MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

A visualization of US debt in $100 bills
#260445 - 07/21/11 08:00 PM

Kind of puts it into perspective

*gulp*

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

They should really get to printing that money. <nT> Might take a while. new [Re: Hizzout]
#260446 - 07/21/11 08:11 PM

> Kind of puts it into perspective
>
> *gulp*

haw.

Jdurgi
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

Re: A visualization of US debt in $100 bills new [Re: Hizzout]
#260460 - 07/22/11 01:01 AM

> Kind of puts it into perspective
>
> *gulp*

747-400's are nice. Recently flew on one on a flight from Prague to Chicago. Was nice climbing up a flight of stairs to reach my seat on the upper deck and having my own "concierge" there to tend to my every need. Business/First class is the only way I can ever fly internationally, no matter what the cost. Damn is it worth it.

Anyway, with regards to the money, I still find it funny how people try and counterfeit the $100 bills. The optimal time for counterfeiting has passed us. That would have been about three or four years after the first real change in bill design took place, and before the watermarks and security strips were put in place. Then, you could bleach away the ink on $1 bills and print out more expensive bills like $50 and $100's in the old design. Back then, the only thing people really did to check was to rub the pen on it, and since the fakes would have been made out of the same paper/cloth as real bills, it would not have come up as odd.

But that time has long since passed, and banks are instructed to destroy the old style bills when they receive them and have them replaced with the new style. Plus, since most of the old style bills are out of circulation, people spending them would raise suspicion. I know the other week I went and spent an old style $10 bill that I had gotten in change from an earlier purchase and the clerk at the convenience store had to get the manager out to confirm it was real.

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 154 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1314