View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Super Milk-Chan
Reged: 11/09/04
Send PM

How is this being emulated?
#254729 - 05/17/11 04:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJQQt7GpzE

Arcana Heart 3 is only a couple of years old, but what makes this look real is that at the beginning, he has the DIP switch screens up with coin-credit settings visible.

Note that I'm not asking or begging for an emulator or a ROM, I'm just genuinely curious as to what's up with this.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: How is this being emulated? new [Re: Super Milk-Chan]
#254732 - 05/17/11 05:18 AM

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJQQt7GpzE
>
> Arcana Heart 3 is only a couple of years old, but what makes this look real is that
> at the beginning, he has the DIP switch screens up with coin-credit settings visible.
>
> Note that I'm not asking or begging for an emulator or a ROM, I'm just genuinely
> curious as to what's up with this.

My money is on that it's being played on a PS3/XBOX360.
I don't know the game, but it would not surprise me that if can be set up to play on psn or xbox live services. Console ports of recent games aren't unusual in behaving more and more like arcade games.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: How is this being emulated? new [Re: Tafoid]
#254734 - 05/17/11 05:25 AM

Nope. All you have to do is Google it and you can find out more info than people here will know. It's probably a PC in a box with a weak encryption that can be bruteforced and then the game image hacked. I've heard the same has happened with Taito Type X games and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them supported in an emulator this year like demul.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: How is this being emulated? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#254736 - 05/17/11 05:27 AM

> Nope. All you have to do is Google it and you can find out more info than people here
> will know. It's probably a PC in a box with a weak encryption that can be bruteforced
> and then the game image hacked. I've heard the same has happened with Taito Type X
> games and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them supported in an emulator this
> year like demul.

I remember hearing about that some time ago. Just didn't click for me. Thanks for the clarification, Smitty.

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/14/08
Send PM

Re: How is this being emulated? new [Re: Tafoid]
#254773 - 05/17/11 10:59 AM

Yeah its a Type X dump....i should know because i've got this and BlazBlu Continuim Shift sitting on my Hard Drive..

Both of them are fully playable, seeing as they are just WinXP based Arcade boards, all you have to do to get them working on your desktop is break the encryption.

AFAIK, most of the TypeX releases have been dumped and are in the hands of private individuals, but only these 2 have become publicly available...i only came across them by pure chance TBH.

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

Re: How is this being emulated? new [Re: Ziggy100]
#254791 - 05/17/11 05:03 PM

It's nothing new.

PC based Bemani machines have been pirated and distributed online for years. Otomedius is one of the newer eAmusement games which was cracked for use on a normal PC. Fairly pointless without the ability to save and buy items on the online server of course.

AH3 isn't a type x game by the way, just another PC based arcade system with poor protection.

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

Super Milk-Chan
Reged: 11/09/04
Send PM

Re: How is this being emulated? new [Re: RetroRepair]
#254795 - 05/17/11 05:50 PM

Thanks a lot for the explanation, heh, Windows XP based arcade machines.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: How is this being emulated? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#254801 - 05/17/11 08:04 PM

> Nope. All you have to do is Google it and you can find out more info than people here
> will know. It's probably a PC in a box with a weak encryption that can be bruteforced
> and then the game image hacked. I've heard the same has happened with Taito Type X
> games and I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them supported in an emulator this
> year like demul.

Interesting.

I'm surprised nobody has obtained dumps of the Half-Life 2: Survivor and Counter-Strike Neo games and tried to extract / port them to Windows yet, since they use the same basic engines on PC and whatever these games run on.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4200