MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

opossumita
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/05/11
Send PM

ASTRA SUPERSTARS crashing at the beginning in 64bit MAME
#248121 - 03/06/11 02:20 PM

Hi all, this bug has already been discussed here and there and even reported on MameTesters, anyway i guess it's a good thing to rescue the problem again from oblivion since after so much time it hasn't been fixed yet ... ^.^ Each time you try runnning ASTRA SUPERSTARS (astrass) in MAMEUI64 the emulator crashes when pressing the start key at the beginning... Otherwise the game perfectly runs in MAMEUI32. Same for all the other versions of MAME, the game works perfectly in 32bit builds, crashes in 64bit ones. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64...Do you experience the same crash on other operating systems?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: ASTRA SUPERSTARS crashing at the beginning in 64bit MAME new [Re: opossumita]
#248146 - 03/06/11 06:15 PM

Yes, confirmed, crashes on MAMEUI64 when run from the GUI or command line. Runs fine on MAMEUI32.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: ASTRA SUPERSTARS crashing at the beginning in 64bit MAME new [Re: opossumita]
#248153 - 03/06/11 07:22 PM

> Hi all, this bug has already been discussed here and there and even reported on
> MameTesters, anyway i guess it's a good thing to rescue the problem again from
> oblivion since after so much time it hasn't been fixed yet ... ^.^

Unless you have something new to add (in which case it should be left as a comment on the actual MT bug), posting about something that's already in MAMETesters is the only surefire known way to make MAMEdev *less* interested in fixing it.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: ASTRA SUPERSTARS crashing at the beginning in 64bit MAME new [Re: R. Belmont]
#248160 - 03/06/11 10:42 PM

> > Hi all, this bug has already been discussed here and there and even reported on
> > MameTesters, anyway i guess it's a good thing to rescue the problem again from
> > oblivion since after so much time it hasn't been fixed yet ... ^.^
>
> Unless you have something new to add (in which case it should be left as a comment on
> the actual MT bug), posting about something that's already in MAMETesters is the only
> surefire known way to make MAMEdev *less* interested in fixing it.

I humbly ask that you don't work on it, then!

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

opossumita
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/05/11
Send PM

Re: ASTRA SUPERSTARS crashing at the beginning in 64bit MAME new [Re: R. Belmont]
#248169 - 03/07/11 01:28 AM

> > Hi all, this bug has already been discussed here and there and even reported on
> > MameTesters, anyway i guess it's a good thing to rescue the problem again from
> > oblivion since after so much time it hasn't been fixed yet ... ^.^
>
> Unless you have something new to add (in which case it should be left as a comment on
> the actual MT bug), posting about something that's already in MAMETesters is the only
> surefire known way to make MAMEdev *less* interested in fixing it.

Forgive me Father, i have sinned.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2051