Pages: 1

b6gm6n
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/21/07
Send PM

MAME 0.142u3 seems to fail on CHD games on NV cards
#254134 - 05/09/11 11:30 PM

Hi...

I had not used MAME for a few months, so i updated, downloaded some new rom sets etc and was looking forward to playing vcop3 and crazytaxi (or seeing them anyways) and after getting the CHD files for these they would not play... black screen, no keyboard input, just managed to press escape to get out, anyways, tried "house of the dead" which i know worked like a charm before, just to see almost the same, staggered sound, no 3D graphics, unplayable...

I've made a new system (nvidia SLI machine win 7 64 bit) I'm using 32 bit MAME and MAMEUI which was fine before on this system, unless some nvidia drivers are doing something, espeically concerning video... i just don't know, other games are fine, but i think theres a problem some where which I'm unable to resolve right now, if you have any advise, please advise me cheers and thanks

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: MAME 0.142u3 seems to fail on CHD games on NV cards new [Re: b6gm6n]
#254136 - 05/09/11 11:41 PM

The MAME disclaimer screen on game startup tell you that these game lack full emulation....so...what do you expect to see...

b6gm6n
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME 0.142u3 seems to fail on CHD games on NV cards new [Re: Roman]
#254137 - 05/10/11 12:43 AM

well if it's just a black screen with a totally unworkable mame interface then sure, i'll believe that, but my house of the dead isn't working now, i've tried most things to fix this, i'm not a novice, i think it's a d3d driver issue with certain games, either on my behalf or what i dunno...

virtua cop3 works in much the same way, completely locks up mame, no info, i get the warning screen, then TAB...? no, you get nothing after that, somethings chewing away and it won't let me in... when i go eventually escape i've checked everything, like sound card problems, anti-virus problems, it's just odd...

and there's another post on these forums which is same as mine almost, so it's just not me

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: MAME 0.142u3 seems to fail on CHD games on NV cards new [Re: b6gm6n]
#254139 - 05/10/11 01:02 AM

> well if it's just a black screen with a totally unworkable mame interface then sure,
> i'll believe that, but my house of the dead isn't working now, i've tried most things
> to fix this, i'm not a novice, i think it's a d3d driver issue with certain games,
> either on my behalf or what i dunno...
>
> virtua cop3 works in much the same way, completely locks up mame, no info, i get the
> warning screen, then TAB...? no, you get nothing after that, somethings chewing away
> and it won't let me in... when i go eventually escape i've checked everything, like
> sound card problems, anti-virus problems, it's just odd...
>
> and there's another post on these forums which is same as mine almost, so it's just
> not me

What was your previous MAME version you played the set "hotd" on? Are you sure you didn't play it on the model 2 emulator by El Semi?
The Chihiro games are completely unemulated at this point.

b6gm6n
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME 0.142u3 seems to fail on CHD games on NV cards new [Re: Tafoid]
#254159 - 05/10/11 04:10 AM

> > well if it's just a black screen with a totally unworkable mame interface then
> sure,
> > i'll believe that, but my house of the dead isn't working now, i've tried most
> things
> > to fix this, i'm not a novice, i think it's a d3d driver issue with certain games,
> > either on my behalf or what i dunno...
> >
> > virtua cop3 works in much the same way, completely locks up mame, no info, i get
> the
> > warning screen, then TAB...? no, you get nothing after that, somethings chewing
> away
> > and it won't let me in... when i go eventually escape i've checked everything, like
> > sound card problems, anti-virus problems, it's just odd...
> >
> > and there's another post on these forums which is same as mine almost, so it's just
> > not me
>
> What was your previous MAME version you played the set "hotd" on? Are you sure you
> didn't play it on the model 2 emulator by El Semi?
> The Chihiro games are completely unemulated at this point.

you may be right, i do have a model2 emu, it may be this... i just tried killer-instinct and its fine there, i may have fixed something along the way... anyways thanks

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 318 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3396