MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SM Sith Lord
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/28/11
Send PM

Source Media Arcade 2.0b Update Released
#271945 - 01/01/12 05:49 PM

Source Media Arcade is the 3D frontend I've been developing for the MAME emulator (built with the Source engine).

It now has a downloadable add-on content system built in, which lets you download and install add-ons, such as new cabinet models or emulator definitions, with a single click.

Another noteworthy feature to make it into this update is random item selection. Not quite as in-depth as how 3D Arcade does it, but still you can specify if you want a completely random item, OR a random item of a specific group, type, or emulator.

Download the mod from: http://www.smarcade.net/download.html

If you do not have a lot of experience with Source engine mods, I recommend you install with Desura.

If you just want to upgrade your 2.0 install to the current version, click here.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

So I can run MAME with it alone? new [Re: SM Sith Lord]
#271950 - 01/01/12 08:16 PM

I'm new on this.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

HowardC
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/15/04
Send PM

Re: So I can run MAME with it alone? new [Re: Dullaron]
#271964 - 01/02/12 01:39 AM

> I'm new on this.

It's a FPS that you can launch MAME games from. It requires a hi-res display and a mouse. Definately not for everyone.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Source Media Arcade 2.0b Update Released new [Re: SM Sith Lord]
#271986 - 01/02/12 08:05 AM

> Source Media Arcade is the 3D frontend I've been developing for the MAME emulator
> (built with the Source engine).
>
> It now has a downloadable add-on content system built in, which lets you download and
> install add-ons, such as new cabinet models or emulator definitions, with a single
> click.
>
> Another noteworthy feature to make it into this update is random item selection. Not
> quite as in-depth as how 3D Arcade does it, but still you can specify if you want a
> completely random item, OR a random item of a specific group, type, or emulator.
>
> Download the mod from: http://www.smarcade.net/download.html
>
> If you do not have a lot of experience with Source engine mods, I recommend you
> install with Desura.
>
> If you just want to upgrade your 2.0 install to the current version, click here.

It seems like kind of a cool idea for an interface, but does the frontend shut down once you launch something? In other words, if I'm running HLSL in MAME, is the Source engine there in the background competing for video card resources?

SM Sith Lord
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Source Media Arcade 2.0b Update Released new [Re: DMala]
#271987 - 01/02/12 08:13 AM

The frontend doesn't close, it goes idle and release most of its system resources so MAME can use them.

SM Sith Lord
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: So I can run MAME with it alone? new [Re: Dullaron]
#272014 - 01/02/12 04:10 PM

No, Source Media Arcade uses what ever version of MAME you have installed, but does not come with a MAME distribution itself.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 394 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2041