MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Update: Arcana Heart Full
#267465 - 10/29/11 12:53 AM

We dumped Tormod's Arcana Heart Full board. It will be the biggest rom set in mame when it's added aside from disc rip games.

Click here: to donate to The Dumping Union.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: Smitdogg]
#267467 - 10/29/11 01:13 AM

A very nice and worthy addition.
Congrats & Thanks guys

fortuna_chan
Por que yo hablo español muy bien.
Reged: 06/01/08
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: B2K24]
#267469 - 10/29/11 01:35 AM

what is the size the rom game??

ps: great work

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: fortuna_chan]
#267470 - 10/29/11 01:46 AM

The flash rom is 1 GB and barely compresses at all.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: B2K24]
#267471 - 10/29/11 02:38 AM

> A very nice and worthy addition.
> Congrats & Thanks guys

Looks like another dime-a-dozen fighter to me...

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: Master O]
#267473 - 10/29/11 03:30 AM

Looks way better than average to me and spawned a revision by demand and several sequels.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

#267476 - 10/29/11 04:11 AM

According to Wikipedia :
In mid-April 2007, a patch was released for Arcana Heart called "Arcana Heart FULL!". The patch fixed a variety of issues, toning down overly-powerful characters and "buffing up" weaker characters. However, a controversy arose when Examu priced the patch, which was physically housed on a single custom chip, at ¥78,000 each, whereas similar patches for similar games have been released for free (such as the patch for Melty Blood: Act Cadenza).

Is this only a patch to a previous game or an actual game ?
Also, this game runs on Windows Embedded or something else ?

P.S. Arcana Heart 3 is fully playable through ArcadePC Loader (together with other dumped TaitoType X/X2 games - they all runs on PCs in Arcade Cabinets)
P.P.S. It's a shame, but this game is so pedofilish !!!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: CTOJAH]
#267477 - 10/29/11 04:19 AM

It's a different game technically but I guess people call it a patch since it's 90% the same. It would be like someone calling a Black Label Cave game a patch though. It happens to be on 1 rom chip, but the chip holds a GB of data. So it was just this tiny 2 inch daughter card with 1 flash rom on it that you swapped out to upgrade a board. Don't know about an OS.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#267478 - 10/29/11 04:25 AM

> > A very nice and worthy addition.
> > Congrats & Thanks guys
>
> Looks like another dime-a-dozen fighter to me...

Believe it or not, it belongs to a subgenre with very few titles. So far I can name:

- Variable Geo series
- Asuka 120% titles
- Touki Densho -Angel Eyes-
- Seifuku Densetsu - Pretty Fighter
- Melty Blood
- Rare fighters on japanese computers and many doujin nor hentai ones (Queen of Fighers, Strip Fighter, Ningyou Tsukai, Queen of Duellist, etc.)

I lost interest in the subgenre (you should by now figure which) a long time ago, so never tried this one. But I say for every 50 Street Fighter clones there's only one all female characters brawl. If I'm not wrong this is the third one in arcades after Touki Densho -Angel Eyes- and Melty Blood.

AnimalBear
100% MAME Fan Forever!
Reged: 04/29/10
Loc: Portugal, Porto
Send PM

#267491 - 10/29/11 02:49 PM

> The flash rom is 1 GB and barely compresses at all.

Not Scary and very happy.
Thanks for the great work guys!

t152
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/25/10
Loc: Switzerland
Send PM

#267492 - 10/29/11 03:04 PM

> We dumped Tormod's Arcana Heart Full board. It will be the biggest rom set in mame
> when it's added aside from disc rip games.
>
>
> Click here: to donate to The Dumping Union.

If there's interest in it (and not already a dump available), I would have a "Daemon Bride" for the Same Examu Platform and "Homura" (for Taito Type X) disc dump to offer which is a really nice game too.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: t152]
#267497 - 10/29/11 05:19 PM

Yeah can you send those to me privately. DB is too new to add (if it's a 2009 game) but I don't know if any of the Type-X "dumps" going around are going to end up ever being used in mame or not, and I don't even have a full listing of them. I don't know if the additives can be removed properly, if the pure dumps are kept separate from the additives. It's pretty boring hardware so I haven't looked into it. We'll take all the clean rips you have though. No telling when they will be added though.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

#267503 - 10/29/11 08:18 PM

> > A very nice and worthy addition.
> > Congrats & Thanks guys
>
> Looks like another dime-a-dozen fighter to me...

Dime a dozen?!? not Arcana Hearts,you must be thinking of aggressors of dark combat or something along those lines...

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#267504 - 10/29/11 08:23 PM

> The flash rom is 1 GB and barely compresses at all.

Wait, the flash rom is a single file?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: Foxhack]
#267506 - 10/29/11 08:38 PM

Yep. It's the only time I've seen roms that big on an arcade game other than on the multigame xxx in 1 boards.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: mesk]
#267507 - 10/29/11 08:57 PM

> > > A very nice and worthy addition.
> > > Congrats & Thanks guys
> >
> > Looks like another dime-a-dozen fighter to me...
>
> Dime a dozen?!? not Arcana Hearts,you must be thinking of aggressors of dark combat
> or something along those lines...

You could have named any KOF after 2000 till today. But NO!, you had to pick one of the few fighters with different system gameplay and out of the dime a dozen ones. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a generic one.

