MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dersu U.
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/06/11
Send PM

Point blank framerates heavily decrease on more recente mame versions?
#248113 - 03/06/11 11:53 AM

I've been playing Point Blank on an old release of MAME - it runs smoothly but without any sound.

On more recent releases (e.g. 0.130), the sound works, but the framerate is much slower, about 1/5th of the old one, making it unplayable on my machine.

How is such a decrease is possible?

Dersu

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Point blank framerates heavily decrease on more recente mame versions? new [Re: Dersu U.]
#248114 - 03/06/11 12:35 PM

> I've been playing Point Blank on an old release of MAME - it runs smoothly but
> without any sound.
>
> On more recent releases (e.g. 0.130), the sound works, but the framerate is much
> slower, about 1/5th of the old one, making it unplayable on my machine.

That seems unlikely unless your system is extremely weak. Perhaps you've misconfigured the newer version? For versions as far apart as you appear to be describing (Point Blank has had sound for around 5 years and 100% correct sound for around 2) it's best to keep the installations completely separate.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Point blank framerates heavily decrease on more recente mame versions? new [Re: Dersu U.]
#248124 - 03/06/11 02:38 PM

I find it hard to believe someone would be using such an old build of MAME, to completely lack sound support in Point Blank. Point Blank 1 is unchanged in the later builds, with the exception of replacing the Prop Cycle workaround/hack with the actual C75 used on Point Blank, and redumping the sound ROMs.

I think the original post might also refer to Point Blank 2 (clone on System 11 hardware, ptblank2a), not just Point Blank 1 (NB1).

The emulated CPU speed of System 11 games recently jumped from 16.393400MHz to 67.737600MHz.

This will affect all games in the driver, not just Point Blank 2. Even Tekken 1 will be painfully slow unless you have a dual core/x64 system. A Pentium 4 will not cut it these days, unless you're only playing 8- and 16-bit 2D systems.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2046