MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Bluetooth tech question
#261286 - 08/02/11 04:23 PM

Sorry if this is old hat to some of you, but I just haven't had much reason to mess about with Bluetooth devices. If I have a Bluetooth-capable tablet computer of some kind, which happens to have a built-in camera, could I still have a separate, remote Bluetooth camera nearby feeding video (and/or audio) signal to that tablet?

I think I would like to use this sort of arrangement on stage in case I don't have a direct line of sight between the director and whatever piano I'm playing.

P.S. On a different topic, shouldn't it follow that I could also send feed from the built-in camera on my tablet to someone else's via Bluetooth? (I would assume yes for Wi-Fi)

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Bluetooth tech question new [Re: Mojo2000]
#261289 - 08/02/11 05:05 PM

All depends on the software. You could, in theory, do lots of things with Bluetooth - it's a flexible wireless networking system. But as often as not, it's horribly crippled by poor support in devices, drivers and applications.

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Drat. Why is that? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#261352 - 08/03/11 03:15 PM

> All depends on the software. You could, in theory, do lots of things with Bluetooth -
> it's a flexible wireless networking system. But as often as not, it's horribly
> crippled by poor support in devices, drivers and applications.

Any idea on why that is, considering it is so popular for phones and Wiimotes?

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Drat. Why is that? new [Re: Mojo2000]
#261354 - 08/03/11 03:26 PM

> Any idea on why that is, considering it is so popular for phones and Wiimotes?

Because vendors are lazy and/or evil-minded. For example, Apple don't let you use an iPad as a Bluetooth DUN client because they (or the mobile carriers) don't want you to use a single data plan for your 'phone and iPad. NEC 'phones only allow you to use Bluetooth for DUN because they're apparently too lazy to implement OBEX over Bluetooth instead of just USB.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 941