but I happen to enjoy it.

I'd also like to see Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in MAME at some point, to use the artwork with it.

Off those I've never played, I'd like to see TX-1 v.8, Bouncer, the undumped kits for DK and DK Jr., and Japan version of Punch-Out. And Armadillo Racing; definitely Armadillo Racing.

And just to add more recent games (which I'm more than happy to wait for)... I'd like like to see Mario Kart Arcade GP and GP II, F-Zero AX, Afterburner Climax, Outrun 2 and 2 SP, and the new version of Sea Wolf (this one is awesome).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: Mr. Do]
#273840 - 01/23/12 05:40 PM

>Star Rider - I used to play this at Bally's Great Escape in Lakewood, CA all the time. I put a ton of quarters in this one back then. I was very sad the day I walked in and it was gone.

X2 on that one. I remember being facinated by the game. I would love to see progress on all the LD games. I think it's the last branch of nostalgia left.

Bouncer looks interesting...I doubt it will ever found.

Plus some of the old discrete stuff would turn me on...Stunt Cycle, Death Race etc.
Although they will never be emulated...ever.

Daveyuk
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/06/11
Send PM

#273841 - 01/23/12 06:10 PM

There are only 2 i long for now.

Angler Dangler was featured in Starcade Tis on deco cassete and roms i believe.

And

Mole Hunt Hunter, both by data east. 80`s at its heart.

One day

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

#273854 - 01/23/12 09:33 PM

> Star Rider - I used to play this at Bally's Great Escape in Lakewood, CA all the
> time. I put a ton of quarters in this one back then. I was very sad the day I walked
> in and it was gone.

Funny you should mention that machine and that location - I only ever went there a couple of times for other kids' birthday parties, but very distinctly remember the location and playing Star Rider there. Reason it sticks in my head so much is that the only other place I ever saw the game was at Pinball Plus on Magnolia in Burbank, which was my local arcade. Funny to think that we probably played the exact same machine at around the same time.

I'll just add 'enhanced laserdisc support' for the wishlist. I love laser games, even if some of them haven't stood the test of time very well - they were incredible for their time, and some are still fun.

> Marble Madness 2 - I've played this a bunch at California Extreme. A lot of people
> rag on it 'cause of the joysticks, but I happen to enjoy it.

I know we've both played the same machine for this one, because that's also where I played it back in 2000 It should definitely make it in at some point if for no reason other than preservation and documentation.

> Bouncer

Definitely.

For the rest of the wishlist:

Ms. Pac-Man Twin. How the tweaked gameplay changes the feel of the game is something I'd really like to see for myself.

Ms. Gorf. I know there are efforts underway to preserve whatever may be out there of it, but seeing what had been being considered for it in development is something I've been very curious about.

All of the Dinamic games. I remember playing After The War in one of Dublin's seedier arcades.

Whatever may exist for Atari's Battlestar Galactica laserdisc game. It was planned as a conversion for Firefox, and video was produced for it. Not sure if any actual game code was ever written or still survives, though.

Prototypes and unreleased games of all varieties, especially from the '70s and '80s. Basically, go through the UnMAMEd list and start ticking off boxes

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

#273855 - 01/23/12 09:41 PM

Raiden II & Raiden DX, at least I have the Playstation versions.

Wizard of Wor Voice support.

Some Naomi / Dreamcast games pre 2005, I'm unsure of the specific ones I have of my Dreamcast that aren't supported yet.

stephh
Happy Bonze
Reged: 07/23/06
Send PM

#273877 - 01/24/12 02:11 AM

Here is my short list :

. "Kozoutai Gaccho" (Irem [prototype], 87)
. "Ms. Pac-Man Twin" (Susilu, 93)
. "Purple Magic" (Unico, 96)

Of course, I'm still expecting decaping of some Taito C-Chips, and mainly the one for "Bonze Adventure" to have a perfect emulation (instead of bogus simulation) ...

