View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

crowlos
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/27/05
Send PM

Why MESS can easily be the best emulator for every platform
#255890 - 05/28/11 10:18 PM

smf recently fixed a lock in Symphony of the Night in MESS.

Symphony of the Night always had a widescreen aspect ratio. It had letterboxing that you can see in this screenshot:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/imag...709526_640w.jpg

Now with MAME/MESS's wonderful slider controls, we can use -nokeepaspect and vertically stretch the game to get rid of the letterboxing.

What we're left with is a game that runs full screen at 2560x1600 with a perfect aspect ratio:

http://gaaamer.com/images/sotn-ohboy.png

Thank you, Aaron Giles, for creating the best emulator video output in the world.

Edited by crowlos (05/28/11 10:18 PM)

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: Why MESS can easily be the best emulator for every platform new [Re: crowlos]
#255897 - 05/29/11 12:41 AM

all hail the king...side question though:i never tried converting any psone games into chd..how well does it fare?the psx emulation in MESS i mean

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

Re: Why MESS can easily be the best emulator for every platform new [Re: Solstar]
#255918 - 05/29/11 03:36 AM

> i never tried converting any psone games into chd..

use CHDMAN.

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

Re: Why MESS can easily be the best emulator for every platform new [Re: Solstar]
#255964 - 05/29/11 10:16 AM

> all hail the king...side question though:i never tried converting any psone games
> into chd..

start from a BIN/CUE or IMG/BIN rip and then use chdman with

chdman -createcd mygame.cue mygame.chd

> how well does it fare?the psx emulation in MESS i mean

so so. Many games work. Many games have input problems (mostly the ones with Dual Shock support), so that you can watch the intro movies as much as you want, but you cannot start the actual gameplay. A few games show only a black screen.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: Why MESS can easily be the best emulator for every platform new [Re: etabeta]
#255966 - 05/29/11 11:50 AM

ok,tried a couple of games,and they work ok,though some have issues as expected (skullmonkeys doesn't show the intro,and the background is all white,Crimekiller's cars colors are all wrong)but they're ok.shame the Saturn emulation doesn't want to cooperate in mess...

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

#255968 - 05/29/11 12:31 PM

> ok,tried a couple of games,and they work ok,though some have issues as expected
> (skullmonkeys doesn't show the intro,and the background is all white,Crimekiller's
> cars colors are all wrong)but they're ok.shame the Saturn emulation doesn't want to
> cooperate in mess...

as you can see at Kale's site, Saturn is being worked on too

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 729 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2173