MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

VLC 1.1.9
#251638 - 04/12/11 06:06 PM

Changes between 1.1.8 and 1.1.9:
--------------------------------

Windows and Mac OS X:
* Update of external library modplug, to address a security issue

Demuxers:
* mp4: Fix heap-based buffer overflow (VideoLAN-SA-1103)

Mac OS X Interface:
* Miscellaneous interface look adjustments
* Improve Apple Remote handling
* Fixe bugs in the Streaming / Transcoding wizard
* Layout fixes in the Preferences and Controls windows
* Fix incomplete list of hotkeys in the Preferences dialog
* Fix quitting through Apple Events (Dock menu, App Switcher, AppleScript, etc.)

Mac OS X Port:
* Fix Growl local notification plugin
* VLC bundle now includes the Growl framework
* Fixes for eyeTV

Translations:
* Updates of Lithuanian, Estonian, Chinese, Japanese, Bengali, Dutch, Polish,
German, Galician, Traditional Chinese translations
* New Luganda Translation

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/releases/1.1.9.html

S

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Gah I only just updated to 1.1.8 <nt> new [Re: Sune]
#251641 - 04/12/11 07:16 PM

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: VLC 1.1.9 new [Re: Sune]
#251670 - 04/13/11 03:59 AM Attachment: vlcsnap-2011-04-12-21h54m32s65.png 1301 KB (1 downloads)

I still get a slight stutter and smeared pixels but it doesn't seem quite as bad as before.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: Gah I only just updated to 1.1.8 <nt> new [Re: Naoki]
#251672 - 04/13/11 04:03 AM

LOL, me too. This time yesterday, I was doing the rounds of VirtualBox, VLC, etc web sites checking for any updates, and I downloaded VLC 1.1.8 and installed it.

Moose

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Gah I only just updated to 1.1.8 <nt> new [Re: Moose]
#251691 - 04/13/11 07:45 AM

> LOL, me too. This time yesterday, I was doing the rounds of VirtualBox, VLC, etc web
> sites checking for any updates, and I downloaded VLC 1.1.8 and installed it.

Same... not only that, but Patch Tuesday was pretty massive today, at least for XP + Office 2007, one machine at work required 27 updates and it had just been updated the day before.

To stay on top of non-OS updates, I scan every once in a while on my Windows machines with:
1. Filehippo Update Checker - http://www.filehippo.com
2. KCSoftwares Sumo - http://www.kcsoftwares.com (although you have to jump through hoops to not install spyware with this)

I also keep a folder full of updated apps using Ketarin, with many tweaks and personalized additions.
http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/

- Stiletto

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: Gah I only just updated to 1.1.8 <nt> new [Re: Stiletto]
#251759 - 04/14/11 04:56 AM

> I also keep a folder full of updated apps using Ketarin, with many tweaks and
> personalized additions.
> http://ketarin.canneverbe.com/

Ahh, now that's cool. I've been doing this manually. I've got a 4 GB USB full of the very latest version of the utilities / apps I use (and I never leave home without this). The files on this USB are mirrored on all of my PCs. I've been keeping this up-to-date manually all these years. Might have to give Keratin a go.

One thing I always do is download and date everything and stick it in a sub-directory depending on what it is, for example for "vlc-1.1.8-win32.exe" and "AutoGordianKnot.2.55.Setup.exe", I'd rename them to add the release date and store them in these sub-directories:

Utils - Latest\Movie+Video - Players\vlc-1.1.8-win32 - 2011-03-23.exe
Utils - Latest\Movie+Video - Editors+Converters\AutoGordianKnot.2.55.Setup - 2009-02-01.exe

and then as well as doing local virus / malware scans with the usual tools, I also upload all of the update files to VirusTotal and scan them and save all of the scan results with the application, for example:

Utils - Latest\Movie+Video - Players\vlc-1.1.8-win32 - Virus Scan = ALL OK, All Clear.txt
Utils - Latest\Movie+Video - Editors+Converters\easy_subtitle_converter_12 - Virus Scan = All OK, All Clear.txt

It's being anal I know. But, if I ever get a virus or malware, then I not only want to track down what it is, how to destroy it, take it apart and see what it's been doing, and then figure out what on earth I might be able to do to track down and get even with the bastard who wrote it, etc - but I also want to know exactly how I got infected and block the hole.

If files are too big to upload to VirusTotal, then I decompress them, split them up, and re-compress and upload them in groups, scanning each group and merging all the scan results into one text file for each application.

Very anal I know, but I don't like being hit.

Hmmm, I think poor Ketarin would blow a gonad, even if it could automate all of this. I think I'll have to keep doing things manually.

Moose's quote of the day:
"Once deep in Afghanistan, i lost my corkscrew, we had to survive for days on nothing but food and water."
-W.C. Fields

Moose

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 351 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1997