Pages: 1

Jdurgi
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

This Dumbass Got Lucky...
#264985 - 09/20/11 08:51 AM

Okay, I have to admit, I got lucky tonight. I was at a friend's place playing cards (up $20 for the night thanks to my first straight flush in forever. Had 6/9 of hearts when my buddy had an A/J of hearts and the flop was 5-7-8 or hearts). While out, for the first time since college, I made the STUPID decision to have some "Princess Toadstool Tea". This was five hours ago and I'm still messed up, but can admit it was dumb. Anyway, I was driving home and stopped at Taco Bell to get some colon cleanser for tomorrow. About a mile from my house, a cop pulled me over.

She said I was going 40 in the 25. (Speed Limit was 35, and my car can't go 40 right now as it has two low-pressure tires and needs some work). So I was ready to fight anything she gave me, but still acted polite and gave my driver's license and insurance/registration. She spent about half an hour in her car while the damned lights from her car totally screwed with my head. (Thank you stupid fucking idea to drink mushroom tea and have it kick in right as the cop pulled me over. Stupid fucking idea).

Anyway, the cop came back to my car and started talking to me about things that I used to do at work that I had forgotten about. Turns out, she was a security guard at the campus I worked at before the company shut it down and moved me across the river. I used to grab coffee with her and chit-chat for a good part of the day. She was the hot security guard. She remembered me and tore up the ticket she was going to give in order to meet her weekly quota, and gave me a warning and a kiss.

I GOT COMPLETELY FUCKING LUCKY!!!!!! It was a dumb idea to drink mushroom tea. Still fucked up from it, and can't explain why I did it. But there is a higher being who looked out for me and gave me the warning as physical evidence of why what I did was stupid. I'm so happy right now.

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: This Dumbass Got Lucky... new [Re: Jdurgi]
#264995 - 09/20/11 04:11 PM

Mushrooms suck. All they ever did for me is confusion and a weird buzz that doesn't even feel good. I can only suspect that they affect people differently or else I don't know why people take them. I've also seen people go into seizures on them and wake up not knowing what happened.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: This Dumbass Got Lucky... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#264998 - 09/20/11 06:28 PM

> Mushrooms suck. All they ever did for me is confusion and a weird buzz that doesn't
> even feel good. I can only suspect that they affect people differently or else I
> don't know why people take them. I've also seen people go into seizures on them and
> wake up not knowing what happened.

Are you really all into drugs at some time or another? Must be a cultural thing. I don't want to stereotype but mostly beer and tobacco are enough for a teenager to feel grown up here. No need of weird substances your hardly hear about, unless some narc connected seller approaches to you at school (sometimes since junior high) or get offered at a nigh club. If you really need to get high, you don't tell anyone about it except your new drugged friend no one else talks to. He/she connects you to the place he/she knows they sell while everyone knows only as a rumor (no sellers on streets but regular homes). If you can't afford drugs, you just go to the next tool store and buy some glue or paint thinner (when it was still allowed for a minor to buy such substances, though that can also be skipped by the vendor). But again, that can also exclude you from society sooner or later.

By the way I'm aware drugged people exist in my country, but apparently it's not that common. My uncle got retarded to the point he looked like a hobo after so many glue inhalation exposure and brain cells lost. It's not like that happens to anyone who use drugs anyway.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: This Dumbass Got Lucky... new [Re: BIOS-D]
#264999 - 09/20/11 06:37 PM

Not really, mushrooms aren't all that common. Maybe in certain areas like spots in Colorado or California. I did them a couple of times in high school to experiment, didn't have anything to do with feeling grown up. They didn't seem particularly dangerous until I saw my friend seizure. I would guess maybe 5% of people in my high school had done them by the time they graduated, max. Weed was probably 40%? Alcohol maybe 85. I didn't go around talking about it if that's a question. Drug talk was kept quiet because of not being legal and people passing judgement etc. Overall I would say I was heavier on the drug use than the average student for sure. Never sniffed glue or paint, that always seemed really retarded.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#265002 - 09/20/11 07:43 PM

You'd be surprised how stupid the kids are getting these days. My wife is in the business of helping people with issues like this...the stuff she deals with is absurd. She'll see a good majority of clients for the first time around 13-14, and they are unbelievably open about their use. It just doesn't seem to make one the social pariah it did 20 years ago.

