View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Comcast is nuts
#270122 - 12/03/11 04:39 AM Attachment: bill.jpg 30 KB (1 downloads)

This is what my cable bill has looked like for at least the last six months. I don't complain because the final price at the bottom is what I agreed to the last time I threatened to cancel, but could they possibly get to it in a more convoluted way? The amounts are completely random and vary month-to-month.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pr3tty F1y
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/18/05
Send PM

Re: Comcast is nuts new [Re: DMala]
#270123 - 12/03/11 05:02 AM

> This is what my cable bill has looked like for at least the last six months. I don't
> complain because the final price at the bottom is what I agreed to the last time I
> threatened to cancel, but could they possibly get to it in a more convoluted way? The
> amounts are completely random and vary month-to-month.

My parents dropped them for Verizon FiOS. They were sick of getting jerked around every month and have the internet and phone die every weekend when the local nodes were saturated. Not to mention that they "lost" my parents checks for their phone bill like 3 months in a row only to apologize and comp them retrospectively after threatening them with a collection agency.

They seem like a pretty shite operation.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#270124 - 12/03/11 05:17 AM

> This is what my cable bill has looked like for at least the last six months. I don't
> complain because the final price at the bottom is what I agreed to the last time I
> threatened to cancel, but could they possibly get to it in a more convoluted way? The
> amounts are completely random and vary month-to-month.

They probably have to add them as random coupon codes or something. Their billing sucks balls. I cancelled my Comcast in early October, just received a bill for 3 months worth of back-dues. Called to cancel service for the third time now.

/I thought I was paying an arm and a leg at $130....

//uverse FTW.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#270132 - 12/03/11 07:12 AM

> This is what my cable bill has looked like

Yeah mine is wacky too after negotiating a discount. The account shows the full amount until the end of the month when they add in all the credits.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#270133 - 12/03/11 07:23 AM

Holy shitsnacks. Is your normal bill over $200 a month!?!?

Does that come with complimentary blowjobs?

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Re: Comcast is nuts new [Re: krick]
#270143 - 12/03/11 12:44 PM

I think you get a coupon for handjobs 50% off the regular price.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Comcast is nuts new [Re: krick]
#270150 - 12/03/11 07:55 PM

> Holy shitsnacks. Is your normal bill over $200 a month!?!?

It went that high after my "introductory offers" ran out, so I called up and threatened to switch to FIOS and it went back down to $170. For what I'm getting, that's pretty much what it costs around here. I checked out RCN and FIOS and they were pretty much the same. And that's just the middle tier package. I could dial it back to just the bare minimum and save a few bucks, but I'd miss some of the goofy shows on the Hitler History Channel, Discovery, Comedy Central and whatever.

> Does that come with complimentary blowjobs?

Going by the lady at the local customer counter, I would probably decline anyway. She's nice and all but, uh, yeah... I'll pass

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

#270152 - 12/03/11 08:19 PM

Damn and I thought my 107 was too much for TW. I cut them off for that. Especially after the yearly 'the networks want to charge you more do you want us to stick it to them emails' Then they roll over anyway and I end up with 2-3 extra bucks on my bill for tiers that I wasnt even paying for... It sucked for awhile but you can buy a *LOT* of DVD for that...

You are spending nearly 2k a year for it. You can buy every season of whatever you like for that... The most I ever spent was 200 for a set and that was all the seasons of a show (12 seasons).

It usually only takes me an hour or two of watching cable tv to remind me why I got rid of it. I *like* the shows. But oh look a commercial oh and another and another. Or with tivo skip skip too far rewind ok watch ... skip skip too far watch... I swear they make one of the commercials a little bit short/long so you do that.

Now my advice sucks if you want to watch any sort of sports. If you do that then you need to suck it up and pay. As ESPN and NFL are sticking it to us...

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#270153 - 12/03/11 08:36 PM

> > Does that come with complimentary blowjobs?
>
> Going by the lady at the local customer counter, I would probably decline anyway.
> She's nice and all but, uh, yeah... I'll pass

But is the back of her head pretty? That's all that really matters.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#270156 - 12/03/11 08:42 PM

Screw the cable companies and Directv. Instead of trying to give customers the best value for the money they are only concerned with stuffing as much money in their pockets as possible. So Fuck them.

When I canceled my Directv the idiots wouldn't even take the dish off my roof. They also said they didn't need the receiver box or remotes. Talk about fucking wasteful.

They are worse then the movie studios and cell phone companies.

Now I just have internet only and usenet all the shit I wanna watch. I hardly watch TV anymore anyway.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Comcast is nuts new [Re: B2K24]
#270176 - 12/04/11 12:38 AM

> Now I just have internet only and usenet all the shit I wanna watch. I hardly watch
> TV anymore anyway.

What is this "TV" you speak of?

LEVEL-4

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Comcast is nuts new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#270177 - 12/04/11 12:40 AM

> > Now I just have internet only and usenet all the shit I wanna watch. I hardly watch
> > TV anymore anyway.
>
> What is this "TV" you speak of?

It's one of the three humankind inventions that genuinely lowers the IQ. The other two being marriage and alcoholic beverages.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Comcast is nuts new [Re: Pi]
#270179 - 12/04/11 12:44 AM

> > > Now I just have internet only and usenet all the shit I wanna watch. I hardly
> watch
> > > TV anymore anyway.
> >
> > What is this "TV" you speak of?
>
> It's one of the three humankind inventions that genuinely lowers the IQ. The other
> two being marriage and alcoholic beverages.

pffft. I'm the smartest man in the world after a few beers.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 441 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1305