MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Please tell me people have learned something
#251435 - 04/10/11 04:34 PM

I woke up to this hilarious 2011 headline:

"Obama to announce plan to reduce deficit"

To announce? I thought that was his acceptance speech goal... going back to 2008 when he promised to have cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term.

His party had an unprecedented monopoly on the House, the Senate, and the Presidency, and here's how that worked out...

Deficit as a % of the GDP

Now he has to compromise and work with Republicans. If he expects anyone to belive him this time, does he think the American people are smoking crack, or is he?

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Please tell me people have learned something new [Re: GatKong]
#251441 - 04/10/11 05:05 PM

Those two charts together almost make him look good.

The deficit increased by 200%, but as a percentage of the GDP, it only increased by what, 130%? Does that mean the GDP has improved?

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Please tell me people have learned something new [Re: TriggerFin]
#251442 - 04/10/11 05:14 PM

> Those two charts together almost make him look good.
>
> The deficit increased by 200%, but as a percentage of the GDP, it only increased by
> what, 130%? Does that mean the GDP has improved?

Apparently it has

So if he doubled the debt in his first two years, and undoes everything he did in the second two years, does he get credit for halving the national debt by putting everything back the way it was before he started?

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#251470 - 04/11/11 02:31 AM

The only thing people should learn is that it doesn't matter who is voted into office, this is politics as usual. Say one thing and do another. Distract the public with one thing while something worse is going on right under our noses.

Obama and his cronies aren't doing anything that McCain and his group wouldnt have done, and come election time you're going to hear the same rhetoric from the candidates and the charade will continue.

Only until the public gets mad enough to actually get up and do something about it will anything truly change.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#251472 - 04/11/11 02:47 AM

> Deficit as a % of the GDP

Actually, excluding the '11 projections, the graph is pretty much dead on to what was predicted during his campaign. If the '11 actuals turn out half of '10, the graph will look exactly like his original campaign projections. I guess "Doing what you promised" just doesn't sit well with some.

I really don't care either way. If our society crumbles I get to loot. If it doesn't, I continue on with the status quo.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1847