Steph from The Ultimate Patchers

CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

#273881 - 01/24/12 02:38 AM

My wishes:

• Mad Dancing (Human, 92);
  • X2222 (Oriental Soft, 2000?);
  • Bash (Oriental Soft, 2000?);
  • Dark Chamber (Rainbow Games [Pluto HW], 89?)
  • Aaargh! (Mastertronic/Arcadia, 88)

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

#273904 - 01/24/12 08:18 AM

It'd be good to see Apache 3 working properly. That was my first cabinet way back when and it's sad that it seems no progress has been made in the last 10 years or more. I know it's not unemulated but it's not exactly working.

Seeing NWK-TR hardware get a bit further would be good too. I see some progress was made a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

OT: Speaking of Marble Madness new [Re: Mr. Do]
#273927 - 01/24/12 04:20 PM

> Marble Madness 2 - I've played this a bunch at California Extreme. A lot of people
> rag on it 'cause of the joysticks, but I happen to enjoy it.

Speaking of Marble Madness: I've played MM1 in MAME on an IBM ThinkPad with Trackpoint. I really thought the Trackpoint nub worked wonderfully for this game. Truly an elegant solution and IMHO better than the trackballs of the day... Wonder if it can be played with 360-deg analog joysticks.

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Nobody's brought up a title that I'm sure everyone is thinking about. new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#273944 - 01/24/12 06:34 PM

It's a Crazy precursor to a blockbuster.

You know of whom I speak.

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

DK and DK jnr? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#273946 - 01/24/12 06:46 PM

> the undumped kits for
> DK and DK Jr.,

What are these kits you are referring to?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: DK and DK jnr? new [Re: jcroach]
#273948 - 01/24/12 07:04 PM

> > the undumped kits for
> > DK and DK Jr.,
>
> What are these kits you are referring to?

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_other80.html#DonkeyKong

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_other80.html#DonkeyKongJr

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Send PM

Polybius! -nt- new [Re: GatKong]
#273949 - 01/24/12 07:12 PM

> It's a Crazy precursor to a blockbuster.
>
> You know of whom I speak.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Nobody's brought up a title that I'm sure everyone is thinking about. new [Re: GatKong]
#273951 - 01/24/12 08:25 PM Attachment: Game Informer Article - Crazy Otto.zip 2197 KB (10 downloads)

>

This Otto be a good hint...

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

Re: DK and DK jnr? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#273952 - 01/24/12 08:30 PM

> > > the undumped kits for
> > > DK and DK Jr.,
> >
> > What are these kits you are referring to?
>
> http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_other80.html#DonkeyKong
>
> http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_other80.html#DonkeyKongJr

Gotcha. Never heard of those. I can't imagine either of those games playing faster! They're hard enough as it is!

AeroCityMayor
Entity formerly known as alien_mame
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Wakefield, West Yorks, UK.
Send PM

Re: Nobody's brought up a title that I'm sure everyone is thinking about. new [Re: Mr. Do]
#273955 - 01/24/12 09:59 PM

> > It's a Crazy precursor to a blockbuster.
> >
> > You know of whom I speak.
>
> This Otto be a good hint...

Coherance of posts inversely proportional to Foster's consumption!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: casm]
#273956 - 01/24/12 10:17 PM

Quote:

> > Star Rider - I used to play this at Bally's Great Escape in Lakewood, CA all the
> > time. I put a ton of quarters in this one back then. I was very sad the day I
> walked
> > in and it was gone.
>
> Funny you should mention that machine and that location - I only ever went there a
> couple of times for other kids' birthday parties, but very distinctly remember the
> location and playing Star Rider there. Reason it sticks in my head so much is that
> the only other place I ever saw the game was at Pinball Plus on Magnolia in Burbank,
> which was my local arcade. Funny to think that we probably played the exact same
> machine at around the same time.
>
> I'll just add 'enhanced laserdisc support' for the wishlist. I love laser games, even
> if some of them haven't stood the test of time very well - they were incredible for
> their time, and some are still fun.
>
> > Marble Madness 2 - I've played this a bunch at California Extreme. A lot of people
> > rag on it 'cause of the joysticks, but I happen to enjoy it.
>
> I know we've both played the same machine for this one, because that's also where I
> played it back in 2000 It should definitely make it in at some point if for no reason
> other than preservation and documentation.
>
> > Bouncer
>
> Definitely.
>
> For the rest of the wishlist:
>
> Ms. Pac-Man Twin. How the tweaked gameplay changes the feel of the game is something
> I'd really like to see for myself.
>
> Ms. Gorf. I know there are efforts underway to preserve whatever may be out there of
> it, but seeing what had been being considered for it in development is something I've
> been very curious about.
>
> All of the Dinamic games. I remember playing After The War in one of Dublin's seedier
> arcades.
>
> Whatever may exist for Atari's Battlestar Galactica laserdisc game. It was planned as
> a conversion for Firefox, and video was produced for it. Not sure if any actual game
> code was ever written or still survives, though.
>
> Prototypes and unreleased games of all varieties, especially from the '70s and '80s.
> Basically, go through the UnMAMEd list and start ticking off boxes

