MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Best Online Guitar Lesson site I've yet found
#251371 - 04/09/11 06:08 PM Attachment: Screen shot 2011-04-09 at 11.03.03 AM.png 222 KB (1 downloads)

www.cifraclub.com.br

Even ignoring the fact it's in Portuguese, because it doesn't matter because they have the video demonstration embedded, also embedded original music video clips (under "clipes"), they have the tabs, the chords, the sheet music, everything. The embedds float, so you can scroll through the tablature or the sheet music, and still see the vids. You can pick versions of the lessons, including Bass (baixo). If the song has piano, ukulele, or even violin accompaniment, they have that too (under the buttons labelled "teclado", "cavaco" and "vialoa" respectively), It's the most complete, comprehensive library of lessons I've ever seen... and it's free.

I've found all kinds of music, all genres, all eras. It's pretty awesome. My boys are using it now (maybe they'll even learn some Portuguese while they are there... by accident, you know... they don't want to learn it.)

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

YES!!! They even have music for Smit! new [Re: GatKong]
#251372 - 04/09/11 06:23 PM Attachment: Screen shot 2011-04-09 at 11.20.13 AM.png 277 KB (1 downloads)

Friday

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Nipple fail new [Re: GatKong]
#251373 - 04/09/11 06:39 PM

No you can only post stuff about that song on Fridays. That's the new rule you should have foreseen. It's Satty so massive fail.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Best Online Guitar Lesson site I've yet found new [Re: GatKong]
#251404 - 04/10/11 04:45 AM

I need to practice guitar chords, badly. ...I should also learn some chords on the piano. Now if I only had a keyboard.

LEVEL-4

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Best Online Guitar Lesson site I've yet found new [Re: GatKong]
#251419 - 04/10/11 08:42 AM

> www.cifraclub.com.br
>
> Even ignoring the fact it's in Portuguese, because it doesn't matter because they
> have the video demonstration embedded, also embedded original music video clips
> (under "clipes"), they have the tabs, the chords, the sheet music, everything. The
> embedds float, so you can scroll through the tablature or the sheet music, and still
> see the vids. You can pick versions of the lessons, including Bass (baixo). If the
> song has piano, ukulele, or even violin accompaniment, they have that too (under the
> buttons labelled "teclado", "cavaco" and "vialoa" respectively), It's the most
> complete, comprehensive library of lessons I've ever seen... and it's free.
>
> I've found all kinds of music, all genres, all eras. It's pretty awesome. My boys are
> using it now (maybe they'll even learn some Portuguese while they are there... by
> accident, you know... they don't want to learn it.)

It's pretty cool, especially to have the video demonstrations to go along with the TAB and sheet music.

Two things, though, for anyone who is serious about learning an instrument:

TAB is a great shortcut, but it is really worthwhile to sit down with a recording and learn it on your own. The ear training you get from it is invaluable and makes you a better musician in the long term. I got started when TAB first started really becoming mainstream, in guitar mags and books. Being a lazy-ass teenager, I relied on it almost exclusively and missed out on a lot of ear training, which would come back to bite me later. Digital recordings these days are so easy to work with (compared to records, cassettes, and even CDs) there's really no excuse.

Online lessons are great, but almost all of the ones I've seen focus just on teaching you a particular song, with basically no discussion of the underlying music theory. That's fine if you just want to learn a few tunes to play at parties, but if you really want to learn the instrument, there's no replacement for studying with a real teacher. Learning the chords is great, but understanding how they work is even more important if you want to be able to improvise, pick up new songs quickly, work with other musicians, write songs, etc.

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

Re: Best Online Guitar Lesson site I've yet found new [Re: DMala]
#251455 - 04/10/11 11:29 PM

I got started with tabs back in 1997-8... Nowadays, you can find tabs for almost any song... Back then, comparatively there weren't many online... So I had to learn to figure songs out by ear... The first one I figured out was Bob Dylan's My Back Pages... there was only a Byrds version at the time...

http://www.azchords.com/d/dylanbob-tabs-5069/mybackpages-tabs-177162.html
(I posted this back in January 1998, about 6 months after I got my first acoustic guitar... probably the first thing I had ever posted online..., it's not perfect, but it's close enough, and not bad since I had only learned my first chords maybe 3 months prior, via sheet music I had for Blonde on Blonde, which showed the fingering for guitar chords in those songs)

Nowadays, if I'm too lazy to do it all by ear, I usually will start with a tab (if I have nothing figured out already), to get a basic understanding and go from there... But they're rarely ever 'right' when you find them online...

I never studied with a real teacher... I did take a few lessons at the local music store (I may have made it through 4 weeks of it) later in 1998 when I got my first electric guitar... but any theory I've picked up over the years has been from people I've played with, and/or lots of reading...

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1437