MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Apple threatens to sue makers of uncanny Steve Jobs action figure
#272265 - 01/06/12 01:01 AM

http://www.geek.com/articles/apple/apple...figure-2012015/

Moose

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Boo hoo! new [Re: Moose]
#272275 - 01/06/12 02:26 AM

Apple doesn't own Steve Jobs, his life and his body. So Apple can't win over a toy. Doesn't matter if they stream, throw money or what ever. The owner of the dolls will not stop doing on what he is doing. It is the owner idea not Apple.

Be kind of like making a Bill Gates action doll. Microsoft can't control the person who is making the dolls.

People today need to stop crying over something that they never did.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Apple threatens to sue makers of uncanny Steve Jobs action figure new [Re: Moose]
#272277 - 01/06/12 02:44 AM

Okay, the detail on that is just creepy. I'd prefer one of these, though.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Boo hoo! new [Re: Dullaron]
#272285 - 01/06/12 03:36 AM

> Apple doesn't own Steve Jobs, his life and his body. So Apple can't win over a toy.
> Doesn't matter if they stream, throw money or what ever. The owner of the dolls will
> not stop doing on what he is doing. It is the owner idea not Apple.
>
> Be kind of like making a Bill Gates action doll. Microsoft can't control the person
> who is making the dolls.
>
> People today need to stop crying over something that they never did.

It's actually an interesting case. Actors most definitely do have a copyright on their image. That's why most cartoons and action figures of characters from live action movies are such poor likenesses. If they made the character look too much like the actor, they'd have to pay him or her royalties. I would have assumed that this copyright applied to everyone, but unless the owner of In Icons is an idiot, I guess it's a legally gray area. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 836 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1370