MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Yay goodie! Another broken version of Minecraft is out!
#269032 - 11/19/11 04:24 AM

"The server responded with an invalid server key. Your server is worthless and will randomly not let you play while letting others on because they are luckier than you."

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Yay goodie! Another broken version of Minecraft is out! new [Re: GatKong]
#269035 - 11/19/11 05:10 AM

> "The server responded with an invalid server key. Your server is worthless and will
> randomly not let you play while letting others on because they are luckier than you."

Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. Mojang is a microscopic company with essentially no QA and lots of pressure to release cool stuff as often as possible. The developers, like all developers, are overly optimistic about the quality of their code, and so you end up with "release early, release often".

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Yay goodie! Another broken version of Minecraft is out! new [Re: DMala]
#269042 - 11/19/11 06:58 AM Attachment: Clipboard01.png 87 KB (1 downloads)

> Mojang is a microscopic company with essentially no QA

It would appear so. I am getting really, really tired of floating chunks of land and gravity defying landscapes. The last time I checked this wasn't Avatar.

I mean, my 'suspension of disbelief' only carries so far...

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Yay goodie! Another broken version of Minecraft is out! new [Re: aavada]
#269044 - 11/19/11 07:29 AM

> > Mojang is a microscopic company with essentially no QA
>
> It would appear so. I am getting really, really tired of floating chunks of land and
> gravity defying landscapes. The last time I checked this wasn't Avatar.
>
> I mean, my 'suspension of disbelief' only carries so far...

The hollowed out, cathedral-looking mountains are intentional, I'm pretty sure. It's not clear to me, though, if the floating chunks are an artifact of that or an intentional part of the landscape. I think they're kind of neat, when they're not showing up all over the place. I always wanted to find a decent-sized one and build something on top of it.

Speaking of annoying glitches, I started a new, single-player world tonight to check out stuff in 1.0, and I spawned at the top of a fairly sizable pine tree.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Yay goodie! Another broken version of Minecraft is out! new [Re: DMala]
#269046 - 11/19/11 07:59 AM

Quote:

Speaking of annoying glitches, I started a new, single-player world tonight to check out stuff in 1.0, and I spawned at the top of a fairly sizable pine tree.

Beats spawning in the middle of the ocean, drowning, then spawning on an island with no trees...

Next time you find yourself on top of a tree just dig straight down and consider it a blessing.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

There is Mincraft - Pocket Edition. new [Re: GatKong]
#269050 - 11/19/11 10:06 AM

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id479516143?mt=8

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Yay goodie! Another broken version of Minecraft is out! new [Re: GatKong]
#269087 - 11/19/11 10:22 PM

@mollstam, the twitter of the server guy:

Quote:

There is currently a small bug when joining server getting "Invalid server key", just keep trying till it works.

4 hours ago via Twitter for Mac

So that's that. They're all in Vegas right now, so they're too busy being partied at.

Notch has in the past considered fixing the floating island thing, but decided to keep it.

Work will continue after MineCon.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Yay goodie! Another broken version of Minecraft is out! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#269117 - 11/20/11 06:41 AM

Yeah, I heard about his post. Kind of a lame "fix" to say "keep trying" which never worked for our server, I simply couldn't get on. Considering this last release is supposed to be non-beta... i.e. the real deal... the "1.0" I'm surprised they didn't test it first... i.e. in the beta (translate- test version) first.

I came up with a better work around than to keep hitting "connect" thousands of times hoping to get past the bad server-key glitch by random chance... I deleted the server.preferences and when a new one was made, I set the server to "online=false". This worked since now the server doesn't compare its key version with the player's, and we have all been able to get on since I did that. The danger in doing this is a hacked-version player can join, but since the server is white-listed (you can't get on unless your on my list), I'm not worried about the hackers.

The old world we've been hoping to get back to (with your star structure and my ice castle etc) is still locked up with the experience orb lag. While players no longer drop the orbs on death, the pre-existing orbs still exist apparently, making that world still unplayable, so likely mothballed forever.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: There is Mincraft - Pocket Edition. new [Re: Dullaron]
#269250 - 11/21/11 11:15 PM

> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id479516143?mt=8

Oh God I tried out the demo of this and it is crappy version.

I rather have the PC version.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: There is Mincraft - Pocket Edition. new [Re: Dullaron]
#269266 - 11/22/11 02:46 AM

> > http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id479516143?mt=8
>
> Oh God I tried out the demo of this and it is crappy version.
>
> I rather have the PC version.

Quote:

Oh God I tried out the demo of this and it is CLASSIC version.

Fixed.

However classic is free on PC and this one not, so...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2367