View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

I see jesus...
#251064 - 04/06/11 08:18 PM Attachment: latest_sxi.png 163 KB (1 downloads)

...as drawn by south park. Must be a sign. Do you think its a coincidence that jesus is the "son" of god, and they call it the "sun"?

Totally the end of the world.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

I have never ever seen such a great proof of the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (nt) Pastafarian Truth new [Re: italie]
#251065 - 04/06/11 08:23 PM

> ...as drawn by south park. Must be a sign. Do you think its a coincidence that jesus
> is the "son" of god, and they call it the "sun"?
>
> Totally the end of the world.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

I see Prof. Honeydew new [Re: italie]
#251067 - 04/06/11 08:28 PM Attachment: phd.jpeg 9 KB (1 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

I see a weird elephant-aardvark-mickey-mouse thing new [Re: italie]
#251214 - 04/07/11 11:55 PM Attachment: 251064-latest_sxi.jpg 45 KB (1 downloads)

...maybe some alcohol would clarify...

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: I have never ever seen such a great proof of the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster Pastafarian Truth new [Re: Pi]
#259912 - 07/14/11 05:13 AM

Woah. Just wow. LOL. I was never aware of this until radio show host Mike Malloy talked about this briefly on his radio show.

Some Pastafarians news

--
http://www.venganza.org/ - Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpps/news/of...713-ch_14117100

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13...farian_Niko_Alm
--

Austrian drivers license at work.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: I see jesus... new [Re: italie]
#259914 - 07/14/11 05:19 AM

We're dependent on that unstable piece of shit for life and people glue their eyes to a boob tube so they can lose or gain a small fortune every time Bernanke the fortune teller scratches his nuts. It's a dipshit's life we live.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: I see jesus... new [Re: italie]
#259924 - 07/14/11 11:44 AM

> ...as drawn by south park. Must be a sign. NowformyrealreasonforpostingDo you think its a coincidence that jesus
> is the "son" of god, and they call it the "sun"?

I would think there's a connection if I were stupid enough to fall for that ridiculous Zeitgiest bullshit.

LEVEL-4

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: I see jesus... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#259928 - 07/14/11 03:37 PM

Quote:

I would think there's a connection if I were stupid enough to fall for that ridiculous Zeitgiest bullshit.

Do tell, how is it ridiculous?

Good thing I'm not stupid enough to fall for that ridiculous religious bullshit.

Hizzout
Send PM

You call that a silly hat? new [Re: gregf]
#259929 - 07/14/11 03:38 PM Attachment: pope_benedict(12).jpg 12 KB (1 downloads)

How's this one for size?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

I think it's awesome new [Re: Pi]
#259932 - 07/14/11 04:11 PM

The only dogma the pastafarian uphold is there should be no dogma.

It's a great excercise in liberty and equality, and I tip my collander at him.

If one person, who believes in an imaginary diety, gets to wear something on his head for his official photo, then everybody who believes in an imaginary diety should be able to as well.

Bravo!

Edit: Anticipating this arguement "But God is not imaginary". The simple answer is "Prove it." There is absolutely no more evidence in the existence of God than there is in the existance of a Spagetti Monster. How can faith in one be any more or less silly than faith in the other. It's hypocritical to argue that point any other way. For all we know, they are one in the same... who's to say what God's true physical manifestation looks like.

Edited by Gatinho (07/14/11 04:16 PM)

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: I see jesus... new [Re: Hizzout]
#259968 - 07/14/11 11:04 PM

> I would think there's a connection if I were stupid enough to fall for that
> ridiculous Zeitgiest bullshit.
>
> Do tell, how is it ridiculous?
>
> Good thing I'm not stupid enough to fall for that ridiculous religious bullshit.

Take the example of using the word "Sun" (meaning our Star) and interchanging it with "Son" (a male child of a parent). In those examples alone - the only way they're remotely alike is in their sound/pronunciation. But change those words back to foreign languages... They won't even sound alike.

