MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Warlords missing upper right castle when artwork is enabled
#270236 - 12/05/11 01:47 AM Attachment: 0001.JPG 155 KB (3 downloads)

Why is the game "Warlords" missing the upper right castle when artwork is enabled. I attached a snapshot so you can see what I mean

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Warlords missing upper right castle when artwork is enabled new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#270238 - 12/05/11 02:24 AM

> Why is the game "Warlords" missing the upper right castle when artwork is enabled. I
> attached a snapshot so you can see what I mean

I keep meaning to update the FAQ page; just haven't gotten to it yet...

Noted in the LAY file: *** WARLORDS dip switches must be set for correct cab ***

In other words, go into DIP switches, and set the cabinet type to Upright (which used a B&W monitor).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Warlords missing upper right castle when artwork is enabled new [Re: Mr. Do]
#270249 - 12/05/11 04:33 AM

Ok, it works fine now.

By the way, you probably know this already but when you change the dip switch to 'cabinet upright', Player 1 is no longer on the bottom left. Player 1 switches to the bottom right. So when I play that game, I have to play as Player 2, this way I can be on the bottom left. Maybe that should be fixed too? Because Player 1 is supposed to play on the bottom left.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Warlords missing upper right castle when artwork is enabled new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#270252 - 12/05/11 05:50 AM

> Ok, it works fine now.
>
> By the way, you probably know this already but when you change the dip switch to
> 'cabinet upright', Player 1 is no longer on the bottom left. Player 1 switches to the
> bottom right. So when I play that game, I have to play as Player 2, this way I can be
> on the bottom left. Maybe that should be fixed too? Because Player 1 is supposed to
> play on the bottom left.

Well, not necessarily, you're assuming Player 1 should be on the bottom left.

In the upright, the control panel simply shows "Left Player" and "Right Player." Same with the cocktail version; both sides say "Left" and "Right." They are marked 1-4 in the MAME driver for consistency sake.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Warlords missing upper right castle when artwork is enabled new [Re: Mr. Do]
#270308 - 12/05/11 10:20 PM

> > Ok, it works fine now.
> >
> > By the way, you probably know this already but when you change the dip switch to
> > 'cabinet upright', Player 1 is no longer on the bottom left. Player 1 switches to
> the
> > bottom right. So when I play that game, I have to play as Player 2, this way I can
> be
> > on the bottom left. Maybe that should be fixed too? Because Player 1 is supposed to
> > play on the bottom left.
>
>
> Well, not necessarily, you're assuming Player 1 should be on the bottom left.
>
> In the upright, the control panel simply shows "Left Player" and "Right Player." Same
> with the cocktail version; both sides say "Left" and "Right." They are marked 1-4 in
> the MAME driver for consistency sake.

I could have sworn that every time I ever played Warlords at an arcade room, that Player 1 was positioned in the bottom left corner

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1968