MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Aaron Bewza
Musician, Tattoo/Recording Artist, Programmer
Reged: 01/04/12
Loc: Cache Creek, British Columbia
Send PM

MAME people with their heads up their ass.
#272182 - 01/04/12 12:28 PM

I came here because of my respect for Mr. Do... and I still respect his work very very much. but as for the rest of this place? ... I'm never coming back to this excuse for a forum. I've been a member for maybe 15 minutes! No offense aimed at anyone who makes valuable posts, I respect information that has integrity. What pisses me off about this place is the never-ending drivel about legalities and other bullshit "oh no don't mention a coin box" and the thread gets locked because someone decides to mention one. You know what? All of you momma's boy wanna-be rockstars who think they can blast around accusations and be all "righteous" and call police on people with coin slots on their machines... can fuck right off! Hypocrites! You... playing your "personal" copyies of games in the "privacy" of your own home are breaking the law just as much as the person who charges a quarter.
I don't give a fuck if you dumped the chips from the board yourself, one you paid thousands of dollars for... the game is NOT yours to copy!
For the rest of you with no fascist attitude like that, I'm trolling for your attention:
I've built a program that patches MAME with it's matching HISCORE.DIFF automatically, and removes the "State Successfully Loaded" message boxes... and even dumps the MAME.INI with the new options automatically into your source folder. It also generates the matching HISCORE.DAT for your version... any version from 108 and up.
BUT... in the light of the sad facts I've discovered about this forum, I won't even share it here, there's too many wanna-be "copyright police" here and that really pisses me off. Virgin nerds living in your mom's basements, all of you.
ALL information should be free and open, and you bunch of hack-job nerds are making yourselves look like fascist pigs by swinging around the letter of the law. Fuck you, geek nerd fascist hypocrites!!! The rest of you, feel free to google me. The program is free and it's awesome. I know because I built it. Screw the rest of you bitches.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: Aaron Bewza]
#272184 - 01/04/12 12:43 PM

> I don't give a fuck if you dumped the chips from the board yourself, one you paid
> thousands of dollars for... the game is NOT yours to copy!

Ok, bye bye then, Idiot.

While you're gone you may want to look up the 'Fair use act' in the copyright law. If I own it, it most cetainly IS mine to copy, for my own use and NOT FOR PROFIT. The goal here is and will always be the PRESERVATION of these old games and that's what making a single copy does, just like you are entitled to make a single copy of a music CD you purchase in case the original gets damaged.

All it takes is a 5 second google to figure it out. You don't even actually have to read the copyright law.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Aaron Bewza
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: URherenow]
#272185 - 01/04/12 12:56 PM

You forgot something before you said the "Idiot" word... an "Act" is not law... look it up. You didn't have to reply to this post, you know. I'm not an idiot. I simply hate fascist assholes who throw around big legal words and say stuff they don't "really" understand. That must me you? It seemed to bother you enough that you took the time to reply really... no offense was intended to anyone who does not fall into this bracket.

EDIT: I guess the warning screen on 95% of the roms mean nothing?

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm not arguing that you can't copy them... I support that you should be able to. And everyone else, in my opinion.

Edited by Aaron Bewza (01/04/12 01:08 PM)

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

#272186 - 01/04/12 01:00 PM

You forgot that MAME is a condom.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Aaron Bewza
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: Pi]
#272189 - 01/04/12 01:09 PM

LOL

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#272191 - 01/04/12 02:20 PM

> You forgot something before you said the "Idiot" word... an "Act" is not law... look
> it up. You didn't have to reply to this post, you know. I'm not an idiot. I simply
> hate fascist assholes who throw around big legal words and say stuff they don't
> "really" understand. That must me you? It seemed to bother you enough that you took
> the time to reply really... no offense was intended to anyone who does not fall into
> this bracket.
>
> EDIT: I guess the warning screen on 95% of the roms mean nothing?
>
> ANOTHER EDIT: I'm not arguing that you can't copy them... I support that you should
> be able to. And everyone else, in my opinion.

You sound fat. Go push your google rankings up somewhere else.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#272193 - 01/04/12 02:55 PM

> Virgin nerds living in your mom's basements, all of you.

Oh, the irony coming from someone nerd raging is hilarious. :P

Look it this way. These forums while not official, they gather as many users and MAME developers than any other since mame.net closed. The purpose of avoiding what you call "hypocrisy" is more related to keeping a low profile, so as to avoid unwanted attention from law enforcers. Those are administrative and common sense rules in order to keep a clean forum, a place people can talk about MAME for whatever except lucrative reasons.