What year was that? The only arcade that had anything worth playing was the Electronic Corral in Lakewood Mall CA. I remember they had two prototype Dragon's Lairs in there, but no star rider, the only other arcade in Lakewood was the Timeout (I think it was a Timeout) across from the movie house that had a DL. I'm talking early 1980s.

While we are reminiscing, ever went to the Sega Centers in Downey, Cerritos, Westminster and Old Towne Mall? Or how about the underground arcade at Redondo Beach near the marina? With 12 Star Wars uprights and 7 Dragon's Lairs?

Those was the days....

Gems to rescue and stuff to fix in Mame:

Time Gal
Freedom Fighter
The ALG Games
Attack of the Zolgear
Galaxian 3 (is this still being dumped?)
Sound in Space Tactics
Sound in Starfire (dunno about this one)
Pengo (colors)

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Pengo (colors) new [Re: ]
#273957 - 01/24/12 10:24 PM

> Pengo (colors)

This is news to me. Have any actual PCB recording or otherwise to prove MAME is not displaying colors correctly?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: ]
#273958 - 01/24/12 10:27 PM

> What year was that? The only arcade that had anything worth playing was the
> Electronic Corral in Lakewood Mall CA. I remember they had two prototype Dragon's
> Lairs in there, but no star rider, the only other arcade in Lakewood was the Timeout
> (I think it was a Timeout) across from the movie house that had a DL. I'm talking
> early 1980s.

Yup... 1980s. The one across from the theater was the Bally's Great Escape. Next to the Round Table. It's a SuperMex now.

> While we are reminiscing, ever went to the Sega Centers in Downey, Cerritos,
> Westminster and Old Towne Mall? Or how about the underground arcade at Redondo Beach
> near the marina? With 12 Star Wars uprights and 7 Dragon's Lairs?

Went to the one in Cerritos, but not that much. Redondo Beach arcade is still there; just not as many games. Still has some old classics there, though (even a working Pong).

drewcifer
One bad Mutha-(shut yo' mouth!)
Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Sweden
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: yaggy]
#273959 - 01/24/12 10:28 PM

> Marble Madness 2 - yeah, it's probably ready to go if only the roms were to be
> dumped. This will never happen. And I'm not flying out to San Diego just to play it
> at CAX. Nothing can be done, just a sad situation that may never change. I hope the
> idiot owner has backed up the roms, at least.

The owner is quite non-idiotic, actually, having dumped the ROMs himself and insured they are correct dumps. It's in no danger of being lost. He's just not releasing them to anyone because of a deal he made with a friend. This is, of course, his prerogative, and may change someday.

Andrew

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Pengo (colors) new [Re: Tafoid]
#273962 - 01/24/12 10:50 PM

I had the board to it but it went in the skip with a bunch of other arcade items I lose sleep over just thinking about.

Transatlantic moves and arcade collection do not work together.

I'll have to load Mame up and look again. I'm sure they are not right. I've played that game solid for many years. I sure it wasn't a bootleg I had.

casm
Cinematronics > *
Send PM

#273973 - 01/25/12 01:00 AM

> What year was that?

If I had to guess, I'd say 1984 or 1985. Like I said, I only ever got to go to that one a couple of times; it was a good hike from where we lived in the San Fernando Valley.

> While we are reminiscing, ever went to the Sega Centers in Downey, Cerritos,
> Westminster and Old Towne Mall?

