MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Any car guys around?
#270863 - 12/13/11 11:04 PM

Disclaimer...I don't know much about cars except the basics (change fluids, filters, tires, etc).

I've got a 2003 Mazda Protege 5 and my check engine light came on a few days ago. I went to my local Auto Zone for a diagnostic and it came back with 2 codes:

P0171 - System too lean

and

P0660 - Intake manifold - Tuning valve is open - Control circuit bank 1

It sounds like my car's fuel/air mixture might be off, but I don't know what I should check. I'm sure I'll have to take it to the shop anyway, but I want to be able to go in with some knowledge of what's going on so I don't get screwed. Any help is appreciated.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Any car guys around? new [Re: Hizzout]
#270867 - 12/13/11 11:26 PM

It sounds like the second code is causing the lean mixture.

My Google skillz find this...

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthrea...en-%28Bank-1%29

http://www.moccforums.com/forums/index.php?topic=26152.0

Anyway, Look for loose plugs on solenoids mounted to the intake manifold or look to see if a solenoid is melted. I've never worked on a Mazda or even heard of such a part, but if these are on pairs, maybe you could take the plugs off and use an Ohm meter to see if they have the same resistance. If one is up in the millions of Ohms or reads infinity, I'd say there is a very good chance that it is bad.

Edited by redk9258 (12/13/11 11:29 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 973