Actually I word it wrong before, today everything are Guilty Gear clones.

kevenz
Reged: 04/25/11
Send PM

#267552 - 10/30/11 08:25 AM

I believe it's made by the same guys as Guilty Gear..... also the same engine.

Nomax
Ryo Hazuki
Reged: 11/19/03
Loc: Belgium
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: kevenz]
#267582 - 10/31/11 01:21 AM

> I believe it's made by the same guys as Guilty Gear..... also the same engine.

No, Arcana Heart is developed by Examu (the guys who made Samurai Shodown V) while Guilty Gear was made by Arc System Works (BlazBlue series, Fist of the North Star, ...).

I don't think the engine is the same as the games look very different and are on different hardware. Technically what I regret in all Arcana Heart is that the background is not animated. :/

--------------------
NPlayers.ini - The multiplayer description file for MAME. (Linux user #448789)

kevenz
Reged: 04/25/11
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: Nomax]
#267586 - 10/31/11 03:47 AM

Thanks for the info

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#267613 - 10/31/11 06:18 PM

> Yep. It's the only time I've seen roms that big on an arcade game other than on the
> multigame xxx in 1 boards.

And as it turns out, a large chunk of the flash ROM contains MAME ROM set zips for some reason. Seriously.

mangamuscle
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/31/05
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: R. Belmont]
#267615 - 10/31/11 06:29 PM

> > Yep. It's the only time I've seen roms that big on an arcade game other than on the
> > multigame xxx in 1 boards.
>
> And as it turns out, a large chunk of the flash ROM contains MAME ROM set zips for
> some reason. Seriously.

I think I read a long time ago that some neo geo roms (from fatal fury I think) were padded to increase the size, but using mame roms to pad the rom is new. Can it made public what sets are included or are they from a different company?

TheGuru
MAMEDev Dumper
Reged: 06/13/04
Loc: Dumpville
Send PM

#267640 - 10/31/11 11:24 PM

> It's a different game technically but I guess people call it a patch since it's 90%
> the same. It would be like someone calling a Black Label Cave game a patch though. It
> happens to be on 1 rom chip, but the chip holds a GB of data. So it was just this
> tiny 2 inch daughter card with 1 flash rom on it that you swapped out to upgrade a
> board. Don't know about an OS.

There's....
Arcana Heart
version 1.5 upgrade (small plug in board replacement)
Arcana Heart Full (title says its by Atrativa or something like that)

I have all 3 here (since ~2009)

CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: CTOJAH]
#267832 - 11/03/11 12:00 AM

Quote:

P.P.S. It's a shame, but this game is so pedofilish !!!

Yeah. Unfortunately is kinda a national sport in Japan...

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: CptGuapo]
#267845 - 11/03/11 02:01 AM

> P.P.S. It's a shame, but this game is so pedofilish !!!
>
> Yeah. Unfortunately is kinda a national sport in Japan...

That's like saying killing/suing people is a national sport in USA.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

That's what everyone outside of the US thinks about the country! *nt* new [Re: BIOS-D]
#267852 - 11/03/11 03:26 AM

> > P.P.S. It's a shame, but this game is so pedofilish !!!
> >
> > Yeah. Unfortunately is kinda a national sport in Japan...
>
> That's like saying killing/suing people is a national sport in USA.

Gitrdooooooooooooone

HowardC
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/15/04
Send PM

#268476 - 11/13/11 04:37 AM

> Yeah can you send those to me privately. DB is too new to add (if it's a 2009 game)
> but I don't know if any of the Type-X "dumps" going around are going to end up ever
> being used in mame or not, and I don't even have a full listing of them. I don't know
> if the additives can be removed properly, if the pure dumps are kept separate from
> the additives. It's pretty boring hardware so I haven't looked into it. We'll take
> all the clean rips you have though. No telling when they will be added though.

I'm by no means an expert on those games, but I did write a couple of programs to help get them working and I really don't think they will be of use to MAME nor should they ever be put in mame or at least not in the next 10 years or so.

They are windows XP executables with some hardcoded calls to a custom I/O board that handles the josyticks and what not. With a few exceptions they aren't modified at all. They are simply launched with an additional exe that intercepts the calls to the i/o board and re-routes them to standard keyboard keys. In some cases this couldn't be figured out so the exes were hacked via a hex editor to re-route the "debug" keys (which essentially lets you use a keyboard to test the games) to the desired keyboard keys.

So unless MAME has the capability to run a 64 bit version of windows xp and emulate a full 64 bit pc they won't be in mame anytime soon. And since windows 7/8/9 runs xp games just fine it makes more sense to simply get them running on the pc for now.

That being said it would be nice if some real emu programmers took a look at these games. Wrappers for the video card calls would be especially good because the coding of some of these games are so specialized that they have graphical errors if you try to run them on a different video card.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Arcana Heart Full new [Re: HowardC]
#268479 - 11/13/11 05:15 AM

All the warez folks who want the games have already grabbed them via torrents if that is what you are worried about. Some people have looked at what's available and think maybe 1 dump of 23 is considered to be unhacked. We won't be able to find them all on original drives in 10 years so we'll take the dumps if they are offered. Not sure when they will be added.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 179 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 7991