MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/28/04
Send PM

Gorf - WTF??
#253948 - 05/08/11 12:35 AM

Playing a game of Gorf in the latest build and TWICE got killed on the Galaxian screen for NO REASON. Nothing flying, no bullets dropping, just BOOM!!! Anybody else have this happen?

Gyrovision
so many more levels...
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Area 51 Nevada
Send PM

Re: Gorf - WTF?? new [Re: sirscotty]
#253957 - 05/08/11 01:18 AM

> Playing a game of Gorf in the latest build and TWICE got killed on the Galaxian
> screen for NO REASON. Nothing flying, no bullets dropping, just BOOM!!! Anybody else
> have this happen?

I may have encountered this on a real machine in my day. Immediate death one after the other. Possibly a rare bug in the game (not MAME). Did this happen to you in only one game? Or does it keep happening? I just checked both sets on the latest MAME and all is working. Got my oss handed to me in the Space Warp stage...

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/28/04
Send PM

Re: Gorf - WTF?? new [Re: Gyrovision]
#253984 - 05/08/11 07:27 AM

> > Playing a game of Gorf in the latest build and TWICE got killed on the Galaxian
> > screen for NO REASON. Nothing flying, no bullets dropping, just BOOM!!! Anybody
> else
> > have this happen?
>
> I may have encountered this on a real machine in my day. Immediate death one after
> the other. Possibly a rare bug in the game (not MAME). Did this happen to you in only
> one game? Or does it keep happening? I just checked both sets on the latest MAME and
> all is working. Got my oss handed to me in the Space Warp stage...

Yes, it has done it 2 seperate times. One each the last two times I played. The computer was rebooted between games.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#253993 - 05/08/11 10:49 AM

I seem to recall that happening to me too back in the day on a real machine. Probably a glitch in the starfield background on the Galaxian level? The bombs and stars are very much the same. Just an observation, I could very well be wrong.

Later...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

AeroCityMayor
Entity formerly known as alien_mame
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Wakefield, West Yorks, UK.
Send PM

#254002 - 05/08/11 03:25 PM

> Playing a game of Gorf in the latest build and TWICE got killed on the Galaxian
> screen for NO REASON. Nothing flying, no bullets dropping, just BOOM!!! Anybody else
> have this happen?

I recall on the original cab that on the Galaxian screen if you blew something up and it disappeared, colliding with that, now empty, part of the screen could kill you. As if the ghost of the dead ship exacted it's revenge

HTH

Cheers,

Ralph.

Coherance of posts inversely proportional to Foster's consumption!!!

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Gorf - WTF?? new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#254052 - 05/09/11 02:02 AM

I don't recall encountering this....until just now, trying to find it. And it seems what I thought it would be: whether the ship disappears or explodes, if you fly through that space, you get 'shrapneled', say. The 'disappearance' of the ship just means the explosion isn't displayed.

The game was made buggy, so this is no big deal.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 270 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2141