If you ever feel like stealing someone else's job and doing something against author's terms of use, you're free to do it. Simply don't talk about it here and/or brag in your own forum with your own rules. There's not need to nerd rage and give cheap insults. Maybe you feel "special" because you're a musician (which adds up to something I said about musicians to Gatinho a long ago), but you're not any different from us.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#272206 - 01/04/12 10:20 PM

Dude learn to google. The Fair use Act is an addition (or ammendment, if you will) to the copyright LAW of 1976.

Ever hear of the Digital Mellenium Copyright ACT? Another ammendment. So good golly there are a lot of people who have served jail time, gone to court, and at a minimum got fined thousands of dollars for something that isn't "Law".

So yes... I'm still calling you an IDIOT. Have a nice day

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

#272208 - 01/04/12 11:21 PM

Surgeville
Occasional Lurker
Send PM

#272212 - 01/05/12 12:19 AM

> an "Act" is not law

Just wanted to correct you on this.
You may be technically correct in one extremely small scope - an "Act" is a bill that one house has passed (although not many use this term, and most state that after both houses pass a bill it is an Act). However, how everyone uses the term (including lawyers, judges, and the statutes written), an Act is law. Usually a chapter in the code books of a group of statutes are known as an Act.

e.g., The Consumer Remedies Act, The Copyright Act, Condominium Act, etc.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#272226 - 01/05/12 06:54 AM

GROUPHUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#272229 - 01/05/12 07:14 AM

Too bad your mother indulged in Drugs during her pregnancy.

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

#272236 - 01/05/12 03:39 PM

> I came here because of my respect for Mr. Do... and I still respect his work very
> very much.

There is no sin except stupidity.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#272239 - 01/05/12 04:41 PM

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#272247 - 01/05/12 07:39 PM

Lol, ok then. TBH I couldn't care about your hack for MAME. TBH I'm not gonna google you. Why? Because of your insults to me when I have said nothing and known nothing of you. But whatever, keep your arrogant and trollish ways and piss off then

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: italie]
#272259 - 01/06/12 12:24 AM

This aaron guy sounds familiar! No it is not me...

Actually Mame isn't illegal as the software emulates hardware. I used to think as you do, but I have since found the light, and turned it off.

Quote:

Owning and distributing MAME itself is legal in most countries, as it is merely an emulator. Companies such as Sony have attempted in court to prevent emulators from being sold, but they have been ultimately unsuccessful.[14] MAME itself has thus far not been the subject of any court cases.

However, most arcade games are still covered by copyright. While it is arguably legal to transfer the data contained in ROM chips from a board you own to a personal computer, both downloading from and distributing ROMs on the Internet without permission from copyright holders is a violation of copyright laws.

Some copyright holders have been indecisive regarding making licensed arcade game ROMs available to the public. For example, in 2003 Atari made MAME-compatible ROMs for 27 of its arcade games available through the internet site Star ROMs. However, by 2006 that decision had been reversed, and the ROMs are no longer being sold there. At one point, various Capcom games were sold with the HotRod arcade joystick manufactured by Hanaho, but this arrangement was discontinued as well.

Other copyright holders have released games which are no longer commercially viable free of charge to the public. Alien Arena, Gridlee, Looping, Robby Roto, Super Tank and a number of early games by Exidy (Car Polo, Circus, Crash, Fax, Fire One, Hard Hat, Rip Cord, Robot Bowl, Side Trak, Spectar, Star Fire, Targ, Teeter Torture, Top Gunner and Victory) have been released by their copyright holders under non-commercial licenses. These games may be downloaded legally from the official MAME web site.[15] The Spanish arcade game developer Gaelco has also released World Rally for non-commercial use on their website.[16]

-Wikipedia

Mamedevs do not distribute any roms. You are therefore mistaken and should apologize on the spot. But this is the Looney Bin so anything goes....

Are you Driverman by any chance?

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: ]
#272267 - 01/06/12 01:14 AM

How about a big, fat, red FUCK IT!!

ChuckH
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

#272296 - 01/06/12 06:39 AM

http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Aaron_bewza_%28deleted_22_Jul_2008_at_14:06%29

Hmm. Deleted by Wiki. Crystal meth addict, etc.
No further explanation needed.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

I dub thee "New Orc" <nt> new [Re: redk9258]
#272298 - 01/06/12 06:55 AM

> How about a big, fat, red FUCK IT!!

You'll have to crank up the curmudgeony to 11 and include the french in there somewhere...but overall not a bad start.