Not those ones - but I did go to the one at the Sherman Oaks Galleria quite a few times when we were there to see movies; IIRC, it was pretty close to the cinema. Stuff they had that sticks out in my mind: Star Wars cockpits (2), Krull (in fact, nearly all Q*Bert-hardware Gottlieb titles were there), Astron Belt and Galaxy Ranger, Subroc 3-D. I think that arcade (possibly from before it was a Sega Centre) was visible in one of the mall scenes in 'Fast Times At Ridgemont High'.

> Or how about the underground arcade at Redondo Beach
> near the marina? With 12 Star Wars uprights and 7 Dragon's Lairs?

Don't recall that one, but I was never much for the beach. I do remember Starcade at Disneyland going from one level on the ground floor to two with the escalator inside between them right after Tron came out, though. Played a fair bit of Cinematronics' Space War there.

One more for the 'must be saved' list: bootlegs, especially the ones hacked to run on other-than-original hardware which gives them weird side effects. Anything in the Crazy Kong on Scramble hardware league, essentially.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Re: Nobody's brought up a title that I'm sure everyone is thinking about. new [Re: GatKong]
#273980 - 01/25/12 02:39 AM

Still waiting on that little gem myself and the one I brought up most recently.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Wild Gunman <nt> new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#273986 - 01/25/12 03:19 AM

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

#273989 - 01/25/12 03:42 AM

Keyboardmania would be top of my list, always wanted to have some sort of "guitar hero but for keyboards" that I can play on my PC (with my real MIDI keyboard)

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

#273992 - 01/25/12 04:11 AM

More votes for Star Rider.

I'm also happy to see I am not the only one craving sound in Star Fire.

It would be great to see Hydro Thunder and Arctic Thunder running in Mame.

No doubt we enjoy excellent recreations on the PC and Hydro Thunder Hurricane on the xbox360, however I believe there are some things lost in translation to the PC, and Dreamcast.
The drive image at 300mb is roughly double the PC game version.

Arctic Thunder: the xbox 1 version was considered inferior to the arcade.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#274012 - 01/25/12 06:02 AM

>

What's so special about Crazy Otto? It's just another Pac-Man.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Wild Gunman <nt> new [Re: italie]
#274024 - 01/25/12 07:38 AM

I kinda want to play this now too, at least once, since hearing about it so much over the years...

- Stiletto

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Nobody's brought up a title that I'm sure everyone is thinking about. new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#274032 - 01/25/12 08:30 AM

> > It's a Crazy precursor to a blockbuster.
> >
> > You know of whom I speak.
>
> What's so special about Crazy Otto? It's just another Pac-Man.

I agree with Gor, please change your name to NewBatchGamer.

You are correct in that underneath Crazy Otto is the basic game mechanics of Ms. Pac-Man and very close to the same graphics, but there are differences and those difference make it incredibly rare.

That, and - in case you misunderstand - unlike any other Pac-Man graphics modification - Crazy Otto is the predecessor and prototype of Ms. Pac-Man and therefore of inestimable historical value to the video game historians who call this forum their home.

- Stiletto

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Nobody's brought up a title that I'm sure everyone is thinking about. new [Re: Stiletto]
#274048 - 01/25/12 12:43 PM

> Crazy Otto is the predecessor and prototype of Ms. Pac-Man and
> therefore of inestimable historical value to the video game historians who call this
> forum their home.
>
> - Stiletto

And Pac-Man is the real predecessor to them all. I agree that emulating Crazy Otto is important due to the historical value and since it's a rare prototype. But that isn't a game that I can't wait to play, since the gameplay is just like a Pac-Man type game. There are already so many types of pac-man-ish games out there. On the other hand, my original question was about games that you'd like to see get emulated in MAME, and not games that you'd like to play... so I agree with you in that perspective as well.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

m2 new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#274049 - 01/25/12 12:47 PM

The game that I'd most like to see get emulated in MAME, is hands down, Marble Man (Marble Madness 2.) And by the way, there is now TWO Marble Man arcade games at the show and one of them DOES have a TRACKBALL instead of a joystick. So next time one of you guys go to the show, you will beable to play Marble Man WITH A TRACKBALL!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: casm]
#274050 - 01/25/12 12:56 PM

Quote:

Don't recall that one, but I was never much for the beach. I do remember Starcade at Disneyland going from one level on the ground floor to two with the escalator inside between them right after Tron came out, though. Played a fair bit of Cinematronics' Space War there.

