Women know your place!
#272332 - 01/06/12 05:05 PM

There is no sin except stupidity.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Women know your place! new [Re: DR]
#272345 - 01/06/12 08:11 PM Attachment: All I hear when talking people talk about religion. - Imgur.png 32 KB (2 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#272346 - 01/06/12 08:14 PM

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

I think that's my new favorite quote... <nt> new [Re: aavada]
#272349 - 01/06/12 09:53 PM

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

#272476 - 01/08/12 08:50 PM

While I'm a Christian, I don't believe women should stay home and be barefoot and pregnant, however I think "women's lib" has actually hurt women quite a bit.

I wouldn't want a person to be married to someone s/he doesn't love, but thanks to the sexual revolution, men have gotten to walk away from their responsibilities as fathers.

More and more women are becoming pregnant outside of marriage, or even married, and the man responsible is either able to completely walk away, or simply pay some child support, and that isn't what being a man, let alone a father is about.

Too often out society portrays manhood as men who use as many women as possible as nothing other than sexual toys. Too many men use women to sexually please themselves and then leave the women when they either find a better one or have "knocked her up."

I wonder how working and raising a child on one's own is being empowered? or killing the unborn child while its legal is any better? I'd say women have it worse in the sense that they receive all the consequences of promiscuous sex and no matter what decision they make in an unplanned pregnancy, they face the consequences and the burdens.

Its *too* easy for a guy to screw a woman and fork over a check thinking that's all he has to do. Its harder to help raise a child, to be there for a child, and to watch a child grow up and to take responsibility for the child. I challenge any man in this forum with children to argue differently.

I don't think women should be barefoot and pregnant. I like working with women and think highly of them in business. Some of my best professors in college were women.

I just think in this promiscuous age where having as much sex as possible is the norm, women often forget that they bear more of a burden of the consequences of sex than men ever had or will bear.

I challenge any women who has been pregnant or anyone who has a family to say differently.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Women know your place! new [Re: greybeard]
#272478 - 01/08/12 09:11 PM

OK, I smell a troll, but I'll bite...

How, exactly, does equality for women cause/enable/empower/encourage men to be douchebags?

Also...

Quote:

I like working with women and think highly of them in business. Some of my best professors in college were women.

I'm not racist. I watch Oprah and I voted for Obama.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Women know your place! new [Re: krick]
#272481 - 01/08/12 10:02 PM

No trolling, but in making premarital sex "ok", in the fact 1 out of 2 marriages end in divorce, the "acceptance" of alternative lifestyles, promiscuity, and other "liberation" the world has suffered.

Women may think being able to be promiscuous, have male and female sexual partners, and to have abortion on demand and sex outside of marriage has "liberated" them, but I say its caused a lot of women to become single parents in poverty, stressed out, and that they aren't better off.

I'm not for making homosexuality illegal, or stopping women from having abortions, or stopping them from working, or saying they should stay home and make babies. I'm saying what some women call "freedom" really is freedom for men to use and dispose of them.

I don't have issues with women working, that was what I meant by saying I like working with them. I don't like seeing them used as sexual playthings and discarded either.

I think "sexual" freedom has hurt society as a whole. I don't care to see that freedom removed, particularly be a government I find as immoral as those they try to rule, but I wish people thought more of the consequences of the decisions they make.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#272488 - 01/09/12 12:44 AM

Quote:

I'm saying what some women call "freedom" really is freedom for men to use and dispose of them.

If women do not like it, they can keep their legs crossed.

The church thinks women are dirty. Most girls I know are dirty minded. Go figure.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Women know your place! new [Re: krick]
#272637 - 01/10/12 03:28 PM

>
> I voted for Obama.

I hope you can sleep at night.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

#272712 - 01/11/12 03:47 PM

> While I'm a Christian, I don't believe women should stay home and be barefoot and
> pregnant, however I think "women's lib" has actually hurt women quite a bit.
>
> I wouldn't want a person to be married to someone s/he doesn't love, but thanks to
> the sexual revolution, men have gotten to walk away from their responsibilities as
> fathers.
>
> More and more women are becoming pregnant outside of marriage, or even married, and
> the man responsible is either able to completely walk away, or simply pay some child
> support, and that isn't what being a man, let alone a father is about.
>
> Too often out society portrays manhood as men who use as many women as possible as
> nothing other than sexual toys. Too many men use women to sexually please themselves
> and then leave the women when they either find a better one or have "knocked her up."
>
> I wonder how working and raising a child on one's own is being empowered? or killing
> the unborn child while its legal is any better? I'd say women have it worse in the
> sense that they receive all the consequences of promiscuous sex and no matter what
> decision they make in an unplanned pregnancy, they face the consequences and the
> burdens.
>
> Its *too* easy for a guy to screw a woman and fork over a check thinking that's all
> he has to do. Its harder to help raise a child, to be there for a child, and to watch
> a child grow up and to take responsibility for the child. I challenge any man in this
> forum with children to argue differently.
>
> I don't think women should be barefoot and pregnant. I like working with women and
> think highly of them in business. Some of my best professors in college were women.
>
> I just think in this promiscuous age where having as much sex as possible is the
> norm, women often forget that they bear more of a burden of the consequences of sex
> than men ever had or will bear.
>
> I challenge any women who has been pregnant or anyone who has a family to say
> differently.

