MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Brilliant
#256679 - 06/07/11 03:06 AM

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/movies-1/i-texted-you-threw-me-out-your.html

From the theater's website:

Luckily, this former patron was so incensed at being kicked out, she quickly called the office and left us the raw ingredients for our latest "Don't Talk or Text" PSA. You can check it out below, or come to the Alamo this weekend where the video will be playing before all of our R-rated movies. 

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Brilliant new [Re: italie]
#256690 - 06/07/11 04:55 AM

It's good to see a company not bow to the "customer is always right" mentality. The customer is NOT always right, and people need to learn that throwing a tantrum won't get you what you want.

I always think when I hear a customer say, "I'm never coming back and I'll tell my friends not to shop here either!" that whatever other assholes would consider them a friend, probably isn't wanted around the business anyway.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Brilliant new [Re: Hizzout]
#256718 - 06/07/11 01:16 PM

> It's good to see a company not bow to the "customer is always right" mentality. The
> customer is NOT always right, and people need to learn that throwing a tantrum won't
> get you what you want.

Hah, woman at the music store tried to pull that one - told me that "By the Way" is not the name of a RHCP album. I didn't throw a tantrum, but I was definitely right. Guy behind the counter interrupted her saying, "It says here we have it in stock." Lots of idiots work in shops these days. (I realise that the front cover doesn't say "By the Way" anywhere, but that is the name of the album.)

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

Re: Brilliant new [Re: italie]
#256737 - 06/07/11 05:07 PM

> http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/movies-1/i-texted-you-threw-me-out-your.html
>

Justice has been served!
If today's theatres still had ushers walk the house the way they did in the 80s and 90s, we might enjoy going out to the movies more today. Turn your phone off and watch the movie.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Brilliant new [Re: yaggy]
#256738 - 06/07/11 05:14 PM

>If today's theatres still had ushers walk the house the way they did in the 80s and 90s

HAH! That's true! I remember as a kid an usher coming up in the dark and putting her flatlight in my face and telling me to get out for throwing candy. But I WASN'T! But I got thrown out all the same... so I ran around to the fire exit, where my mind-reading friends were, who let me back in. Heheh. But yeah, they patrolled the theater, and usually stood in the back keeping an eye on the movie goers. Never figured out why she singled me out.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Brilliant new [Re: GatKong]
#256782 - 06/08/11 03:22 AM

This is a good comment:

My favorite part is how she thinks it's a money-making scam for the Alamo to take her money then kick her out.

Seriously, think that one through for like five seconds and come back to it.

Anyways, let 'em wear pants and speak their mind, and see what happens?

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 124 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1167