Yes I remember that. My Dad had a thing about Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm so we HAD to go to them every Sunday. So instead of hitting the rides when the park opened I hit the arcades. I got to know the arcade staff pretty well, they would credit me up on certain games.

Starcade with the 5 Trons in the corner near the shop with all that cool neon facia. That lame People Mover experience with the light cycles.

Buena Park Mall had one of the best arcades all blacklight and neon (and cramped). Golf'N'nStuff in Norwalk was another favorite, as was Bobo's arcade in Downey.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Send PM

Re: Boong-ga Boong-ga new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#274059 - 01/25/12 07:12 PM

> Also:
>
>
> Don Bear Near
> Rhinoceros Bar Command
> Rhinoceros Berth Lead Lead
> Underground King

Kellogg's vs. Capcom too?

Diet Go Go Fan
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/06
Send PM

#274060 - 01/25/12 07:12 PM

I really like puzzle games, so this is my top 50. My number one most wanted game has been appearing once per year - 2011 was "Ribbon Step One", actually a revision of it, 2012 was "Toyland Adventure", and by December 2013, my most wanted game will just be three years old. You can tell from my name what it is.

Title deleted - too new
Winner Line - Suna
Pipe Line - Suna
Jigsaw Paradise - I Max
Purple Magic - Unico
Topo Family
Pair Pair Wars - Sunsoft
Poosho Poosho - F2 System
Jumping Pams - Semicom
World Adventure - F2 System
Propose - Deniam
Elfin - DGPix
Magic Master
Galum Pa - CPS2
Minesweeper - Sharp Travel
Macheonryu - Semicom
Power Action - Yun Sung
Jongbou 2 - SNK
Rety & Bluemi - Semicom
Title deleted - too new
Fun Fun Bros
Baby Dream - Afega
Title deleted - too new
Tango Tango - Suna
Cross Point - Dooyong
Snow Pop - Dooyong
Goori Goori - Unico
Puzzle Land - Afega
Horotoru Bomber
New Cross Pang - F2 System
The Big Joke - Greyhound
Frantic Fred - Game Room
La Pinata - LAI
Happy Hunter - Limenko
Cutey Fatty
Hell Out - Comad
Glass - Promat
Pump It - Promat
Battalion - Namco
Witch Way - Artic
Wonder Hole - Irem
Honey Pit - Taito
Dinosaurs
Double Break
Paradise 2 - Yun Sung
Linky Pipe - Eolith
Sadari 2
Mystic Wand
Sunshine - ADK
Pyramids

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: m2 new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#274061 - 01/25/12 07:16 PM

> The game that I'd most like to see get emulated in MAME, is hands down, Marble Man
> (Marble Madness 2.) And by the way, there is now TWO Marble Man arcade games at the
> show and one of them DOES have a TRACKBALL instead of a joystick. So next time one of
> you guys go to the show, you will be able to play Marble Man WITH A TRACKBALL!

Whaaaat?

Please post link.

I was just at CAEX this past year, and they still have the one machine.

What news did we miss?

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: Nobody's brought up a title that I'm sure everyone is thinking about. new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#274062 - 01/25/12 07:20 PM

i know its not truly the original,but the one on misfitMAME is good enough for me,when I need a Crazy Otto fix

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

#274063 - 01/25/12 07:39 PM

Come on !
We all want this game :

... OK ... Now serious :
Demon Front
Oriental Legend 2
and as someone mentioned ... ...Raiden 2 ! (Really, what happened with one year old improvement/update of Angelo & Olivier with Raiden 2/ DX ?)