Bearing in mind the demographics of Atheism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism us heathens over here in Europe are doing OK compared to the USA. http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications/419?task=view

Not perfect but then again we are only human. Organised religions obsession with other peoples sex lives is bloody wierd if you ask me. As a father I'm more concerened about violence in society than peoples sexual tendancies.

Thats enough from me I didnt post the pic for a debate it just made me laugh.

There is no sin except stupidity.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

#272713 - 01/11/12 05:10 PM

Frankly I have -0- no interest in others sexuality or who they're banging, and I doubt I'm alone. I'm just pointing out that there are consequences to promiscuity, and that women suffer for the "so called" liberation they have, they can choose to do whatever they want with their bodies, but there are consequences.

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

#272716 - 01/11/12 05:55 PM

> Frankly I have -0- no interest in others sexuality or who they're banging, and I
> doubt I'm alone. I'm just pointing out that there are consequences to promiscuity,
> and that women suffer for the "so called" liberation they have, they can choose to do
> whatever they want with their bodies, but there are consequences.

given that other women were suffering for the lack of freedom when promiscuity was not tolerated, I don't buy your argument.
in the past, maybe (and I stress maybe) men were obliged to take their responsibilities, but if they were assholes they probably were also very bad husbands and fathers, so I'm pretty sure I would not like to go back to the old days

of course, the real solution would be simply for parents to educate their children (of both sex) about responsibilities and consequences of their actions, instead of leaving them alone in front of a tv/computer screen... but to think that the answer is in trading away freedoms is a bit naive

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Women know your place! new [Re: etabeta]
#272717 - 01/11/12 06:04 PM

I'm not talking about trading any freedoms away, I'm just saying that there are consequences to decisions we make.

IMSHO women are the ones who "suffer" most with unwanted pregnancies, STDs, and other "consequences" of promiscuity.

I'm not saying they should stay in the kitchen, bake cookies, and be barefoot and pregnant. I am saying that every time they consider being "intimate" with someone, they should consider the possible consequences if things don't work out.

I think schools in particular treat children like they're animals in heat and have a defeatist attitude, that kids are going to be promiscuous, and not to really educate them about the consequences of being sexually active.

I find it odd that the same schools that declare kids are going to have sex also try to micromanage what they eat. As if you can micromanage a kids diet and simply hand the kids condoms because they're going to have sex anyways.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#272720 - 01/11/12 06:48 PM

> there are consequences to promiscuity,
> and that women suffer for the "so called" liberation they have, they can choose to do
> whatever they want with their bodies, but there are consequences.

I don't understand. Every action has consequences that we must live with, that goes without saying, it's a fact of life.

The way you are emphasizing makes it sound like you believe that most women aren't mature enough to be responsible for their own actions.

S

greybeard
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Women know your place! new [Re: Sune]
#272721 - 01/11/12 07:11 PM

I think a lot of young women are lied to by schools, the media, peer pressure, etc.

Look at TV, schools, movies, even "girl" magazines and how they portray the "ideal" teenage girl. There are some very unhealthy attitudes being "Pushed" onto teenage girls.

I think young people in general think "they" won't get AIDS/HIV, Sexually transmitted diseases, pregnant, etc.

I think a lot of people are naive that behavior has consequences.

As I said, too many schools think giving contraceptives is how to deal with teenage pregnancy. I'm NOT for abstinence only sex ed, but I am for making sure teenage girls are properly educated about the consequences of sexual behavior.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#272879 - 01/13/12 08:16 PM

> I think a lot of young women are lied to by schools, the media, peer pressure, etc.
>
> Look at TV, schools, movies, even "girl" magazines and how they portray the "ideal"
> teenage girl. There are some very unhealthy attitudes being "Pushed" onto teenage
> girls.
>
> I think young people in general think "they" won't get AIDS/HIV, Sexually transmitted
> diseases, pregnant, etc.
>
> I think a lot of people are naive that behavior has consequences.
>
> As I said, too many schools think giving contraceptives is how to deal with teenage
> pregnancy. I'm NOT for abstinence only sex ed, but I am for making sure teenage girls
> are properly educated about the consequences of sexual behavior.

You can't let everything to the church, the schools, the government or the TV. All you mention is responsibility exclusively from the parents nor the "I won't hear them" child. If parents are not capable of giving a proper sexual education to children, all is left for education and government is to control situation with contraceptives and talks parents should have done in the first place (remember many of these things are forbidden in institutions because of the same parents unable to educate at a proper time).

If you are hoping for the media to educate without you interfering and helping your child distinguish between fantasy and reality, both will be responsible for their own actions, not everyone else. Media is a box of dreams, things we're unable to do because there will be consequences. It's not everyone's fault whatever a child does for letting others do your job. In the same way, parents are not to blame for whatever fool decision a child takes after the warnings.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3107