MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

gallant1
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/21/11
Send PM

Another past game query...
#260828 - 07/26/11 09:33 PM

If you knowlegeable folk could give a name to this game from the early 80's I would be happy

Similar to 'missile command'in that it was a nuclear missile attack scenario ...but YOU were defending the planet from hoards/ waves of aliens/ships/saucers using you various forms of missiles (that were at the lower part of the screen) but the missiles took off and 'dropped/headed' to the rear of the screen taking out the enemy. You sat (nearly lay) low in the 'cockpit' and pressed THE MANY launch buttons on LEFT and RIGHT sides of the seat in banks that launched various missiles/bullets/mines/laser? ... you had to choose wisely. You had only a few (6 LARGE ?) super type missiles ...and the game-play got mad frantic. There may have been a trigger or LEVER that launched stuff as well. SOUND WAS LOUD Graphics may have had a 3D element with multi-layered screens and were of a high standard.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Space Tactics? new [Re: gallant1]
#260829 - 07/26/11 10:14 PM

Only one I can think of with that many switches on the control pane. Make sure to use 0.124 or later with artwork turned on for full effects.

> If you knowlegeable folk could give a name to this game from the early 80's I would
> be happy
>
> Similar to 'missile command'in that it was a nuclear missile attack scenario ...but
> YOU were defending the planet from hoards/ waves of aliens/ships/saucers using you
> various forms of missiles (that were at the lower part of the screen) but the
> missiles took off and 'dropped/headed' to the rear of the screen taking out the
> enemy. You sat (nearly lay) low in the 'cockpit' and pressed THE MANY launch buttons
> on LEFT and RIGHT sides of the seat in banks that launched various
> missiles/bullets/mines/laser? ... you had to choose wisely. You had only a few (6
> LARGE ?) super type missiles ...and the game-play got mad frantic. There may have
> been a trigger or LEVER that launched stuff as well. SOUND WAS LOUD Graphics may have
> had a 3D element with multi-layered screens and were of a high standard.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

gallant1
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/21/11
Send PM

Re: Space Tactics? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#260923 - 07/28/11 12:12 AM

THANK YOU MR DO ... never ceases to amaze me.
SPACE TACTICS it was .....shame no sound in mame though ...still fantastic. thankYOU

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Area 51 Nevada
Send PM

Re: Space Tactics? new [Re: gallant1]
#261156 - 08/01/11 01:54 AM

> THANK YOU MR DO ... never ceases to amaze me.
> SPACE TACTICS it was .....shame no sound in mame though ...still fantastic. thankYOU

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Space Tactics? new [Re: gallant1]
#261166 - 08/01/11 03:41 AM Attachment: IMG_5495.JPG 3495 KB (1 downloads)

> THANK YOU MR DO ... never ceases to amaze me.
> SPACE TACTICS it was .....shame no sound in mame though ...still fantastic. thankYOU

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1489