MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mental
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/02/11
Send PM

artwork sizing
#261150 - 07/31/11 10:20 PM

I installed the artwork for in the in game graphics and it gives it that true touch, however it has made the size of the actual game smaller and in some games (space invaders) nearly unplayable. Is there anyway to expand the screen so I still have as much game screen as I had before?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: artwork sizing new [Re: Mental]
#261151 - 07/31/11 10:44 PM

> I installed the artwork for in the in game graphics and it gives it that true touch,
> however it has made the size of the actual game smaller and in some games (space
> invaders) nearly unplayable. Is there anyway to expand the screen so I still have as
> much game screen as I had before?

-- video options
-- crop to screen

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

zambr
MAME Fanatic
Reged: 04/12/09
Send PM

Re: artwork sizing new [Re: Mr. Do]
#261182 - 08/01/11 10:08 AM

Ideally if time wasn't a factor, have 2 sets of bezels for vertical games.

(1) The original ones as is.

(2) Optimised for widecreen monitors and TV's. The screen height is set to almost max (still in ratio) and only use bezel artwork on left and right of screen only, picking out best bits from original design.

A very good modern day example on the xbox 360 of a vertical bezel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sxrrX0c4YE

Just imagine how much work would be involved, way too much. Still, would be nice though to bring those late 70's and early 80's to life on your telly this way.

Edited by zambr (08/01/11 11:09 AM)

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: artwork sizing new [Re: zambr]
#261210 - 08/01/11 04:26 PM

There was a patch that could be compiled into MAME to add generic artwork to the sides like you are talking about. Mr. Do can probably shed some light on it.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: artwork sizing new [Re: zambr]
#261238 - 08/01/11 10:45 PM

> Ideally if time wasn't a factor, have 2 sets of bezels for vertical games.
>
> (1) The original ones as is.
>
> (2) Optimised for widecreen monitors and TV's. The screen height is set to almost max
> (still in ratio) and only use bezel artwork on left and right of screen only, picking
> out best bits from original design.
>
> A very good modern day example on the xbox 360 of a vertical bezel
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sxrrX0c4YE
>
> Just imagine how much work would be involved, way too much. Still, would be nice
> though to bring those late 70's and early 80's to life on your telly this way.

1) I actually ripped a lot of the XBox artwork, and posted it on my Other Artwork page. See sample below

2) Once I get it all squared away, I am going to add the widescreen artwork from this page to the Other Artwork page also (with permission from the original author).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

zambr
MAME Fanatic
Reged: 04/12/09
Send PM

Re: artwork sizing new [Re: Mr. Do]
#261239 - 08/01/11 11:23 PM

> 1) I actually ripped a lot of the XBox artwork, and posted it on my Other Artwork
> page. See sample below
>
> 2) Once I get it all squared away, I am going to add the widescreen artwork from this
> page to the Other Artwork page also (with permission from the original author).

Fantastic, i'll have to try some of these out.

Thanks.

Edited by zambr (08/01/11 11:27 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1388