MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

MAME Artwork Update - May the force be with you...
#252721 - 04/24/11 04:48 AM

In-Game Artwork - April 23, 2011

I love surprises. The day after the last release, I receive an email from LASooner, with an attachment called starwars.zip. And I quote:

"I made this for my own purposes, but thought I'd share it with the community if you want it. The cabinet is a composite of multiple images I found on the web."

I dropped in my artwork folder and played. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I dug around and found the Star Wars scans from the BYOAC / CAG artwork, sent them back his way, and asked if he'd mind making it look even better. He took up the offer, and the end result is fantastic! So, we now have really cool artwork for Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back. Each file includes the full view, and a cropped view. Later, I'm gonna try the full view on my living room tv, rotated =)

Thanks again to LASooner. Maybe he'll grace us with some more surpises in the future.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: MAME Artwork Update - May the force be with you... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#252722 - 04/24/11 04:57 AM

Wow! That is spectacular on my 4:3 1600x1200 monitor in full screen with the cropped view selected. My compliments to the chef!

zambr
MAME Fanatic
Reged: 04/12/09
Send PM

#252745 - 04/24/11 01:31 PM

Fantastic!

Great job everyone involved

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

Excellent! -nt- new [Re: Mr. Do]
#252753 - 04/24/11 05:33 PM

Excellent!

MASH
MASH
Reged: 09/26/03
Loc: Germany
Send PM

24BPP -> 8BPP ??? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#252760 - 04/24/11 07:41 PM Attachment: starwars_bezel-zoom.png 142 KB (6 downloads)

> In-Game Artwork - April 23, 2011
>
> I love surprises. The day after the last release, I receive an email from LASooner,
> with an attachment called starwars.zip. And I quote:
>
> "I made this for my own purposes, but thought I'd share it with the community if you
> want it. The cabinet is a composite of multiple images I found on the web."
>
> I dropped in my artwork folder and played. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I
> dug around and found the Star Wars scans from the BYOAC / CAG artwork, sent them back
> his way, and asked if he'd mind making it look even better. He took up the offer, and
> the end result is fantastic! So, we now have really cool artwork for Star Wars and
> Empire Strikes Back. Each file includes the full view, and a cropped view. Later, I'm
> gonna try the full view on my living room tv, rotated =)
>
> Thanks again to LASooner. Maybe he'll grace us with some more surpises in the future.

Great artwork for MAME.
Have much *fun* playing Star Wars!

But why are the color depth in both bezel decreased from 24BPP to 8BPP?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

#252789 - 04/25/11 06:26 AM

As usual, you rock! And this is the Theory of Synchronicity at work; I'd just finished piecing together my own versions of these two files the day before you posted. The new ones are a lot better, especially on a 30" HD monitor.

So while we're on the subject, does anyone have a good straight-on photo of the Firefox or Return of the Jedi cab?

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

#252802 - 04/25/11 02:50 PM

> Thanks again to LASooner. Maybe he'll grace us with some more surpises in the future.

Thanks to all involved! I look forward to more from LASooner!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 655 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2357