Quantum Leaper
OCRer and Monkey Typist for Galaxy Game
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Orion spiral arm of the Milky Way
Send PM

#274073 - 01/25/12 10:04 PM

> Star Rider - I used to play this at Bally's Great Escape in Lakewood, CA all the
> time. I put a ton of quarters in this one back then. I was very sad the day I walked
> in and it was gone.
>
I would like to add my vote for Star Rider also, I loved the game and I could go though all the tracks on one credit. I even won a vinyl record of Electric Dreams from a contest at Aladdin's Castle.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: Quantum Leaper]
#274074 - 01/25/12 10:06 PM

/me googles star rider and watches videos on youtube

Hell yes this would be fun as hell to play

drewcifer
One bad Mutha-(shut yo' mouth!)
Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Sweden
Send PM

Re: m2 new [Re: Mr. Do]
#274081 - 01/26/12 12:21 AM

> Whaaaat?
>
> Please post link.
>
> I was just at CAX this past year, and they still have the one machine.
>
> What news did we miss?

I missed last year, but have made it the four prior years. I don't recall seeing a trackball MM2 cab at any of those shows...

Andrew

Sacrilego
Reged: 09/10/05
Send PM

Re: Boong-ga Boong-ga -Obtained new [Re: Matty_]
#274084 - 01/26/12 12:49 AM

Looks like your wish to play this will happen sooner than you thought.

Dumping Union just secured it.

Edited by Sacrilego (01/26/12 12:50 AM)

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Re: m2 new [Re: drewcifer]
#274095 - 01/26/12 02:40 AM

> > Whaaaat?
> >
> > Please post link.
> >
> > I was just at CAX this past year, and they still have the one machine.
> >
> > What news did we miss?
>
> I missed last year, but have made it the four prior years. I don't recall seeing a
> trackball MM2 cab at any of those shows...

OldSchoolGamer must have found Scott's image archive.
http://www.safestuff.com/marbleman.htm

I don't remember what the deal was with this, but I seem to recall it was not working or missing ROMs or something.

- Stiletto

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: m2 new [Re: Stiletto]
#274126 - 01/26/12 06:46 AM

yep, that was the website. So it appears that it is very likely that the next show will have the cabinet with the trackball. If not the next show, then sometime in the near future.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: m2 new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#274137 - 01/26/12 08:20 AM

> yep, that was the website. So it appears that it is very likely that the next show
> will have the cabinet with the trackball. If not the next show, then sometime in the
> near future.

Sadly, no. The version of the PCB that Scott has is the joystick version. Somewhere, there is a PCB that uses trackball input, as that is the one that was created first, but Scott doesn't have it.

He has the artwork for the trackball version, and even though the pictures shows the game in a cabinet with trackballs, they aren't hooked up. Those pics are 10 years old.

So "if" one of the other ex-Atari employees were to lend out the trackball version, then it would be possible. Or, if the ROMS were released, it might be possible to do it up in MAME.

BIG IF, though. It's gonna be a loooong time before that happens.

BTW... just for the record, a number of the Atari prototypes that are in MAME are thanks to Scott (Military Battlezone, Arcade Classics to name two).

But... I did find this interesting tidbit that I hadn't seen before...

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#274178 - 01/27/12 01:04 AM

>
> What's so special about Crazy Otto? It's just another Pac-Man.

No. It's THE Ms.Pacman.The Real .the Original.....Bootleg of all Bootlegs.

anoid
Lurker
Reged: 12/05/03
Send PM

Artwork needed new [Re: Sacrilego]
#274182 - 01/27/12 01:39 AM

I assume that Mr.DO will need the artwork.

A-Noid

casm
Cinematronics > *
Send PM

#274202 - 01/27/12 04:50 AM

> Don't recall that one, but I was never much for the beach. I do remember Starcade at
> Disneyland going from one level on the ground floor to two with the escalator inside
> between them right after Tron came out, though. Played a fair bit of Cinematronics'
> Space War there.
>
>
> Yes I remember that. My Dad had a thing about Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm so we
> HAD to go to them every Sunday.

Same here, pretty much - had a relative who was a Disney employee, so we were there ridiculously often. Somewhere I still have a few unused ticket books laying around from before they stopped the 'n-Ticket Attraction' system. Knotts was cool, but somehow I always liked Movieland Wax Museum better, even if it didn't have rides.

> Starcade with the 5 Trons in the corner near the shop with all that cool neon facia.

Hah, I remember both of those. When we were kids, my friends and I would queue up for Space Mountain, then take turns holding the other guy's place in line while he went off and played something in Starcade. People hated us for doing that, especially once the queue made it inside the building

> That lame People Mover experience with the light cycles.

