MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

mileswaldron
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/03/11
Send PM

i love tempest
#256394 - 06/03/11 08:08 AM

Hello!

I find myself in the mood to make a nice tempest cabinet and i am considering using one of those new tiny little air cooled intel atom motherboards to run the emulator.

In the mean time, I wanted to test some things on my 64-bit windows 7, development rig, but I am having a bit of trouble. I have several machines to test with, and they all have the same problem.

I downloaded and installed the latest 64-bit and 32-bit command line MAME v1.4.2.0.0, and several previous versions in order to try down grade tests from the site.

Primarily, I am working with the tempest rev1, rev2, rev3, and tubes, .ZIP files, in my ROMS folder, but I can't get anything to work.

I always get the message "the selected game is missing one or more ROM or CHD images, please select a different game".

Pretty much all I ever want to play is tempest.

Is it still possible to emulate the tempest arcade game with MAME?

I am reasonably certain the problem exists between my eyes the keyboard and my chair.

Any pointers or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Miles Waldron

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: i love tempest new [Re: mileswaldron]
#256402 - 06/03/11 09:42 AM

>
> I am reasonably certain the problem exists between my eyes the keyboard and my chair.
>
> Miles Waldron

Indeed. New romset - need.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Tempest new [Re: mileswaldron]
#256445 - 06/03/11 08:41 PM

>I downloaded and installed the latest 64-bit and 32-bit command line MAME v .142,
>and several previous versions in order to try down grade tests from the site.
>Primarily, I am working with the tempest rev1, rev2, rev3, and tubes, .ZIP files, in my
>ROMS folder, but I can't get anything to work.

>I always get the message "the selected game is missing one or more ROM or CHD images,
>please select a different game".

>Is it still possible to emulate the tempest arcade game with MAME?

It is fully emulated and working, but you are missing a file or two from the older rom sets. There was an updated change that affected all the Tempest related rom sets 4 years ago. Get the newest/latest changed roms and the games should be running again.

--
http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/tempest

0.115u1: Mathis Rosenhauer moved Atari vector PROMs into separate regions. Added user2 rom (036174.01) and the user3 Mathbox PROMs (36175/76, 036177/78, 036179/80 - low/high nibbled). Changed region proms to user1.
--

Bryan Ischo
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/28/10
Send PM

Re: i love tempest new [Re: mileswaldron]
#256454 - 06/04/11 12:38 AM

> I find myself in the mood to make a nice tempest cabinet and i am considering using
> one of those new tiny little air cooled intel atom motherboards to run the emulator.

According to my calculations, Tempest will run about 5x faster than real time (if unthrottled) on one of the older Atom boards (Atom 330 based) so you should have no problem running Tempest on an Atom, at realtime it should use around 20% CPU.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3571