LEVEL-4

Hizzout
Send PM

#259970 - 07/14/11 11:37 PM

Catholicism adopted many pagan beliefs and rituals and branded it as their own (see Christmas and Easter) and one of these included worship of the sun, which pagans believed was God (or at least A god).

Regardless of what the word sounds like, the translation would remain relevant.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: I think it's awesome new [Re: GatKong]
#259976 - 07/15/11 12:15 AM

> Edit: Anticipating this arguement "But God is not imaginary". The simple answer is
> "Prove it." There is absolutely no more evidence in the existence of God than there
> is in the existance of a Spagetti Monster. How can faith in one be any more or less
> silly than faith in the other. It's hypocritical to argue that point any other way.
> For all we know, they are one in the same... who's to say what God's true physical
> manifestation looks like.

First off, your last sentence. May I refer you to Genesis 1:26. Then...

Saying FSM, IPU, or (since the other 2 are being categorized as "Gods" I'll have to go with another familiar 'logos' if I can't just use "God") YWHW... Well, why not put any other God into the same category and say all religions are the same? You can't. All religions are different. YWHW and Allah? You can't compare the 2 if you really study the differences (it would be silly to presume they're alike in the first place). So you have to get specific. But what are we 'specifying' here? Perhaps a universal Life force that everything is the source of. I don't mean "a" God, but "THE" God.

I guess I should stop here and say that I'm breaking away from "Religion" - where you have a set of rules and standards to live by. Then there's belief. Putting faith in something that can't be proven - either well made arguments can support them, or steadfast conviction in the miraculous for which only supernatural forces can account for. This can apply to secular 'beliefs' as well. Erm, so, anyway... That brings us to into the realm of 'Deism'. Saying there IS a God, but who or what is he it?

Okay. We could put a badge on this "God". Say it's FSM. But to apply a title you're then attributing characteristics to this being. Let's change the badge to IPU (Invisible Pink Unicorn). Well, IPU and FPM aren't the same. Does that mean we cop-out and say there is no God because we can't fit him into a certain category or description, or (the argument) my idea of God doesn't match up with your idea of God? Right there is the problem. It's presupposing.

So what's my point?

Quote:

"But God is not imaginary". The simple answer is "Prove it."

Well "Dis... Prove it".

Why presume that all there is to life is what our 5 senses "prove" to us there is? Is the idea that there is more to life that what we merely perceive -too far fetched? Is the idea that there can be a higher intelligence, far greater than us too far fetched? What about (things) outside of our dimension? Or are 'Dimensions' just an unprovable fabrication of the imagination?

Saying "there is more to life" or what EXISTS in life... What is "Life"? What our senses perceive? Or what lies beyond our senses? What about a WAY of life? There's more to life than just taking advantage of everything life has to offer (hedonism doing what feels good and 'live and let live'). I guess those are good in their own way, although they're selfish. Doing what feels good isn't always the best way of living a life. It might feel good at the moment, but you'll probably feel sorry or reap the consequences later.

I guess I've said enough. :-/

eta: Okay. I can say s'more.

You, being a father, can relate to this. Lets say you want what's best for your children. You wouldn't want them to get into something that is destructive or that will end up hurting them in the end. You would also appreciate it if they were to help others that are in need.... Right? I'll assume the answer is 'yes'. It's essentially the Golden Rule. If you need help - you'd appreciate it when/where you could get it. But you're also free to refuse that help.

Things that are addictive, have negative side effects... Vices. It's generally considered by people that have 'vices' that those that don't partake in said 'vices' must have a conviction against using them. If they have a conviction they must have a belief. Or maybe it's merely wisdom to not do foolish things. Why else wouldn't they want to 'join in the fun?

Doing/taking things in Moderation. etc. etc.