Nah, I always liked that - it was somewhere I could sit down, chill out, and kill time watching cool graphics while waiting for ride queues to die down. Much better than the Rocket Cars that replaced them.

> Buena Park Mall had one of the best arcades all blacklight and neon (and cramped).
> Golf'N'nStuff in Norwalk was another favorite, as was Bobo's arcade in Downey.

I think I went to Golf 'N' Stuff once - did they also have go-karts? Could be confusing it with somewhere else.

Brian Deuel
Old Man
Reged: 01/09/04
Send PM

Re: m2 new [Re: Mr. Do]
#274721 - 02/01/12 09:06 PM

> But... I did find this interesting tidbit that I hadn't seen before...

I might actually be arsed to fly out to CA due to that one.

The MC2 docs on Scott's site are an interesting read as well...

Brian Deuel
Old Man
Send PM

#274722 - 02/01/12 09:07 PM

Space Cyclone, and the myriad of Nichibutsu "Moon" games are on my Most Desired list...

Brian Deuel
Old Man
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: Daveyuk]
#274723 - 02/01/12 09:09 PM

> There are only 2 i long for now.
>
> Angler Dangler was featured in Starcade Tis on deco cassete and roms i believe.
>
> And
>
> Mole Hunt Hunter, both by data east. 80`s at its heart.
>
> One day

Stern's Journey was featured on Starcade as well. I'm very curious about that one as I've need seen one in the wild, in collector's hands, or... anywhere else, for that matter...

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: Wild Gunman <nt> new [Re: italie]
#274737 - 02/02/12 12:25 AM

this game rocks. not as entertaining without the gun to shoot at the screen though.

BdR
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/10/12
Send PM

#286745 - 05/17/12 04:00 PM

Gamshara by Mitchell Corp. (2002)

I'm a big fan of Blood Bros, so I would really like to see this game playable in MAME. It's been added years ago but unfortunately it's still marked as "NOT WORKING"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWabv1O-YGU

BadMouth
Arcade Racing Fan
Reged: 06/13/11
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: CTOJAH]
#286753 - 05/17/12 05:22 PM

> ... OK ... Now serious :
> Demon Front

Haze WIP

whatsnew_0145u5

(Haven't tested it personally yet)

kevenz
Reged: 04/25/11
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: BdR]
#286756 - 05/17/12 05:25 PM

I really want to play Gamshara too... looks pretty badass and better than Bloodbros or Wild Guns.

unfortunately every games on the namco system 10 hardware don't work... Point Blank 3, Star Trigon, Mr Driller 2 and G.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

#286844 - 05/18/12 02:18 AM

>

Of *which* you speak.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: BadMouth]
#286866 - 05/18/12 09:46 AM

The comment you replied to was posted MONTHS ago. Ah, the dangers of thread necromancy!

SlenderMaster
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/03/14
Loc: Kiribati
Send PM

Re: Great Arcade Games Not Emulated In MAME Yet new [Re: CTOJAH]
#331445 - 09/08/14 02:15 PM

> Come on !
> We all want this game :
>
> ... OK ... Now serious :
> Demon Front
> Oriental Legend 2
> and as someone mentioned ... ...Raiden 2 ! (Really, what happened with one year old
> improvement/update of Angelo & Olivier with Raiden 2/ DX ?)

Miss World 2002?
Wow thanks for the info!
A nother game we wish to have.
Gals Panic II need to be fixed already.
And all New Zero Team versions.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Re: DEADLY SPORT new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#331447 - 09/08/14 03:03 PM

DEADLY SPORT - Sammy 93 - prototype

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=6404&image=1

SlenderMaster
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/03/14
Loc: Kiribati
Send PM

Re: DEADLY SPORT new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#331516 - 09/09/14 02:59 PM

> DEADLY SPORT - Sammy 93 - prototype
>
> http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=6404&image=1

Wow!

Update: New Zero Team, Raiden II and Raiden DX is now playable in the next mame, the New Zero Team still have a few problems as well Seibu Cup Soccer, because belongs to the Seibu games Familly Drive.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 263 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 11168