Tingoes
Old game finder!
Reged: 10/03/05
Send PM

Re: Talentless fake muso with head up own ass. new [Re: Aaron Bewza]
#272321 - 01/06/12 09:08 AM

Aaron,

You are an ugly talentless junkie with bad teeth and terrible skin disease (scurvy) , who rips off guitar riffs and styles from UK band Oasis.

Example.

Aaron Bezwa - Freedom's Grace1 (Bezwa ??? 2004 or 2005???)

Copied from:

Oasis - Wonderwall. written by Noel Gallagher 1995.

Do you tell people that you write and compose your own music?

You should be charged with copyright violation yourself.

You are a talentless ex crystal meth user crack-head and hopeless musician.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: ChuckH]
#272325 - 01/06/12 12:39 PM

> http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Aaron_bewza_%28deleted_22_Jul_2008_at_14:06%29
>
> Hmm. Deleted by Wiki. Crystal meth addict, etc.
> No further explanation needed.

If that doesn't prove my point about (most) musicians being douchebags by nature, I don't know what it does. It screams "ego" all over the place. Just because someone feels smart by skipping school, "plays" an instrument (doesn't matter if it does good or bad) and feels a Don Juan by getting girlfriends from the same type of waste, that doesn't give you a right to feel all superior and tell other people what to do as if they have no idea about themselves. The problem is not the good/bad luck some musicians have, the problem is the pedantic attitude they take towards everyone else.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Talentless fake muso with head up own ass. new [Re: Tingoes]
#272334 - 01/06/12 05:26 PM

As much as I'm reluctant to give this topic any further attention by posting a reply... I have to say this.

Gathering from the video - this guy is supposed to be a Christian of some sorts? I guess we all have different levels of faith or opinions on what we (who call ourselves) "Christians" believe to be moral and/or where things can cross the line between moral and immoral.

I'll just plainly say that I believe things like Tattoos, piercings, (non-medical) body implants/augmentations, body alterations, etc. are immoral.

Not to mention the profanity he used, but even I have that problem. So don't think I'm getting all "holier than though". lol, I'm just slightly more. And I don't know why I bother having said any of this. It's not like he's going to come back and defend his stance on tattoos. But surely, it is to laugh! A tattooed Christian (one that willingly gets tattoos after their conversion). That's as bad as a priest that's a pimp on the side.

LEVEL-4

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: Talentless fake muso with head up own ass. new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#272341 - 01/06/12 07:13 PM

> Gathering from the video - this guy is supposed to be a Christian of some sorts? I
> guess we all have different levels of faith or opinions on what we (who call
> ourselves) "Christians" believe to be moral and/or where things can cross the line
> between moral and immoral.
>
> I'll just plainly say that I believe things like Tattoos, piercings, (non-medical)
> body implants/augmentations, body alterations, etc. are immoral.
>
> Not to mention the profanity he used, but even I have that problem. So don't think
> I'm getting all "holier than though". lol, I'm just slightly more. And I don't know
> why I bother having said any of this. It's not like he's going to come back and
> defend his stance on tattoos. But surely, it is to laugh! A tattooed Christian (one
> that willingly gets tattoos after their conversion). That's as bad as a priest that's
> a pimp on the side.

I have issues with profanity *and anger issues*, but IMSHO hit attitude about IP and his anger issues are bigger issues than tattoos and piercings.

While I wrestle with copyright law and emulation from a Christian standpoint, I don't think any Christian can honestly say all information / data should be free. A couple of the ten commandments would argue that point.

As I've said in several PMs though, I think you do a better job following Jesus the Christ than me, although as usual, I hope to do better this year as a Christian.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Talentless fake muso with head up own ass. new [Re: greybeard]
#272375 - 01/07/12 05:01 AM

hey, you finally posted something you lurker

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

wait... what?. new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#272394 - 01/07/12 05:40 PM

> I'll just plainly say that I believe things like Tattoos, piercings, (non-medical)
> body implants/augmentations, body alterations, etc. are immoral.

lol
you so crazy

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Send PM

Re: Talentless fake muso with head up own ass. new [Re: greybeard]
#272427 - 01/08/12 03:03 AM

As a Hetfieldian of the religion Acillatem'all, I think I have to attend more sermons this year. May the metal gods send their messengers to Melbourne again in 2012.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Talentless fake muso with head up own ass. new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#272534 - 01/09/12 06:47 AM

My belief.... Its earths final year.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/20...r-starts-today/

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

2012 new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#272558 - 01/09/12 04:58 PM

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: 2012 new [Re: Hizzout]
#272566 - 01/09/12 06:32 PM

Hippie Hater.