I guess when you get down to it, there is a way one can live their life. Add to it ones willingness to acknowledge that there is a Creator... One that wants what's best for his creation and to give their best to others in need - even if it means showing them the right way to live to avoid what will hurt them in the end... If that just so happens to line up with what is titled as a "Christian" religion - well.... That that's just what it is. That is the 'Brand'.

It's possible to live by the same exact principles, but tag on another/different Deity and call it something else. If so you should still be despised by the world (others that do not follow or subscribe to your "brand" of beliefs).

I often think. When someone labels themself as "Atheist"... First, as a rule, they should merely proclaim that they do not believe in ANY God. This would include the "God" or "Gods" of ANY religion. Yet, it seems like 99% of the time the target of their spite and ridicule is the God of the Christian (or even Jewish) religion. How many remarks or articles or whatever - do you see where they're bashing Buddha, or Krishna? Not much really. That sort of hints as to what/who they believe the one true God to be. The squeakiest wheel gets the most grease.

Anyway, what I was thinking. It seems like a majority of the time they don't act so much like an 'Atheist' as they do an 'Anti-Theist'. Or just mocking/ridiculing the ONES that believe in a God. I guess it's like MAME that way. Atheism is all about perceived accuracy, getting to piss on Christians is a cool side effect.

Edited by T0M (07/15/11 12:49 AM)

LEVEL-4

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: I think it's awesome new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#259985 - 07/15/11 03:52 AM

>Or just mocking/ridiculing the ONES that believe in a God.

Nah, that's not the point of my post. To the contrary, the dude wanting to wear a spaghetti strainer on his head is an exercise in tolerance.

Basically, you indulge my beliefs, and I'll indulge you in yours. But it took him two years of legal battle for that right... because the government was willing to accept and recognize one religion, but not another... neither of which has any more or less evidence of credibility that the other, since they are based on faith not evidence, is the point.

To that I said Bravo... basically separation of church and state... the government shouldn't endorse one religion while suppressing another. Who's to say who's is right/best/wrong/worthy?

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: I think it's awesome new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#260014 - 07/15/11 05:25 PM

Quote:

It seems like a majority of the time they don't act so much like an 'Atheist' as they do an 'Anti-Theist'. Or just mocking/ridiculing the ONES that believe in a God.

I won't speak for all atheists or anti-theists but most of the time the mocking is a direct result from the contradictions that (for the most part) Christians seem to ignore. Their God is all loving, all knowing, all powerful but is also a spiteful, despicable dictator.

To me it's funny that so many Christians get riled up if their beliefs are challenged, but they're all too happy at the thought of someone being tortured for eternity.

You're also supposedly born into sin and shame. You're never worthy of the one that supposedly loves you. You're always dirty, always guilty, should always be ashamed - and you're supposed to love this deity who would cast you off to face eternal torture for not following his petty, absurd rules.

Quote:

I often think. When someone labels themself as "Atheist"... First, as a rule, they should merely proclaim that they do not believe in ANY God. This would include the "God" or "Gods" of ANY religion. Yet, it seems like 99% of the time the target of their spite and ridicule is the God of the Christian (or even Jewish) religion. How many remarks or articles or whatever - do you see where they're bashing Buddha, or Krishna? Not much really.

I can't recall a time ever where a Buddhist or Hindu ever told me I would burn in hell, or for that matter ever even bring up their religion in a conversation without first being asked about it. I wish I could say the same for the 3 major religions.

Quote:

There's more to life than just taking advantage of everything life has to offer

You're right, and you'd be surprised how many non-religious people don't do drugs, drink alcohol, or have orgies, despite what is taught at the pulpit every Sunday. What you may even find more shocking is that the majority of non-believers are happy, centered individuals...they're not secretly miserable or missing something in their lives, again despite what you might be told in church.