> Are you really all into drugs at some time or another? Must be a cultural thing. I
> don't want to stereotype but mostly beer and tobacco are enough for a teenager to
> feel grown up here. No need of weird substances your hardly hear about, unless some
> narc connected seller approaches to you at school (sometimes since junior high) or
> get offered at a nigh club. If you really need to get high, you don't tell anyone
> about it except your new drugged friend no one else talks to. He/she connects you to
> the place he/she knows they sell while everyone knows only as a rumor (no sellers on
> streets but regular homes). If you can't afford drugs, you just go to the next tool
> store and buy some glue or paint thinner (when it was still allowed for a minor to
> buy such substances, though that can also be skipped by the vendor). But again, that
> can also exclude you from society sooner or later.
>
> By the way I'm aware drugged people exist in my country, but apparently it's not that
> common. My uncle got retarded to the point he looked like a hobo after so many glue
> inhalation exposure and brain cells lost. It's not like that happens to anyone who
> use drugs anyway.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: This Dumbass Got Lucky... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#265003 - 09/20/11 07:46 PM

Quote:

mushrooms aren't all that common. Maybe in certain areas like spots in Colorado or California.

*ahem* (recently at Red Rocks amphitheater while watching the Space Cowboy) = awesome.

Your friend's reaction isn't too typical but it all depends on the amount ingested.

On the lighter side you don't have confusion or anything like thant, usually just breathing or wavy walls, colors are more vivid, and touch sensations are amplified.

Take too much and you can black out, have heavy auditory and vision hallucinations, and involuntary body movements.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#265010 - 09/24/11 11:25 PM

> Are you really all into drugs at some time or another? Must be a cultural thing.

Maybe I led a sheltered existence, but before college I didn't know anyone who was into anything more than booze and pot. Among my close friends, none of us even really drank or smoked much. Once I got to college I met people who were into heavier stuff, but even then it was mostly friends-of-friends, no one I really knew personally.

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Re: This Dumbass Got Lucky... new [Re: Jdurgi]
#265030 - 09/25/11 05:45 AM

"She was the hot security guard. She remembered me and tore up the ticket she was going to give in order to meet her weekly quota, and gave me a warning and a kiss."

...and no pictures for the Bin.

Ah well, congrats anyway. A kiss, really? Like, a kiss blown from a distance, or...?

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: This Dumbass Got Lucky... new [Re: Hizzout]
#265100 - 09/26/11 01:10 PM

I haven't taken any mushrooms for 10 years or more but having taken just about anything going in my yoof they gave some of the best hallucinations going. I remember the colour distortions, everything having rainbow halos around them, patterns on wallpaper and carpets etc. kind of swirl around and change shape. The big thing I always remember about mushrooms is depth perception becoming massively distorted. I remember lying in bed looking over the side the first time I'd taken mushrooms and the drop to the floor looked enormous and when I reached down my arm seemed to stretch as my hand touched the floor. All in all good stuff especially as you can regulate the amount you consume far more accurately than dropping acid when you haven't got a clue how much LSD is actually on any given piece of paper.

I did have an ex girlfriend who had a seizure late one evening after taking mushroom in the afternoon but she had been sunbathing all day, hadn't eaten or drunk much all day and was smoking week at the time so who know what happened there!

The best advice is if you are going to take them, pick them yourself then you know (as long as you do your homework) what you are taking. Like my Dad said when he found my mushrooms when I was about 17. "You need to be careful eating those, you might pick the wrong ones. Some are poisonous you know"

Having said all that. Drugs are bad m'kay, don't do drugs.

There is no sin except stupidity.

Jdurgi
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

Re: This Dumbass Got Lucky... new [Re: DMala]
#265169 - 09/27/11 06:19 AM

> > Are you really all into drugs at some time or another? Must be a cultural thing.
>
> Maybe I led a sheltered existence, but before college I didn't know anyone who was
> into anything more than booze and pot. Among my close friends, none of us even really
> drank or smoked much. Once I got to college I met people who were into heavier stuff,
> but even then it was mostly friends-of-friends, no one I really knew personally.

Pretty much the same thing here. In high school, I knew of kids who smoked cigarettes, raided their dad's fridge and liquor cabinets, and smoked pot all the time. Didn't really think too much of them. Got into college and suddenly was surrounded by it and figured I'd give this stuff called "beer" a try, and while really drunk that first night of freshmen orientation, had a bit of herb. That was probably a very bad decision by me because I loved it and spent most of my college years baked out of my mind. Dabbled in some other things as well, but not really because I wanted to rebel or be an "outcast". Mostly because I didn't feel as if I had anything to lose at the time (no job, no family, no real responsibility) and enjoyed the new ways my brain was firing that I had never experienced before. Then I graduated and stopped everything except the boozing. Had too much to lose.

Over the past ten years since finishing up college, I've started to discover more and more people that I never would have suspected were into certain things actually were. And I'm not talking about a joint every now and then. Many people I personally know risk their lives and blow so much money it's frightening. Yet, they all have kept things in as much control as they possibly could and stopped/took breaks/eased up when they started getting too deep.

The mushroom thing this past week was just a one off "hey, why not have a little fun" and nothing that is ever going to be in future plans. It was quite fun though and got my mind thinking in different ways since then. A good eye opener.

Oh yeah, the kiss from the cop was a nice little blown kiss. I should have grabbed a pic.

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1381