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/10
Loc: Brasil
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: BIOS-D]
#272596 - 01/10/12 02:09 AM

> >
> http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Aaron_bewza_%28deleted_22_Jul_2008_at_14:06%29
> >
> > Hmm. Deleted by Wiki. Crystal meth addict, etc.
> > No further explanation needed.
>
> If that doesn't prove my point about (most) musicians being douchebags by nature, I
> don't know what it does. It screams "ego" all over the place. Just because someone
> feels smart by skipping school, "plays" an instrument (doesn't matter if it does good
> or bad) and feels a Don Juan by getting girlfriends from the same type of waste, that
> doesn't give you a right to feel all superior and tell other people what to do as if
> they have no idea about themselves. The problem is not the good/bad luck some
> musicians have, the problem is the pedantic attitude they take towards everyone else.

Yes, this guy is a douchebag and his song is beyond similar to Oasis's Wonderwall. But while there may be some truth about what you say about some musicians, you shouldn't generalize like this, you are being almost as radical and unfair as he was. Not all musicians are rock stars and not all rock stars are douchebags.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: Ramirez]
#272667 - 01/10/12 11:14 PM

> Yes, this guy is a douchebag and his song is beyond similar to Oasis's Wonderwall.
> But while there may be some truth about what you say about some musicians, you
> shouldn't generalize like this, you are being almost as radical and unfair as he was.
> Not all musicians are rock stars and not all rock stars are douchebags.

Sorry about that, I was referring specifically to wanna-be rock stars. The kind of musician who only plays an instrument to attract girls or look cool but doesn't care about quality or taste in music. I see them a lot and are totally smart asses who consider any proper career (that includes musician) a waste of time. Hence they believe everyone else is wasting their time when it's quite the opposite. Usually they end up working at tattoo parlors or calling themselves programmers when they only know how to change a pair of C/C++ lines to skip unwanted warning messages.

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

#272680 - 01/11/12 02:25 AM

> > Yes, this guy is a douchebag and his song is beyond similar to Oasis's Wonderwall.
> > But while there may be some truth about what you say about some musicians, you
> > shouldn't generalize like this, you are being almost as radical and unfair as he
> was.
> > Not all musicians are rock stars and not all rock stars are douchebags.
>
> Sorry about that, I was referring specifically to wanna-be rock stars. The kind of
> musician who only plays an instrument to attract girls or look cool but doesn't care
> about quality or taste in music. I see them a lot and are totally smart asses who
> consider any proper career (that includes musician) a waste of time. Hence they
> believe everyone else is wasting their time when it's quite the opposite. Usually
> they end up working at tattoo parlors or calling themselves programmers when they
> only know how to change a pair of C/C++ lines to skip unwanted warning messages.

If they add Deathsmiles [a.k.a hentai wannabe shooter] to MAME, they're 31it3!

Don't diss 3vi1 M4M3!

NOTE: I don't have said MAME, nor know if it exists, I just sadly like the game!

I did have it and the MAME that supported it on the hard drive that got wiped. I'm debating if I want to download it if I can't retrieve it off that drive, at the moment, its not that big of a deal, I have the Gundemonium collection to keep me occupied.

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

. new [Re: greybeard]
#272701 - 01/11/12 07:23 AM

Do you think Aaron Bewza is going to respond to these posts?

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Send PM

#272790 - 01/12/12 10:26 AM

> Sorry about that, I was referring specifically to wanna-be rock stars. The kind of
> musician who only plays an instrument to attract girls or look cool but doesn't care
> about quality or taste in music.

So, pretty much everything made since 2009... You forgot the type of "musician" who don't even play an instrument, instead miming through pre-recorded tracks made by a computer, also including that gawd-awful electronic pitch jumping sometimes added to voices (their vocal chords are piano keys apparently).

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME people with their heads up their ass. new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#272807 - 01/12/12 04:11 PM

> So, pretty much everything made since 2009... You forgot the type of "musician" who
> don't even play an instrument, instead miming through pre-recorded tracks made by a
> computer, also including that gawd-awful electronic pitch jumping sometimes added to
> voices (their vocal chords are piano keys apparently).

As someone who uses trance music instead of classic to "relax" and is also a Hatsune Miku music fan*, I have no comments. Oh right, as an 80's kid I also like Chiptune. But if you're referring to mainstream music like reggaeton, Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga, I get the point.

I'll stop replying this thread for good, I don't want to enrage Hizzout.

*Hatsune Miku more than an avatar of a 16 year old girl, is a bank voice who plays like an instrument under Vocaloid v2 engine (vocal chords + piano keys software interface) by a huge base of underground anonymous musicians. Hence if there are electric/acoustic guitar, synthesizer or battery music fans; Vocaloid music fan would be a correct term.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5392