MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Sometimes life has too many coincidences to be coincidence.
#250540 - 04/01/11 06:15 PM

I have a very logical brain for the most part. I tend to side with the assumption that everything has a reasonable explanation, no matter how weird. There are a few times, however, where I'm completely comfortable accepting things like fate, divine intervention, karma...etc.

I was really late getting out the door this morning. No particular reason, it just seemed like every time I headed toward the door some little thing would pop into my head and I'd turn around. 30 minutes of little things added up quick. I finally make it out the door and turn left at the first intersection, instead of right. For 3 years I've been turning right, for no reasonable explanation that didn't happen today. I'm not able to make a U-turn immediately, so I continue going the wrong way for a bit. At that point Dunkin Donuts coffee pops into my head. It's on a route I would never otherwise take to work, but for some reason I'm craving it. I'm already very behind schedule, so I figure why not. I head out of my way to Dunkin Donuts.

Nearing my coffee fix, I see a car stall ahead of me. The cars hazards flip on. As I get closer, the car looks familiar. It's my brothers car. What are the odds. I'm there to help him push the car out of traffic seconds after he has an issue.

I know this isn't the most unreasonable scenario to have happen, especially with my brother living close by. But what ~is~ odd is how the morning seemed to dictate to me that I would be almost an hour off schedule, a mile in the opposite direction, on a road I haven't taken to work EVER. To be at that spot just when someone I know would need my help most just seems to much to have a reasonable explanation.

Karma, Fate, Divine Intervention...whatever you are...keep it up. You seem to have a better life compass than I do. I'll just try to listen to directions as best I can.

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

Re: Sometimes life has too many coincidences to be coincidence. new [Re: italie]
#250552 - 04/01/11 07:28 PM

Been thru stuff like that myself.

3 yrs ago money got real tight. Christmas, gas and electric bills, snow on the
ground and 3 kids and flat broke. 4 days till payday and Im sitting trying to
figure out how to buy food pay bills etc. Im complaining to myself and I finally
pray (sorry not trying to start nothing) and this little voice tells me to clean
off the top of my china cabinet, I get mad and refuse. the next day same thing
Im sitting there trying to figure out my dilema, after an hour or so I pray again
and again this voice starts in "clean off the top of the china cabinet" again
I refuse and after 2 hrs of fighting with this voice. yelling at God I stood up
and Yelled "FINE! I'll clean off the china cabinet!!!" kids look at me like im
stupid and I grab a rag and cleaner and step stool. I get up there and move a
little box and find 500 dollars I had put up there 2 yrs before and forgot about.

with that money I went and bought grocieries first and payed bills later, with
everything bought and bills payed I ended up with 12 dollars left and with that
I bought gas and had just enough to get back and forth to work until payday.

Only here to annoy...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Sometimes life has too many coincidences to be coincidence. new [Re: italie]
#250617 - 04/02/11 07:12 AM

I had a dream as I slept today. Part of it was me being in a kitchen of a house I used to live in (with my Dad, back in the 90's). I was in the kitchen and there was a pan with chicken in it with a lot of clear oil or something bubbling. It was pretty much ready but I didn't take any of it (I might've really been hungry too)... There was also something else in the oven, in a cast-iron pan, covered. That was still cooking...

Back to reality. My freezer quit working a few days ago, and I stored some of the meat items (chicken, hamburger patties, and tilapia) in my Dad's freezer. So, tonight I was going to go up there to get either fish or chicken to cook and eat (with some rice). All of my chicken was froze together in one solid mass (from having defrosted when they were in my freezer). So taking 2 pieces wasn't going to happen. I instead took some of the fish (these are in individual packets). Yet, my dad did offer me some of the chicken he had, and said he usually cooks it with a little bit of oil and water (these are frozen chicken breasts) in a pan... And right when he said that it reminded me of what I had dreamed.

On my walk back home I was thinking of what had happened, and the dream... Really wondered if there was some deeper meaning to it.

