Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Oh My
#263940 - 09/05/11 02:45 AM

Anime has gone all the way. I recently stumbled across Bible Black. Gasp! I knew anime could be risque, but I had only imagined it could go Full Monte.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: Oh My new [Re: GatKong]
#263948 - 09/05/11 05:19 AM

Really? AD Vision used to be known for all its hentai titles. Guy: Double Target, Flare, Cutey Honey, Devil Hunter Yokho...

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Oh My new [Re: igamabob]
#263957 - 09/05/11 07:08 AM

> Really? AD Vision used to be known for all its hentai titles. Guy: Double Target,
> Flare, Cutey Honey, Devil Hunter Yokho...

Doing a quick search I found some of those titles data from ending 80s. Anime has been like that for years. Good luck making masses understand this kind of anime is not available to children like everyday cartoons on Saturday mornings.

Recently there was so much fuzz about a certain magical girl anime which happened to be transmitted on TV at 25:25 hours (that's not a typo, it's 1:25 AM) because of its topics, violence and cruelty towards main characters and it didn't even had sexual content.

It's been a long time since I quit watching anime, however I should admit while hentai is not my thing, I like ecchi in videogames. If I know about perverted stuff like sora no otoshimono (yet another after midnight anime) is because of the games.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Send PM

Re: Oh My new [Re: BIOS-D]
#264009 - 09/06/11 12:51 AM

The sad thing is that there is a ton of really well written stuff out there that never makes it over here, or, if it does, it doesn't do well (Kimagure Orange Road, The Name of the Wind is Amnesia, etc). It seems like only Poke-Anime (lets see how many episodes we can squeeze out of one round of a tournament) or ecchi/hentai is all that makes it over here. Even when a decent series does make it here, like YuYu Hakusho, the only stuff they bring over is the PokeBall Z portions.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#264011 - 09/06/11 02:26 AM

Even when a decent series does make it here, like YuYu
> Hakusho, the only stuff they bring over is the PokeBall Z portions.

You need to watch Hunter Hunter pronto. It's by the same guy who did Yu Yu Hakusho.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Oh My new [Re: GatKong]
#264013 - 09/06/11 05:39 AM

> Anime has gone all the way. I recently stumbled across Bible Black. Gasp! I knew
> anime could be risque, but I had only imagined it could go Full Monte.

Welcome to the year 2000.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#264014 - 09/06/11 05:40 AM

> The sad thing is that there is a ton of really well written stuff out there that
> never makes it over here, or, if it does, it doesn't do well (Kimagure Orange Road,
> The Name of the Wind is Amnesia, etc). It seems like only Poke-Anime (lets see how
> many episodes we can squeeze out of one round of a tournament) or ecchi/hentai is all
> that makes it over here. Even when a decent series does make it here, like YuYu
> Hakusho, the only stuff they bring over is the PokeBall Z portions.

Say what?

Wasn't YuYu Hakusho broadcast in its entirety on Cartoon Network / Adult Swim?

At least it was down here in Latin America.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Oh My new [Re: Foxhack]
#264022 - 09/06/11 08:01 AM

> > The sad thing is that there is a ton of really well written stuff out there that
> > never makes it over here, or, if it does, it doesn't do well (Kimagure Orange Road,
> > The Name of the Wind is Amnesia, etc). It seems like only Poke-Anime (lets see how
> > many episodes we can squeeze out of one round of a tournament) or ecchi/hentai is
> all
> > that makes it over here. Even when a decent series does make it here, like YuYu
> > Hakusho, the only stuff they bring over is the PokeBall Z portions.
>
> Say what?
>
> Wasn't YuYu Hakusho broadcast in its entirety on Cartoon Network / Adult Swim?
>
> At least it was down here in Latin America.

No, they aired only part of it on CN, and there were some content edits even then. CN pretty much pulled all the programming that doesn't sell merchandise, even when it was doing very well.

The DVDs are better, though.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Send PM

Re: Oh My new [Re: TriggerFin]
#264033 - 09/06/11 01:33 PM

> > > The sad thing is that there is a ton of really well written stuff out there that
> > > never makes it over here, or, if it does, it doesn't do well (Kimagure Orange
> Road,
> > > The Name of the Wind is Amnesia, etc). It seems like only Poke-Anime (lets see
> how
> > > many episodes we can squeeze out of one round of a tournament) or ecchi/hentai is
> > all
> > > that makes it over here. Even when a decent series does make it here, like YuYu
> > > Hakusho, the only stuff they bring over is the PokeBall Z portions.
> >
> > Say what?
> >
> > Wasn't YuYu Hakusho broadcast in its entirety on Cartoon Network / Adult Swim?
> >
> > At least it was down here in Latin America.
>
> No, they aired only part of it on CN, and there were some content edits even then. CN
> pretty much pulled all the programming that doesn't sell merchandise, even when it
> was doing very well.
>
> The DVDs are better, though.

Yeah, it was pretty edited, and the OVA's never made it on to TV over here (At least not so far as I ever saw).

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#264064 - 09/06/11 07:23 PM

> > > > The sad thing is that there is a ton of really well written stuff out there
> that
> > > > never makes it over here, or, if it does, it doesn't do well (Kimagure Orange
> > Road,
> > > > The Name of the Wind is Amnesia, etc). It seems like only Poke-Anime (lets see
> > how
> > > > many episodes we can squeeze out of one round of a tournament) or ecchi/hentai
> is
> > > all
> > > > that makes it over here. Even when a decent series does make it here, like YuYu
> > > > Hakusho, the only stuff they bring over is the PokeBall Z portions.
> > >
> > > Say what?
> > >
> > > Wasn't YuYu Hakusho broadcast in its entirety on Cartoon Network / Adult Swim?
> > >
> > > At least it was down here in Latin America.
> >
> > No, they aired only part of it on CN, and there were some content edits even then.
> CN
> > pretty much pulled all the programming that doesn't sell merchandise, even when it
> > was doing very well.
> >
> > The DVDs are better, though.
>
> Yeah, it was pretty edited, and the OVA's never made it on to TV over here (At least
> not so far as I ever saw).

Oh well that sucks.

I figured they showed it all as part of Adult Swim or something... too bad.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1589