MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Reged: 01/03/08
Send PM

Any LG Voyager experts in here?
#272662 - 01/10/12 09:17 PM

So my wife says that her phone doesn't work anymore. She can't charge it. Upon further investigation, I find that the USB header from the phone has completely ripped out of the LG Voyager.

With no charged battery, I have no way to get her contact information off of the phone.

Anyone have a hack/or a screwdriver?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Any LG Voyager experts in here? new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#272692 - 01/11/12 04:45 AM

Get someone else with the same phone to charge her battery?

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Send PM

R.I.P. new [Re: redk9258]
#272736 - 01/11/12 11:42 PM

Yup. A coworker actually had one, charged the battery and it didn't work. Two batteries charged from a different phone wouldn't power the thing up. So I got midevil on it's ass. I ripped the back cover off, took the charger and cut open the wires from it, and "hotwired" the charger right to the battery contacts on the phone (which is two out of the four). The phone powered up (WE ARE SAVED!) and then started spewing out messages about getting a "genuine" battery (WE ARE F**KED!).

Sorry Honey, the phone has gone to The Great Beyond and took all of it's information with it. At least I could keep the USB header that fell off as a trophy. Maybe I'll mount the damn thing (in a hunter killing it's pray kind of way)

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#272742 - 01/12/12 01:02 AM

What if you hotwired it with the battery in. What the hell kind of shit is that with the genuine battery anyway >:-(

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. new [Re: redk9258]
#272757 - 01/12/12 05:09 AM

Tried that. There has to be some component of the battery that "enables" the genuine battery thingy.

I KNOW!!! There are all kinds of youtube videos out there that the poster showed that a phone considered bad. Took the exact same battery, put in an older phone it worked fine and didn't puke all over it.

Yes, that PISSES ME OFF!!!

My wife is over it, too. Might have something to do with the possibility of buying an iPhone... Oye!

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#272762 - 01/12/12 06:07 AM

> Tried that. There has to be some component of the battery that "enables" the genuine
> battery thingy.
>
> I KNOW!!! There are all kinds of youtube videos out there that the poster showed that
> a phone considered bad. Took the exact same battery, put in an older phone it worked
> fine and didn't puke all over it.
>
> Yes, that PISSES ME OFF!!!
>
> My wife is over it, too. Might have something to do with the possibility of buying an
> iPhone... Oye!

Sounds like the power management chip blew. Happens fairly often.

If you are on AT&T and don't go with the iPhone, I can highly recommend the Atrix 2. LOVE this farking phone. I have yet to find a task it won't perform, and do so in a timely manner. It even handled an old AS3 site with embedded animated gifs and stream calls that I threw at it today...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1079