MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Gemini
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Georgia
Send PM

typing is uncomfortable
#256447 - 06/03/11 10:17 PM Attachment: Gemini_arm.jpg 88 KB (1 downloads)

Thank you U.S. Army {/sarcasm}

So I suffered a "left thumb distal phalanx intra articular fracture" during my last week at Fort Sam. I was sent to BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center) and they determined that I would need surgery. They started LOD (Line of Duty) paperwork and planned to schedule me for surgery on May 31. Since I'm in the Army Reserve instead of Active Duty Army, I wasn't able to stay at Fort Sam. I thought everything would be fine though, since I live near Ft Benning and I could go to the Army hospital there. Unfortunately, I ran into some problems regarding the LOD paperwork. Since it would take too long for the LOD investigation to be completed, I decided to go against regulations and schedule an appointment at the Army hospital myself. I managed to get an appointment for surgery on Monday (June 6) but I don't know how the increased time will affect my thumb's healing or if the Army will penalize me for having the surgery before the LOD paperwork was finalized.

I'm just mad that I might have a worse injury simply because they wouldn't treat me sooner.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: typing is uncomfortable new [Re: Gemini]
#256461 - 06/04/11 03:46 AM

> Thank you U.S. Army {/sarcasm}
>
> So I suffered a "left thumb distal phalanx intra articular fracture" during my last
> week at Fort Sam. I was sent to BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center) and they determined
> that I would need surgery. They started LOD (Line of Duty) paperwork and planned to
> schedule me for surgery on May 31. Since I'm in the Army Reserve instead of Active
> Duty Army, I wasn't able to stay at Fort Sam. I thought everything would be fine
> though, since I live near Ft Benning and I could go to the Army hospital there.
> Unfortunately, I ran into some problems regarding the LOD paperwork. Since it would
> take too long for the LOD investigation to be completed, I decided to go against
> regulations and schedule an appointment at the Army hospital myself. I managed to get
> an appointment for surgery on Monday (June 6) but I don't know how the increased time
> will affect my thumb's healing or if the Army will penalize me for having the surgery
> before the LOD paperwork was finalized.
>
> I'm just mad that I might have a worse injury simply because they wouldn't treat me
> sooner.

I hope it's not your trigger hand...

//Sucks. Al-Queda seems to have a better benefits plan.

Nikoms
This is the year!
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Chicawgo, USA
Send PM

Re: typing is uncomfortable new [Re: Gemini]
#256511 - 06/05/11 12:12 AM

Well, regardless as to the outcome, thank you for your service. It's appreciated.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk - alcoholics go to meetings"

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

ditto... new [Re: Nikoms]
#256551 - 06/05/11 08:13 PM

> Well, regardless as to the outcome, thank you for your service. It's appreciated.

Saaaaa-lute!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 52 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1483