MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

bitaddict
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/02/05
Send PM

Mystery cable disconnected now display will not turn on
#259144 - 07/06/11 05:59 AM

Does anybody know where this cable may have been connected? I was cleaning the inside of my Street Fighter II cab and accidentally knocked this cable loose. Now the display does not turn on. Here are some pictures but I'll be sure too post better ones once I remove the PCB.

Thanks for your consideration.

BA

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Mystery cable disconnected now display will not turn on new [Re: bitaddict]
#259164 - 07/06/11 07:01 AM

I'd say to look on the chassis. Looks like it goes onto two pins, one slightly smaller than the other. It's red, and a decent thickness, so I'm thinking some kind of 'hot'. I'd say look on the chassis, first.

And what are those arrows signifying?

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#259185 - 07/06/11 04:20 PM

> Does anybody know where this cable may have been connected? I was cleaning the inside
> of my Street Fighter II cab and accidentally knocked this cable loose. Now the
> display does not turn on. Here are some pictures but I'll be sure too post better
> ones once I remove the PCB.
>
>
> Thanks for your consideration.
>
> BA

If I'm seeing the photos correctly, that is the "G2" wire. It should connect to a pin on the corner of the neck board. There is also a pin for the black ground wire, be sure not to cross them if that has been disconnected as well.

bitaddict
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mystery cable disconnected now display will not turn on new [Re: mogli]
#259222 - 07/07/11 04:17 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I did find 1 single pin on the neck board but when I connected it, nothing happened. I will try and remove the mainboard today. Mogli, when you say chassis, are you talking about the mainboard? Oh, the arrow on the first pictures is where I think the cable might've been connected. On the second picture, the arrow is supposed to show where that red wire was coming from.

Again, thanks. I will check for 2 pins. What would happened if I connected this wrong. Damage is OK, I just don'w want the thing exploding on me.

BA

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Follow the dust. new [Re: bitaddict]
#259231 - 07/07/11 05:20 AM

In politics you follow the money, with cables you follow the dust. See if you can find something that
A: looks like the correct socket and
B: isn't dusty.

The dust can also tell you which direction a "non-keyed" item plugs in. Think of it as a generic "This Side Up" marker.

[Edit] WOW, that's some mighty fine lurking! Bravo.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#259235 - 07/07/11 06:00 AM

> Thanks for the replies guys. I did find 1 single pin on the neck board but when I
> connected it, nothing happened. I will try and remove the mainboard today. Mogli,
> when you say chassis, are you talking about the mainboard? Oh, the arrow on the first
> pictures is where I think the cable might've been connected. On the second picture,
> the arrow is supposed to show where that red wire was coming from.
>
> Again, thanks. I will check for 2 pins. What would happened if I connected this
> wrong. Damage is OK, I just don'w want the thing exploding on me.
>
> BA

I agree with the arrows in the second photo. It goes there.

If nothing is powering up, you might have blown a fuse powering up the chassis without it connected, those are easy to check. Any testing beyond that is going to require a multimeter.

bitaddict
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mystery cable disconnected now display will not turn on new [Re: italie]
#259343 - 07/08/11 09:06 AM

OK, here are some more pics. I checked the fuse on the main pcb and it looks fine. I tried connecting the red cable to the pin on the neck board labeled "v" and nothing happened. There are several other possible spots on the main pcb, but I'm hesitant to try them. 2 pins next to each other labeled "horiz" and "vert", one pin labeled "TP4", and one pin labeled "R52".

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#259384 - 07/08/11 08:05 PM

> OK, here are some more pics. I checked the fuse on the main pcb and it looks fine. I
> tried connecting the red cable to the pin on the neck board labeled "v" and nothing
> happened. There are several other possible spots on the main pcb, but I'm hesitant to
> try them. 2 pins next to each other labeled "horiz" and "vert", one pin labeled
> "TP4", and one pin labeled "R52".

It attaches to "V". Something else is wrong.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3094