LEVEL-4

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Aaaalmond Joy's got nuts new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#250618 - 04/02/11 07:18 AM

Mounds don't.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#250651 - 04/02/11 07:56 PM

> I have a very logical brain for the most part. I tend to side with the assumption
> that everything has a reasonable explanation, no matter how weird. There are a few
> times, however, where I'm completely comfortable accepting things like fate, divine
> intervention, karma...etc.
>
> I was really late getting out the door this morning. No particular reason, it just
> seemed like every time I headed toward the door some little thing would pop into my
> head and I'd turn around. 30 minutes of little things added up quick. I finally make
> it out the door and turn left at the first intersection, instead of right. For 3
> years I've been turning right, for no reasonable explanation that didn't happen
> today. I'm not able to make a U-turn immediately, so I continue going the wrong way
> for a bit. At that point Dunkin Donuts coffee pops into my head. It's on a route I
> would never otherwise take to work, but for some reason I'm craving it. I'm already
> very behind schedule, so I figure why not. I head out of my way to Dunkin Donuts.
>
> Nearing my coffee fix, I see a car stall ahead of me. The cars hazards flip on. As I
> get closer, the car looks familiar. It's my brothers car. What are the odds. I'm
> there to help him push the car out of traffic seconds after he has an issue.
>
>
> I know this isn't the most unreasonable scenario to have happen, especially with my
> brother living close by. But what ~is~ odd is how the morning seemed to dictate to me
> that I would be almost an hour off schedule, a mile in the opposite direction, on a
> road I haven't taken to work EVER. To be at that spot just when someone I know would
> need my help most just seems to much to have a reasonable explanation.
>
> Karma, Fate, Divine Intervention...whatever you are...keep it up. You seem to have a
> better life compass than I do. I'll just try to listen to directions as best I can.

I suspect that 10 years from now you meet a leprechaun who will give you 3 wishes and one of those is that you wish you'd happened across your bro and helped him out before that stupid bitch who was texting while driving turned him into pavement pizza
That's really sweet to use one of your wishes on your brother like that!
Of course now that your brother isn't dead your life goes down a completely different path, you never meet Susan and so you don't take that vacation to Ireland so you never meet the leprechaun, the upshot is, that in 10 years time, you create a paradox that rips apart the space-time continuum and destroys all of creation - cheers for that!

Jdurgi
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

#250656 - 04/02/11 08:46 PM

The job I have now makes me feel as if fate is indeed a real thing. After graduating college, I went and got a job that I figured would be a short term job until I got into the field I got my degree in. (Chemistry). Well, it turned out I was very good at the job I had and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. So I stayed on. After a couple of years, and a few promotions later, I wound up in a position where I was working with a new person who had just come over here from a large company. She was an awesome "boss" of sorts and really helped me understand the business as she had just left a company that we worked with.

After a year or so, she left the company to go back to the company she came from. A few weeks later, she gave me a call and said that they had a position open and wondered if I wanted to apply for it. I said yes, got interviewed, and got the job where I currently work. Time went on, and I was eventually assigned to a study with a clinician who was absolutely great. Fantastic to work with, a great attitude, and never demanded too much. The friend who offered me my job had an office right across from mine, and I was just telling her about my new study and the clinician I worked with, and her eyes kind of widened open. The clinician I work with is the same person who offered my friend her original job at the company many years ago.

A few months ago, I was asked to look into an inquiry by a regulatory agency on a study that was conducted about 6 years ago in the program I work on. As I looked through all the old records, I saw that the clinician who hired my friend was working on that particular study years ago in a role similar to what I do now. So I went and talked with her and asked about some things and she directed me to the clinician on that study who is currently a clinician on another one of my current studies. I went and talked with her and she remembered the site that the issue apparently arose at. This helped me figure out what the issue was and find the documentation on it that was being asked about.

The really weird thing is, the site I was looking at was located at the hospital where I was born! The investigator at that site was the daughter of the doctor that brought me into this world. Even more odd was that the clinician on that study got her medical degree from the same school.

It has to be fate that I wound up at my current job and was asked to look into that one issue.

1: Person who offered me my current job was hired by one of my current clinicians.
2: That person ended up working at the same company that I was working at.
3: She left that company and offered me my job at the company we currently both work at.
4: While at this company I was assigned to a study where the clinician is the person who hired my friend many years ago.
5: I was asked to look into something from many years ago (before I arrived at the company) where the clinician who hired my friend was working in a similar role to that I have now.
6: The clinician on that study is currently a clinician on another study I work on.
7: The site I looked into was located at the hospital where I was born.
8: The investigator at that site was the daughter of the doctor who birthed me.
9: The clinician on that study got her degree at that same place that I was born.

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 72 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1244