MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

ClrMamePro Help
#269649 - 11/27/11 03:36 AM

I normally am a quick learner of how to use a program and can normally figure out how to work a program. But this program I can't figure out how to work and when I read some of the tutorials on it, I couldn't understand some of it due to some of the terminology used.

I am trying to use ClrMamePro to change the name of the images (cabinets, marquees, etc.) in MAMEUI32 to match the corresponding set of the game. How do I do that?

Is the .dat file I use called "mameinfo.dat"? From here: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/

Can someone tell me step by step process of what to click in ClrMamePro to fix the names of my images?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: ClrMamePro Help new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#269650 - 11/27/11 03:39 AM

Maameinfo.dat has nothing to do with CLRMAMEPRO. Try looking on the CLRMAMEPRO web page for dat files.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: ClrMamePro Help new [Re: redk9258]
#269651 - 11/27/11 03:43 AM

> Maameinfo.dat has nothing to do with CLRMAMEPRO. Try looking on the CLRMAMEPRO web
> page for dat files.

Ok, I looked at ClrMamePro's dat files and the downloads said they are for version 0.143. I am using MAMEUI 0.142u2. So where can I find the dat files for my version?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#269659 - 11/27/11 05:56 AM

FYI you don't necessarily need dat files for use with CMP. You can load any version of MAME/MESS and other supported Binaries into CMP after profile creation.

Your best bet is to upgrade your Romset to 144 and get EXTRAs from AntoPISA's site.

http://www.progettosnaps.net/snaps.html

If you wish to stay @ 0.142u2 (IMO it's stupidity, but W/E)
Then you don't need CMP you need pS_renameSET

http://www.progettosnaps.net/renset_en.html

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: ClrMamePro Help new [Re: B2K24]
#269663 - 11/27/11 07:38 AM

Ok I decided to switch to the newest MAMEUI, version 0.144. I just tried it out and the start up time has greatly improved and is just as quick as version 0.142u2.

So now that I will be using the latest version of MAMEUI 0.144, do I have to use ClrMamePro, or can I still use progetto's "renameSET.dat (0.144 rar)"? If so, do I also have to download "MAMErenSET v1.50"?

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

#269671 - 11/27/11 01:13 PM

http://mameworld.info/easyemu/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#269702 - 11/27/11 08:23 PM

> Ok I decided to switch to the newest MAMEUI, version 0.144. I just tried it out and
> the start up time has greatly improved and is just as quick as version 0.142u2.

You should try new things more often, it's not like you'll break your computer or corrupt your MAME install or something. Become more experimental, and mess around, and take time to understand... before posting your questions

> So now that I will be using the latest version of MAMEUI 0.144, do I have to use
> ClrMamePro, or can I still use progetto's "renameSET.dat (0.144 rar)"? If so, do I
> also have to download "MAMErenSET v1.50"?

I suggest learning to use ClrMAMEPro and becoming more familiar with the concepts. EasyEmu has a nice guide.

- Stiletto

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: ClrMamePro Help new [Re: Stiletto]
#269706 - 11/27/11 08:33 PM

> I suggest learning to use ClrMAMEPro and becoming more familiar with the concepts.
> EasyEmu has a nice guide.

I agree. OSG hasn't said if his EXTRAs are compressed or uncompressed, so there will be a difference in steps using CMP depending exactly what he is working with.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: ClrMamePro Help new [Re: B2K24]
#269718 - 11/27/11 10:09 PM

> > I suggest learning to use ClrMAMEPro and becoming more familiar with the concepts.
> > EasyEmu has a nice guide.
>
> I agree. OSG hasn't said if his EXTRAs are compressed or uncompressed, so there will
> be a difference in steps using CMP depending exactly what he is working with.

If EXTRAs means flyers, marquees, etc. images, then yes they are zipped. There are some loose images though that I manually added that were missing from progetto's. But all the images that came from progetto I combined and zipped them up into cabinets.zip, marquees.zip, etc. After putting those zip files into the corresponding folders, I also added loose images of cabinets, marquees, cpanels, etc. (to the corresponding folders) that I found floating around on the internet that were missing from progetto's zip images. So for example, in the cabinets folder, I have the zip file cabinets.zip and about 50 other loose cabinet images in the folder.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 377 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2392