Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

The Fickle
#255561 - 05/25/11 02:16 PM

"In this hilarious look at modern romance, a young woman relives twelve failed love affairs, all in one dizzying morning. As her ex-partners flit in and out of her life in one unbroken shot, each interaction shows signs of the relationships' demise, capturing the humor, hope, and disappointment that the search for love so often brings."

http://characterproject.usanetwork.com/#!/about

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: The Fickle new [Re: Andrew]
#255566 - 05/25/11 03:17 PM

Quote:

...each interaction shows signs of the relationships' demise, capturing the humor, hope, and disappointment that the search for love so often brings.

All I saw was a needy woman who thinks that there are "no good guys out there" when she should really look at herself and figure out why she dumps guys for such petty things.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: The Fickle new [Re: Hizzout]
#255572 - 05/25/11 06:31 PM

>when she should really look at herself and figure out why she dumps guys for such petty things.

Because she can.

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: The Fickle new [Re: GatKong]
#255575 - 05/25/11 06:43 PM

They should make a follow up, where it's 15 years later and all of her friends are married off and have kids and a house and she's 45, single, bitter, and living in the same apartment, still hitting up the bars to find Mr. Right.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: The Fickle new [Re: Hizzout]
#255584 - 05/25/11 08:23 PM

> They should make a follow up, where it's 15 years later and all of her friends are
> married off and have kids and a house and she's 45, single, bitter, and living in the
> same apartment, still hitting up the bars to find Mr. Right.

I've seen that follow-up... Gatinha's best friend from childhood. She eats up men for lunch. She can still reel them in, but it's starting to get sad, because you're right on the money. She's single, still living with her parents, and still pickin' up guys, now 10 to 15 years younger than her, like as if her looks will last forever. When she dates a "nice guy", she dumps him because he's "boring".

edit: Reminded me of an awesome quote I heard once. "Doesn't matter how hot she is... someone somewhere is tired of her shit."

Edited by Gatinho (05/25/11 08:25 PM)

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

#255587 - 05/25/11 08:32 PM

> > when she should really look at herself and figure out why she dumps guys for such
> petty things.
>
> Because she can.

She shouldn't, 'cause she's not hot. Not nearly.

Hizzout
Send PM

#255595 - 05/25/11 10:03 PM

Some of my buddies are like this too. It reminds me of a line from Uncle Buck...

Quote:

People used to say to me, "Buck, you are one lucky son ofa bitch. You got it made, Buck."

And I did.

They'd say, "Man, look at you. You don't have any kids, any wife. You don't have a desk, an office. You don't have a boss to worry about..."

They were right. I had it made. Only thing now is....nobody says that anymore.

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

Re: The Fickle new [Re: Andrew]
#255656 - 05/26/11 04:56 PM

I've dated her kind before. She lets little things fester, then suddenly decides all these minor ticks, which she's kept secret from you the whole time, are intolerable and suddenly pulls back. You have no idea what you did. You may even think you did everything right - because she never once said anything was wrong. But now she hates that you pee right after sex instead of laying with her, or you don't ask her if she wants a waffle too when you're getting breakfast. I'm almost 40 and I can spot her type now. Fortunately, I'm with someone my own age now (used to think it was cool to date 24-28 range) and she's been through enough to know how to communicate properly and straighten stuff out early. It's easy to find faults with everyone out there. This lousy film exploits that and I fail to find anything redeeming about a spoiled chick rejecting a bunch of guys. A more appropriate title would have been The Whore.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: The Fickle new [Re: yaggy]
#255673 - 05/26/11 09:57 PM

> I've dated her kind before. She lets little things fester, then suddenly decides all
> these minor ticks, which she's kept secret from you the whole time, are intolerable
> and suddenly pulls back. You have no idea what you did. You may even think you did
> everything right - because she never once said anything was wrong. But now she hates
> that you pee right after sex instead of laying with her, or you don't ask her if she
> wants a waffle too when you're getting breakfast. I'm almost 40 and I can spot her
> type now. Fortunately, I'm with someone my own age now (used to think it was cool to
> date 24-28 range) and she's been through enough to know how to communicate properly
> and straighten stuff out early. It's easy to find faults with everyone out there.
> This lousy film exploits that and I fail to find anything redeeming about a spoiled
> chick rejecting a bunch of guys. A more appropriate title would have been The Whore.

Thank you so much. Your post now actually makes sense of that movie to me, as i was figuring out why it felt somehow off & without any final message.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 231 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1313