MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

anybody here in NY area? -music related
#269262 - 11/22/11 01:47 AM

Hey fellow binners...

http://www.bearsvilletheater.com/events-calendar/planet-of-the-abts-friday-12-2-11

I'll be performing at the Bearsville Theater in Woodstock NY on Friday 12/2. If anybody near by isn't doing anything, come check me out, and say hi...

I'm opening for Planet of the Abts... Planet of the Abts is a Gov't Mule (Drummer Matt Abts and Bassist Jorgen Carlsson) solo project.

And for any Dylan fans (of which I am, as some of you know), The Bearsville Theater was envisioned by Albert Grossman (Dylan's manager throughout the 60s, as well as Todd Rundgren, Odetta, 'Peter, Paul and Mary', John Lee Hooker, Ian and Sylvia, Phil Ochs, Gordon Lightfoot, Richie Havens, The Band, the Electric Flag, Jesse Winchester, and Janis Joplin.), but wasn't opened until after he had died by his widow Sally Grossman. And he's buried out back (so says wiki)...

So I'm psyched to be playing there.

So if you're not doing anything, come by, say hello, check out some live music and the Landlord's grave...

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: anybody here in NY area? -music related new [Re: snake78]
#269267 - 11/22/11 03:01 AM

> I'll be performing at the Bearsville Theater in Woodstock NY on Friday 12/2. If
> anybody near by isn't doing anything, come check me out, and say hi...

I can't go for obvious reasons, Jupiter is too far. But I hope you have a good gig, your music is wonderful.

Binners, if you haven't heard him yet, this is your opportunity.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Send PM

Re: anybody here in NY area? -music related new [Re: Pi]
#269269 - 11/22/11 03:17 AM

thanks as always, my Jovian friend...

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#269277 - 11/22/11 06:20 AM

> Hey fellow binners...
>
> http://www.bearsvilletheater.com/events-calendar/planet-of-the-abts-friday-12-2-11
>
> I'll be performing at the Bearsville Theater in Woodstock NY on Friday 12/2. If
> anybody near by isn't doing anything, come check me out, and say hi...
>
> I'm opening for Planet of the Abts... Planet of the Abts is a Gov't Mule (Drummer
> Matt Abts and Bassist Jorgen Carlsson) solo project.
>
> And for any Dylan fans (of which I am, as some of you know), The Bearsville Theater
> was envisioned by Albert Grossman (Dylan's manager throughout the 60s, as well as
> Todd Rundgren, Odetta, 'Peter, Paul and Mary', John Lee Hooker, Ian and Sylvia, Phil
> Ochs, Gordon Lightfoot, Richie Havens, The Band, the Electric Flag, Jesse Winchester,
> and Janis Joplin.), but wasn't opened until after he had died by his widow Sally
> Grossman. And he's buried out back (so says wiki)...
>
> So I'm psyched to be playing there.
>
> So if you're not doing anything, come by, say hello, check out some live music and
> the Landlord's grave...

Bummer, if you were playing Foxborough or Salisbury, I'd totally be there. Woodstock is a bit of a hike, though. Good luck, anyway!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#269293 - 11/22/11 11:29 AM

My transportation is lacking, or I'd consider it. Seriously.

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Send PM

Re: anybody here in NY area? -music related new [Re: DMala]
#269299 - 11/22/11 02:50 PM

> Bummer, if you were playing Foxborough or Salisbury, I'd totally be there. Woodstock
> is a bit of a hike, though. Good luck, anyway!

Yeah, Foxborough is closer for me too... I'm in Blackstone at the moment... I've played there at Showcase Live twice (9/2010 with the Strawbs & 10/2009 with the Soft Parade)... Next time I'm there I'll make sure to let you guys know...

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Send PM

Re: anybody here in NY area? -music related new [Re: TriggerFin]
#269324 - 11/23/11 12:04 AM

> My transportation is lacking, or I'd consider it. Seriously.

No prob dude... I just wanted to make sure I let all you guys know...

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Send PM

Re: anybody here in NY area? -music related new [Re: Pi]
#295015 - 09/04/12 03:05 AM

I just found out my set here back in December 2011 was recorded. The taper just posted it as a torrent, if anyone's interested...

http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=73dc46d17cb53af1605a914b8fefb308d77b523e - lower bitrate FLAC (231.20 MB)

http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=e5c70861180f99e1442878fec2a6e8e843b3041b - higher bitrate FLAC (950.59 MB)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 812 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1483