MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Malmanian
Reged: 07/30/06
Loc: スウェーデン
Send PM

Re: HLSL MiniFAQ
#255604 - 06/29/11 07:48 PM

* Step 2.3 is important for those that are lacking the correct "aperture.png" to use with HLSL.

"Just Desserts" wrote that It is important to use correct "aperture.png" in the "artwork" directory as the shadow_mask_texture. (The previous old MAME overlay effects are not compatible with HLSL and will cause image problems).

I was completely missing the "artwork" directory and correct "aperture.png" after compling the latest MAME source, and only the "hlsl" directory/.fx-files was included with the diff.

If you do not have the correct "aperture.png" save the link below:

http://icips.us/emulation/crt/aperture.png

PS. Very nice mini guide, hopefully it will be included with the next official 0.143 MAME release. Thanks

----
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” --Albert Einstein

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: HLSL MiniFAQ new [Re: Malmanian]
#255609 - 05/25/11 11:21 PM

> * Step 2.3 is important for those that are lacking the correct "aperture.png" to use
> with HLSL.
>
> "Just Desserts" wrote that It is important to use correct "aperture.png" in the
> "artwork" directory as the shadow_mask_texture. (The previous old MAME overlay
> effects are not compatible with HLSL and will cause image problems).
>
> I was completely missing the "artwork" directory and correct "aperture.png" after
> compling the latest MAME source, and only the "hlsl" directory/.fx-files was included
> with the diff.
>
> If you do not have the correct "aperture.png" save the link below:
>
> http://icips.us/emulation/crt/aperture.png
>
>
> PS. Very nice mini guide, hopefully it will be included with the next official 0.143
> MAME release. Thanks

Already accounted for. Thank you.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

effects pngs? new [Re: Tafoid]
#255717 - 05/27/11 05:09 AM

I changed the png file used, and I couldn't tell a difference in effect. Further, I deleted the file from the directory, and made the ini entry blank, and still I got 'scanlines', if only I turned the 'alpha' value to at least '30'. ?

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: effects pngs? new [Re: mogli]
#255827 - 05/28/11 01:22 AM

> I changed the png file used, and I couldn't tell a difference in effect. Further, I
> deleted the file from the directory, and made the ini entry blank, and still I got
> 'scanlines', if only I turned the 'alpha' value to at least '30'. ?

If you're doing it right and using the correct PNG file, you'll get the shadow mask effect that's fairly prominent in all of JD/MG's screens.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: effects pngs? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#256016 - 05/30/11 04:35 AM

> If you're doing it right and using the correct PNG file, you'll get the shadow mask
> effect that's fairly prominent in all of JD/MG's screens.

I think I have it mostly figured out, now. Are the effects meant to be used with this?

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: effects pngs? new [Re: mogli]
#257045 - 06/11/11 09:00 AM

> > If you're doing it right and using the correct PNG file, you'll get the shadow mask
> > effect that's fairly prominent in all of JD/MG's screens.
>
> I think I have it mostly figured out, now. Are the effects meant to be used with
> this?

the old effects? no.

from the default settings you have to turn up the shadow mask and turn down the scanlines to notice the shadow mask is there.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5073