MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Jred
I gotta have more cowbell
Reged: 04/27/04
Send PM

Question on MESS/MAME SVN
#256259 - 06/02/11 12:13 AM

So, i do svn update on mess to get the latest hashes and sometimes compile the source to check it out, but i'm curious, since MAME is in that tree, is that SVN tree the same that the dev's use or does it get updated on MAME stuff randomly or completely seperate or what?

Just curious.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Question on MESS/MAME SVN new [Re: Jred]
#256265 - 06/02/11 12:58 AM

> So, i do svn update on mess to get the latest hashes and sometimes compile the source
> to check it out, but i'm curious, since MAME is in that tree, is that SVN tree the
> same that the dev's use or does it get updated on MAME stuff randomly or completely
> seperate or what?
>
> Just curious.

In recent times, the MAME portion of the MESS SVN usually gets updated from WIP MAME sources at least once a day - unless there is development from the MESS side which requires more frequent updates. Even though there are updated sources from MAME applied between U releases, using the MESS SVN to build a MAME.EXE is heavily discouraged. There is no guarantee that any attempted compile will be successful or it will work in any way.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 348 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1352