Morality was not invented by religion. Just because you're not religious doesn't mean you're amoral, and just because you ARE religious doesn't mean you ARE moral. Morality is shaped in part by human nature, and also by cultural forces. I would never go and drop-kick a baby...not because the Bible told me not to, but because it is inanely WRONG.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

I love it when conversations spawn from my nonsensical tripe...<nt> new [Re: Hizzout]
#260023 - 07/15/11 06:36 PM

> Catholicism adopted many pagan beliefs and rituals and branded it as their own (see
> Christmas and Easter) and one of these included worship of the sun, which pagans
> believed was God (or at least A god).
>
> Regardless of what the word sounds like, the translation would remain relevant.

Hizzout
Send PM

You might say this thread was.... new [Re: italie]
#260028 - 07/15/11 07:21 PM Attachment: csi_yeah_skyline.jpg 25 KB (1 downloads)

Resurrected.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

italieAdministrator
Send PM

It's all really just good... new [Re: Hizzout]
#260030 - 07/15/11 07:59 PM

"pun in the sun"

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: I think it's awesome new [Re: Hizzout]
#260034 - 07/15/11 09:42 PM

>Morality was not invented by religion. Just because you're not religious doesn't mean you're amoral, and just because you ARE religious doesn't mean you ARE moral.

Ignoring for a sec the thousands of pedophiliac priests and ministers in jail for fraud... the dude who chopped up that child this week was himself an orthodox jew... which is why the victimized hassidic jewish child felt safe approaching him for help. That child LITERALLY would have been better off asking an atheist pimp and/or drug dealer for directions... he certainly couldn't have done worse.

What love there is in a man's heart counts more than the book in his hand. If there is a Satan, he walks this Earth proclaiming the name of God.

Here's a question.. the guy that chopped up that little boy... had he never had the opportunity to commit such a heinous crime... but obviously still harbors the evil to have done so given the opportunity... is he still worthy of heaven... while an innocent loving person who was never "saved" because he lives ignorant of God' presence in the jungles of Borneo is damned to hell for eternity?

Edited by Gatinho (07/15/11 09:45 PM)

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: I think it's awesome new [Re: GatKong]
#260051 - 07/16/11 01:56 AM

> Here's a question.. the guy that chopped up that little boy... had he never had the
> opportunity to commit such a heinous crime... but obviously still harbors the evil to
> have done so given the opportunity... is he still worthy of heaven... while an
> innocent loving person who was never "saved" because he lives ignorant of God'
> presence in the jungles of Borneo is damned to hell for eternity?

After typing out a very long reply I'll just keep it short and simple since this is ultimately the last thing I got around to.

God doesn't send anyone to hell, we make the choice to go there or not by either being repentant of our wicked ways, or reveling in them and thus rejecting God and/or His will for our life (God is willing that NO man should go to hell... how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?). And only God is worthy to judge the heart of every man from whatever country or time period. So I can't say that the "innocent" (although they really aren't innocent) and ignorant jungle native can or should go to hell.

LEVEL-4

Jdurgi
Regular
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

#260115 - 07/17/11 03:12 AM

> > ...as drawn by south park. Must be a sign. NowformyrealreasonforpostingDo you think
> its a coincidence that jesus
> > is the "son" of god, and they call it the "sun"?
>
> I would think there's a connection if I were stupid enough to fall for that
> ridiculous Zeitgiest bullshit.

I thought I saw Jesus today. Turns out it was only a blood stain on the carpet of my stairs from when I stumbled and fell down them. Heh. I then sneezed and I think my nose had a miscarriage.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: You call that a silly hat? new [Re: Hizzout]
#260188 - 07/18/11 06:12 AM Attachment: bitdance.gif 261 KB (1 downloads)

>How's this one for size?

Good luck with him being able to fit that hat into a driver's license photo id in case he decides to drive around. The license probably won't be able to fit inside the wallet if wearing the headgear is needed for the id photo.

* file source can be found on site...for those interested*

http://loopable.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/bitdance.gif?w=380

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 115 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3375