MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

indycar_fan
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/11/11
Send PM

Timber, Tapper & Spy Hunter music missing notes.
#251467 - 04/11/11 01:51 AM

Has anyone else noticed that Timber, Tapper and Spy Hunter's music is now missing notes and SOME sound effects? I'm still using .141 V3 (W verified romset for .141), but I didn't see any notes about it in the latest release. Has anyone else noticed this? You'll really notice it in Timber, you only hear like half the notes in the songs. Could someone else verify it's not just a problem I'm having and possibly let the testers know (since I now have to wait 24 hours to post there)?

Thanks!

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Timber, Tapper & Spy Hunter music missing notes. new [Re: indycar_fan]
#251471 - 04/11/11 02:39 AM

> Has anyone else noticed that Timber, Tapper and Spy Hunter's music is now missing
> notes and SOME sound effects? I'm still using .141 V3 (W verified romset for .141),
> but I didn't see any notes about it in the latest release. Has anyone else noticed
> this? You'll really notice it in Timber, you only hear like half the notes in the
> songs. Could someone else verify it's not just a problem I'm having and possibly let
> the testers know (since I now have to wait 24 hours to post there)?
>
> Thanks!

Each game you mentioned have a Service Mode (via Dip Switch) and the #6 selection is "Channel Test". This test should let us know if there is a sound channel not working. I tested all the games you mentioned with 0.141, 0.141u3 and even 0.142 and each of them played each channel as expected on my machine. I'm not use MAMEUI or any other UI-derived build, just the normal command-line build without any adjusted sources.

That said, I'd check your audio devices' balance as the games rely on stereo sound and both left and right are needed.

indycar_fan
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Timber, Tapper & Spy Hunter music missing notes. new [Re: Tafoid]
#251473 - 04/11/11 03:03 AM

Thanks for the info, everything sounded fine before I upgraded mame and the roms in my cabinet. I'll try that.

indycar_fan
MAME Fan
Send PM

#251474 - 04/11/11 03:33 AM

Tried the sound test in Timber and you are absolutely right. I had a loose wire in my cabinet and the right channel was out. Absolutely nothing wrong with mame..

Thanks!

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

#251482 - 04/11/11 10:33 AM

> Tried the sound test in Timber and you are absolutely right. I had a loose wire in my
> cabinet and the right channel was out. Absolutely nothing wrong with mame..
>
> Thanks!

Not dissing you here, just curious: how could you miss the lack of spatial presentation, even with mono games, there?

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

indycar_fan
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Timber, Tapper & Spy Hunter music missing notes. new [Re: mogli]
#251559 - 04/12/11 02:21 AM

I wondered the same thing after I realized my right speaker was out. For the most part, I'm guessing that most of the other kinds of games I play in my cabinet are mostly fighting games like Street Fighter, etc. and it isn't nearly as noticeable as in a game like Timber where half the notes come from each channel.

Allroy
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/10/06
Send PM

#310133 - 06/12/13 07:17 AM

I found this thread when I googled "tapper missing notes mame"

my right speaker was unplugged too! just wanted to say thanks for asking the question and finding the answer. lol.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2299