MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

HLSL Observations
#256455 - 06/04/11 01:19 AM

I posted awhile back that merely enabling HLSL cut my games's FPS in half. I've discovered that checking "Switch Resolutions to Fit" enabled me to run HLSL @ 100%. Just an FYI for others that might have the same issue Tried a few different profiles posted on this board and no slow downs so far.

Another thing I noticed....and I'm almost afraid to post this cause it might get "fixed" is that on my locked 60Hz LCD, enabling HLSL allows me to play games like Ms.Pacman (60.61Hz) @ 100% frame rate without the need of enabling the "Refresh speed" option. Whether or not this is some trickery on the part of HLSL is unknown.

Update: HLSL had nothing to do with not having to use refreshspeed. Disabling it yields the same results.

Edited by denzilla (06/05/11 04:09 PM)

Malmanian
Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: スウェーデン
Send PM

Re: HLSL Observations new [Re: DiodeDude]
#256457 - 06/04/11 01:54 AM

> Another thing I noticed....and I'm almost afraid to post this cause it might get
> "fixed" is that on my locked 60Hz LCD, enabling HLSL allows me to play games like
> Ms.Pacman (60.61Hz) @ 100% frame rate without the need of enabling the "Refresh
> speed" option. Whether or not this is some trickery on the part of HLSL is unknown.

Interesting, it might have something to do with the NTSC simulation doing its job. Do you have " yiq_enable" option enabled in HLSL? Try running MS.Pacman without it and see if it still runs @ 100% or 99% as it should on your 60Hz LCD. If you have yiq disabled and still achieving this effect then I find it strange and it is indeed a good side effect for the LCD users until this "bug" is fixed Cheers

----
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” --Albert Einstein

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

Re: HLSL Observations new [Re: Malmanian]
#256458 - 06/04/11 02:13 AM

yiq_enable was already off. Enabling it had no impact on performance/frame rate.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 213 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1325